Hyena hunting

"DaggaBoy"

Congratulations on some great trophies! . . and that third photo down is REALLY NICELY MARKED HYENA!

So... I am going on my own personal spotted hyena hunt in two weeks and was wondering what you all think would be a good mount:

1. Full Mount in the walk with a vervet monkey hanging in it's mouth
2. Full Mount in the walk with a guinea fowl in it's mouth
3. Full Mount in the walk with a bone of some sort in it's mouth

or any other ideas are welcome...

I am leaning towards the monkey but cant decide.

Full mount with mouth open in that leering grin that we often see. I had envisioned this for my own unsuccessful hyena hunt(s), with maybe him sticking his head out thru tall grass on a pedestal or some such, on the hunt. I would not have a critter in its mouth were it me.

I agree, I would not have anything in its mouth either. I would do a full mount with a good view of the teeth.

Hi Erik! Good to see you on here again! I know you have been busy.

If I do get mine this year, it will just be a skull with open mouth which will be placed in my library.

Africa books section :E Big Grin:

Unfortunately I don´t have the space for a full mount.

If I do get mine this year, it will just be a skull with open mouth which will be placed in my library.

Africa books section :E Big Grin:

Unfortunately I don´t have the space for a full mount.

I happen to have the perfect place to "dispose" of that nasty Hyena hide for you. ;)

I happen to have the perfect place to "dispose" of that nasty Hyena hide for you. ;)

I would gladly donate that nasty hide to you if it can be done.

I would gladly donate that nasty hide to you if it can be done.

Not sure if its possible either and I would love to have it but Im sure there would be plenty who would pay for a hide like that. Might be able to recoup some of your trophy shipping costs with that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross