npm352

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Got my hyena back today. Had him do some custom work to get the snarl and jaw set I was going for.

From Randy Gilmore in St. Louis, MO.
IMG_20210316_171912098_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210316_171605689_HDR.jpg

Absolutely fantastic !

Great to see a Spotted (or any) Hyena shoulder mount & that looks like a very nice job to .

I want the whole set of them but don't have the heart to cut my skins in half like that !

Looks good, thanks for sharing!

Very interesting. Had never seen a Hyena shoulder mount. Works well with the others.

Thanks guys. When I finished the hunt in Zim, I was short on funds and just had the hide tanned. I ended up trading some capes of other game towards the work four years after. I wasn't sure how it would turn out because shoulder mounts on carnivores aren't too common. We went back and forth on the ears and mouth. The ears aren't commonly like that, but I found a pic of a hyena fighting a wild dog pack and asked him to match that. Anyway, thanks guys. I was happy with it. I have always been attracted to the weird and obscure.

Nice! I like that.

Very cool

Turned out really well! As you said, not overly common, but I would imagine considerably less pricy than a full body mount. (And takes up much less room) I actually think it fits very well with your other mounts. I'm impressed!

That’s a little off the wall. :Bored:

Just kidding and sorry for the bad pun. ;)

I like that. I really do. It’s unique and it fits in very well with your wall full of great memories. Well done! (y)(y)

That's a really good mount. Must admit I was rather taken by the caracal in the background as well - nice to see an elegant mount and not all snarly and angry. You've used some good taxidermists.

FN

Oh man. I gave up on the idea of hyena bc the full body mount did not seem like a good value. I'm going to have to consider this!

Thanks for sharing

Looks nice!

I am a huge fan of shoulder mounts over lifesize. My father has a life size antelope that they bought at a yard sale. Guy was going through a divorce and my dad paid about $300 for it.

It is a huge one, something like 16 with big cutters. They have a huge house, but it is a big pain in the ass. I can't see doing a lifesize on a bigger animal ever.

Unless I was building a museum.

Very nice! (y)

Very good expression, congrats !

any frontal pics ?

Looks nice!

I am a huge fan of shoulder mounts over lifesize. My father has a life size antelope that they bought at a yard sale. Guy was going through a divorce and my dad paid about $300 for it.

It is a huge one, something like 16 with big cutters. They have a huge house, but it is a big pain in the ass. I can't see doing a lifesize on a bigger animal ever.

Unless I was building a museum.

Yes I think you need to be very rich to have a lot of Full body mounts for many reasons, not the least the Taxidermy bills !

Lost me a bit there @Muskox, do you mean Warthog, some species of Pig or a type of Demon Antelope ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choangclubcasa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross