I found a cool old Mauser that I’ve wanted for a while

Lee in Texas

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
An early FN commercial Mauser with the double steps in the barrel where it reduces diameter, big FN logo undrilled. I just love these FNs. I may put a different stock on it, but if the barrel is in good shape, it will remain a .30-‘06 with a 70 year old barrel.

F14D5889-8EA6-49C5-8916-9081C595B246.jpeg
FB2B2B62-275B-4193-AB7A-CD41C0E9EF50.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new addition!

I had its production model mate in 270 Win for years. Yes, they are classics- congrats! Mine also was undrilled. I could never bring myself to D&T it for a scope. Pretty nice original stock with the horn butt and original Alexander? peep. I changed the peep out to a period correct Lyman (ca +/- 1950). Shot very well!
IIRC it really liked 110 TSXs.

Lee, all of my Swedish Mausers have original barrels. Everyone of them is over 100 years old and they shoot "juuuust" fine. I go through a copper removal process on every old rifle that I purchase using Bore Tech's Cu +2. Lots of folks might not think it is worth while, but it is.

Lee, all of my Swedish Mausers have original barrels. Everyone of them is over 100 years old and they shoot "juuuust" fine. I go through a copper removal process on every old rifle that I purchase using Bore Tech's Cu +2. Lots of folks might not think it is worth while, but it is.
I only have one that old. It’s a pre-WW1 98 sporter in 9x57. I won it on Gunbroker for less than half of what I expected to pay. I’ll try to get a photo of it. Here’s another that a really like. It’s an 8mm-‘06 sporter made from a “take home” 98. The military barrel was rechambered. The stock is thin and very light weight. It’s at the gunsmith to have the stock cleaned up. I stripped off a very heavy coating of urethane before this picture was taken.

A85A0008-EFD6-4557-BC85-5873B130418F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention; that photo is at the gunsmith’s shop. That’s Biscuit, his Jack Russell Terrier.

What a coincidence Lee. My best friend had a Jack Russel more than 20 years ago named Biscuit.

I used to have a Black Lab named Lady. When I would take her for a walk, another Black Lab named Lady would sometimes run out to say hello. Her owner would shout “Lady SIT!”. And mine would. I really miss that dog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you