Huntress posing with bloody HEART

@CoElkHunter
My son had to eat a piece of raw liver and have stripes put on his forehead and cheeks with the animals blood as a show of respect for his first Namibian animal. A Springbok.
If you had used a 243 you wouldn't have got your pronghorn and I would have had to shoot you.
Bob
Your son "had to eat" raw liver?? Who made him do that? Had to? Or what? I dont get that at all.
The blooding part I get, my son was blooded on his first animal, a blesbok. First thing he had ever taken, but made to eat raw liver? Uh, no...

Your son "had to eat" raw liver?? Who made him do that? Had to? Or what? I dont get that at all.
The blooding part I get, my son was blooded on his first animal, a blesbok. First thing he had ever taken, but made to eat raw liver? Uh, no...
Probably tasted like chicken?

Perhaps someone PMed old Fred and they met and are still discussing it personally.
I couldn't PM him when I tried to. I think his settings are set so that you can't.

Fighting - Is money and lobbying important, of course it is. But much more important is winning over the 80% of the population that doesn't hunt but can be persuaded.

A good 80-90% of that group supports deer hunting. The number gets cut in 1/2 with other species / trophy hunting. We can continue to support attention seekers and continue to watch that number plummet, or we can actually do something about it and watch support numbers rise.

If the consensus is "we must support hunters even when they behave like asshats", then we are going to lose...because that's not a winning game plan. In fact, it's doing us great harm.

@sestoppelman
He didn't have to but seeing it was apparently part of the custom he chose to. It was only a small piece thinly sliced about 6x6mm.
Bob

@CoElkHunter
My son had to eat a piece of raw liver and have stripes put on his forehead and cheeks with the animals blood as a show of respect for his first Namibian animal. A Springbok.
If you had used a 243 you wouldn't have got your pronghorn and I would have had to shoot you.
Bob
Just don’t shoot me in the ass! It would be a long, uncomfortable plane ride home sitting on a bandaged bullet wound! Ha! Ha!

Good on her for shooting it.
She needs to bring that bolt back a little harder. Tough when you have a smaller stature.
That third shot she took rang my bell just watching it.

Kept the gun in control and aimed it without killing anyone.
I'd love to have seen the target and what she hit with it.

I'm not ready to have her as my (back up) PH with that current level of performance. :)
There was a very proficient shooter at our range that showed up one day with a .458 Win Mag rifle. My guess he was about 6' 4" tall and weighed maybe 220 lbs. He shot that rifle a few times and each time the barrel would up almost straight in the air. My point is that these cartridges appear to have the same energy (with similar recoil I assume) and this was a good sized man who didn't handle his rifle as well as she handled hers.

REF: 458 Win Mag vs 458 Lott

There was a very proficient shooter at our range that showed up one day with a .458 Win Mag rifle. My guess he was about 6' 4" tall and weighed maybe 220 lbs. He shot that rifle a few times and each time the barrel would up almost straight in the air. My point is that these cartridges appear to have the same energy (with similar recoil I assume) and this was a good sized man who didn't handle his rifle as well as she handled hers.

REF: 458 Win Mag vs 458 Lott
@BigSteve57
I have seen a video of Connie Brookes of Barnes bullets shooting a 460 Weatherby of the bench without a problem and she is a lightly built lady so size has nothing to do with how you hand l e recoil. I'm 6 and a half foot and 250 pounds, my upper limit is my stoutly loaded Whelen but that is due to a shoulder injury.
Bob

Its common in my neck of the woods to drink a little blood from a first deer and some people like to take a bite from the heart while it is still warm. I've always heard of blooding the face but never actually seen it personally

I don't care what she did. Yes, the photo with the heart was bound to stimulate anger. But, if it was legal, not one of should condemn her. In doing so, we are fueling the antis. We must stick together as we all are fighting a losing battle. The more we support each other (even if we don't like that another did) our downfall will be longer in coming.

@BigSteve57
I have seen a video of Connie Brookes of Barnes bullets shooting a 460 Weatherby of the bench without a problem and she is a lightly built lady so size has nothing to do with how you hand l e recoil. I'm 6 and a half foot and 250 pounds, my upper limit is my stoutly loaded Whelen but that is due to a shoulder injury.
Bob
I'm sure you're right about this. Maybe there's a technique I never learned to master. At the range I can do about 10 rounds with my .375 H&H and I'm DONE. Now what's always been strange is that out hunting where I'd take 1 shot (hopefully!) I don't seem to feel the recoil or even hear the shot. My wife has the same experience with the 30-06.

I'm sure you're right about this. Maybe there's a technique I never learned to master. At the range I can do about 10 rounds with my .375 H&H and I'm DONE. Now what's always been strange is that out hunting where I'd take 1 shot (hopefully!) I don't seem to feel the recoil or even hear the shot. My wife has the same experience with the 30-06.
@BigSteve57
Shooting of the bench at the local range is entirely different because you are seated and in a different position. This seems to affect the felt recoil
I am the xxx same as you in the field I don't feel the recoil or hear the shot because I am to busy making that first shot count.
Bob

@BigSteve57
Shooting of the bench at the local range is entirely different because you are seated and in a different position. This seems to affect the felt recoil
I am the xxx same as you in the field I don't feel the recoil or hear the shot because I am to busy making that first shot count.
Bob
Yes this has been true for me too - seated at a bench and sometimes prone are the worst. Standing, kneeling (which I rarely do) and seated are the easiest for me recoil-wise. It has to do with the position of the shoulder rotating forward and the butt of the rifle not welded to the shoulder from the front. I think. :unsure:

I don't care what she did. Yes, the photo with the heart was bound to stimulate anger. But, if it was legal, not one of should condemn her. In doing so, we are fueling the antis. We must stick together as we all are fighting a losing battle. The more we support each other (even if we don't like that another did) our downfall will be longer in coming.
I don't think the guy that shot Cecil the Lion posted any pictures or went online trying to start a fight and he STILL got boatloads of trouble. The point is I think she would have likely gotten almost as much hatred if she posted ANY picture. Plus I think women have it worse. I am married to a hunter and she's been asked "How can you AS A WOMAN kill poor defenseless animals?" As for me, I've been asked "And how could you marry such a (implied horrible) woman?" It makes my blood boil.

Sure I think she maybe gets more hatred due to the heart and the whole Valentine's day reference but how much more? Hard to say, at least for me. What if instead of a heart she held a stomach or a liver. We could probably debate that endlessly.:LOL:

That's how I am when Im bird hunting. even when it gets intense and I shoot 3-4 boxes of shells i barely hear or feel a thing

I do my practice shooting with big(ger) bores off sticks. More realistic to hunting and the body moves with recoil easier. In a hunting situation I don't hear the shot or feel any recoil, even when I got my bush tattoo.

I had to search alittle to see what farm it was. I didnt find the game farm.
But i did find out that she runs a citrus farm in limpopo. And has over 500 kills, including multiple big 5 collections.
I know it doesnt help. But that is about all I could find.
Thank god she wasnt from the usa though. Lol

kudu heart shot.

DSCN8537 (3).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.