Hyena Hunting Zimbabwe 2018

What time of year and would there be good plains game to hunt?

What time of year and would there be good plains game to hunt?
Plains game hunting is generally all year round with a peak in mid May - mid July end July , some areas may differ by a week or so, anyway that seems to be the rut season for most animals. From August - mid November it’s still very good just befor it rains and everything is green and wet. Reason being the Bush is thinner you can see better and the game tend to frequent water points more often . Having said that there are hunts going on now and successfully hunts at that . So in a nutshell you can hunt all year round on a good property. Hope this helped

Mate, just to confirm / clarify for future reference, being a chalky who gets nearly all of January off... you can hunt Zimbabwe in January?

Mate, just to confirm / clarify for future reference, being a chalky who gets nearly all of January off... you can hunt Zimbabwe in January?

Yes you can hunt in January .

What is better time of year for Hyena/Honey Badger early April or late Oct?

What is better time of year for Hyena/Honey Badger early April or late Oct?
Hi Will, the Hyena and Honey badger are all year round there is not really a better time so to speak, however visibility is better later in the year as far as seeing them at night with the use of a spotlight and night vision.

All the best

Wayne

Well folks Daniel has just started this hunt and took 2 Hyena with me on the 1st night plus a Baboon the next day , he will be hunting another 8 days with Norman as I have another hunt staring on Tuesday.. I am positive Daniel will get to shoot a whole bunch more Hyena and other critters ...
IMG_2410.JPG
IMG_1463.JPG

Well folks Daniel has just started this hunt and took 2 Hyena with me on the 1st night plus a Baboon the next day , he will be hunting another 8 days with Norman as I have another hunt staring on Tuesday.. I am positive Daniel will get to shoot a whole bunch more Hyena and other critters ... View attachment 238045View attachment 238048
Looking forward to Tuesday and the demise of another Hyena or three!

This is definitely a great hunt for someone looking for a spotted hyena.

WOW you have some BIG hyena in your area !! Congrats. Love the little Wildcat !

Excellent trophies! The civet cat would make a great whole mount or flat skin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg