I Couldn't Wait

Edster

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Well I just couldn't wait any longer. Trophy's finally arrived. I have a guy I work with that is in the Boston area during the week go to freight wharehouse that had the crates and pick up my hunting partners and my crates. He got here to the office around 10 am. I just couldn't wait till i got home. I had to pop the lid on my crate and sneak a peak. I might have to leave early, I'd like to start unpacking it!!
CRATE1.jpg

VertigoBE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Belgium, Scotland, Slovenia, South Africa
It's like christmas morning for adults :)

looking forward with impatience as well to my own crate, from June last year. Hopefully by April ! :)

good luck with giving everything a place!

Denvir Tire

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA Argentina South Africa Namibia Canada
I'm also waiting for a package from Namibia
BTW, that's a much better box than my last shipment came in

Rubberhead

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Media
Articles
Okay, I wasn't planning on bringing anything back from my first Africa trip other than memories and a lot of photographs. In my mind, a well-done hardback photo book is a good (or better in some ways) than actual mounts then...

I saw a photograph (I call a prop shot) of a rifle, journal and some warthog tusks so I started thinking, maybe I'll bring back the tusks of my first warthog...pretty easy and cheap then...

I saw a zebra rug. Okay, I like the idea, pretty cheap and flat - easy to ship then...

I saw your European mount on the Wildebeest...what? I really like that and it's not much more room than shipping a folded zebra rug...what's next?

Oh, by the way, thanks for sharing...you're giving me some ideas and changing my mind on a few things...

Edster

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Okay, I wasn't planning on bringing anything back from my first Africa trip other than memories and a lot of photographs. In my mind, a well-done hardback photo book is a good (or better in some ways) than actual mounts then...

I saw a photograph (I call a prop shot) of a rifle, journal and some warthog tusks so I started thinking, maybe I'll bring back the tusks of my first warthog...pretty easy and cheap then...

I saw a zebra rug. Okay, I like the idea, pretty cheap and flat - easy to ship then...

I saw your European mount on the Wildebeest...what? I really like that and it's not much more room than shipping a folded zebra rug...what's next?

Oh, by the way, thanks for sharing...you're giving me some ideas and changing my mind on a few things...

IMG_8426.JPG

Here ya go got home and uncrated them.

Hyde Hunter

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
Well I just couldn't wait any longer. Trophy's finally arrived. I have a guy I work with that is in the Boston area during the week go to freight wharehouse that had the crates and pick up my hunting partners and my crates. He got here to the office around 10 am. I just couldn't wait till i got home. I had to pop the lid on my crate and sneak a peak. I might have to leave early, I'd like to start unpacking it!!View attachment 448085
that is fantastic, if I may be so bold as to ask what country did you hunt, and what was the cost to ship them to you? again those look great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vityaz

Latest profile posts

cajunchefray wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello Tom "SAFARIKIDD". This is Charles Ray, aka "cajunchefray" from Ponchatoula.

We spoke a year or two ago when I sold you the Swarovski illuminated reticle scope,
Would like to meet with you and talk about Cal.

I bought some brass and bullets, and book from Cal and looked forward to meeting him, we talked about DSC next year.
Let's meet soon.
Charles
Andrew62 wrote on gillettehunter's profile.
Hello Bruce, I think you are still in Africa?? I just sent payment to Bulls Eye Taxidermy to have 3 of my animals mounted, it has been years since I have had anything mounted. I hope Ronnie and Jimmy had a good hunt down Kimberly way. Anyway, so nice to have met you Bruce, it was wonderful meeting you and spending time with you in camp. I hope your store closure and building sale go well. Cheers, Andrew Fike
BigFan375 wrote on Freetrade's profile.
I'm sorry, but I'm buying, not selling.............lee
Member: NRA Life

Hunt: Alaska-Canada-NM
geoff rath wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
G'day Bob,
Just had a yarn with A G, and he has filled me in on how much work he puts in to such developments, referencing QuikLoad, tightening tolerances, load development, range testing. He indicated that of you wish to contact him directly he can go into details far better than I.
If you wish , contact him directly, he has given the OK for me to pass that on.