Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I’ve been drooling over single shot rifles for a few years now. I kept looking through ballistic tables, trying to decide on the best and most reasonable calibre while at the same time wondering what type and make should the rifle be. After countless hours of browsing through online auctions and catalogues, I have finally settled on what I wanted, and so earlier today, l made the trip to the gun shop. As I expected, what I wanted was not in stock and had to be custom ordered. And so I placed the order for a Blaser K95 in a simple black finish, with titanium nitride, golden coloured trigger and straight stock with a slightly upgraded wood. I ordered the rifle with three barrels - 5.6x50R Mag, 30R Blaser and perhaps a bit oddly 9.3x74R (because I like it and load for it anyway).

I was told I can expect the rifle to be avaiable in the late winter or, more likely early spring. I expected as much, but my face must have shown some disappointment because the shop owner laughed and joked, “why don’t you buy yourself one of the synthetic stocked ones while you wait for the one you want? I have one right here”. And as I mentioned in the title, I am a weak man, and so I bought it. The plan is to sell it when the one I ordered comes, but we’ll see how that goes. It’s chambered in 8x57JRS calibre, which would not be my first choice but will undoubtedly do well with all of the hunting I’m planning to do with the rifle. It’s been less than 10 hours since the purchase and I shot a fox with it already, although, I was hoping for Roe Buck.

The rifle is fantastic, it is quite light and handles so well. I topped it with a 1.7-13.3x44 Swaro glass which I think really suits it.

Image1623961908.631556.jpg

That swaro Rail really gets that scope nice and low!

I need to learn to accept more weakness in my life! :)

Beautiful rifle!

Today I finally got some time to take the rifle to the range for some target shooting. Before that I’ve only fired a couple of shots to sight the scope in and one at a Fox. The plan was to shoot a couple of groups at 100m and move to 300m for few more. However, as soon as I managed to take the rifle out of its case my phone rang and there was a problem at work requiring my presence and attention. I figured extra 5-10 minutes will change nothing and so proceeded to fire a box (20 rounds) as quick as I could. Given the rush, mirage from the hot barrel (it’s over 32C - 100F today) and gusty winds I think the rifle did well and with a nice handload this one is gonna be a shooter. The ammo was S&B 220gr Sierra Game King.

Below is 20 round target at 100m.

Image1625661433.707243.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.