Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC life member
Hunted
Namibia, USA
I finally joined Africa Hunting. I will be honest, I’m not a social media guy (kudu of the web). I’ve been reading forums on this website for years. I’ve been to many countries in Africa but only for work. I’ve always wanted to hunt Africa after reading Hemingway as a kid. In the next year or so I plan to hunt Cape Buffalo somewhere. I will attend the DSC convention Jan 2023. I recently purchased a NIB Model 70 375 h&h (Portugal) and 60 rounds of Federal 300 TBBC to begin practice. I have yet to buy a scope but with all the info in the forum I’m sure blessed with plenty of knowledge from the Africa Hunting community. Would like to thank everyone on this website that has contributed to the forums and shared the knowledge.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome out of the "Lurker" closet. Now you are free to post, provide info to others and have total African Hunter freedom ! Enjoy the sharing !!

Hello SGW,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth z

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

I finally joined Africa Hunting. I will be honest, I’m not a social media guy (kudu of the web). I’ve been reading forums on this website for years. I’ve been to many countries in Africa but only for work. I’ve always wanted to hunt Africa after reading Hemingway as a kid. In the next year or so I plan to hunt Cape Buffalo somewhere. I will attend the DSC convention Jan 2023. I recently purchased a NIB Model 70 375 h&h (Portugal) and 60 rounds of Federal 300 TBBC to begin practice. I have yet to buy a scope but with all the info in the forum I’m sure blessed with plenty of knowledge from the Africa Hunting community. Would like to thank everyone on this website that has contributed to the forums and shared the knowledge.
Welcome! Now save most of those TBBC rounds to hunt with! My favorite factory load for my Winchester M70 375 H&H.

Use anything else you can find for practice. About 200 rounds :) Off sticks and freehand of course ;)

Welcome to AH SGW! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Welcome to AH! Looking forward to reading about your preparation for the buffalo hunt!

@SGW … Welcome, & you’re Out of the Gates w/ a worthy Make/Model & Caliber for a future Buff hunt & confident afew Plains Game will be added to the trip!

I’m equally a 1st time .375 H&H owner this year & racking my brain (or overthinking!?) the needed and/or preferred scope, dual use - Buff & PG. A two (2) scope pkg resolves the issue but time to properly set-up both scopes seems to the issue this year …

Happy Trails.

Welcome! I also recently acquired the same rifle model and cartridge as you. Very fine choice.

May I ask where you got the TBBC? I have not found any of that stuff and would love to get a box or two or 5.

Welcome. If we all wait long enough, just about all the animals will come by to take a drink from the water hole.

Welcome to AH. Stick around. Knowledgeable hunters and good information, TheGrayRider.

Welcome to the posting side. Remember, when you take that hunt, share your hunt report with us.

Welcome aboard SGW. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what rifles other than your 375 H&H do you own, do you reload? BTW where do you live?

Welcome!! Great choices in rifle and ammo, and enjoy the planning process for the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!