I aint Happy… Leupold V6 1-6x24 w/firedot

Does anyone know if the illuminated Boone and Crockett reticle is useable when the battery fails.I have a VXR which is a red dot but the BR reticle has a much larger illuminated area almost like a Christmas tree.
I looked at one and yes it is like a little Christmas tree all lit up. I'm sure it works fine with out turning the illumination on. The lines are in the same place and are there as I recall.

Leupold also has a CDS option and it comes with many of their scopes... There is a coupon in the box you fill out and send in (I think) and they send you a Custom Dial Turret programed to your load, elevation, etc.

On a 1-6 DG scope, I like the #4 reticle because it is fast and simple.

On a 1-6 DG scope, I like the #4 reticle because it is fast and simple.

I could not agree more(y)(y)(y)

Does anyone know if the illuminated Boone and Crockett reticle is useable when the battery fails.I have a VXR which is a red dot but the BR reticle has a much larger illuminated area almost like a Christmas tree.
All of the Leupold reticles work without battery/illumination, whether Firedot of more traditional illuminated versions with the knob on the eyepiece.

I like the # 4 reticule as well.

I use the Swarovski 1-6. If the reticle light for whatever reason doesn't work, it is simply a regular scope with an un-lit reticle. I see lots of upside to a lighted reticle and no downside.

It is indeed a regular scope, with a fantastic reticle, lit or not, and it is a world class scope at that. I have the firedot duplex in a VX6 and it works like a champ. If it were me, being brand new, I'd call Optics Planet, tell them what the deal is, and insist they send me another one ASAP. I bet they will do that no problem.

I like the # 4 reticule as well.

Same here, but I prefer the word 'reticle' because ... a reticule is a small net purse that a lady takes to a formal ball! :D

Update, after talking to a return rep at optics planet I was told I would receive an email resolving the issue. After today no email, so I called. Talked to a nice lady she said she would call me back, she repeated my number so waited for her to call with a fix. No call. Tomorrow another day.

I would go to Leupold if you get too much run around.. .But.....

Return Policy
We want your experience with us to be easy and hassle-free. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or full refund. For your convenience, OpticsPlanet offers a FREE pre-paid shipping label for qualifying domestic returns.

http://www.opticsplanet.com/our-policy.html

I got a call last Friday and follow up today on an issue I had with a damaged gun shipped by Cabela's.. last MARCH! So they are right on it...

Yup.....I called her after hours and left her a message. I'll be interested in seeing what happens tomorrow. I WILL talke to her tomorrow. In fairness to her, she might not have heard back from her supervisor. Tomorrow will be the day. All I want to do is exchange it and have them ship one immediately and send me a return label at same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you