Huntress posing with bloody HEART

This was once actual in Namibia, not sure if it still is. But, there probably is a reason for it and NAPHA supported (Namibia Proffessional hunter association):

I remeber there was also an editiorial on African hunting gazzete, calling for hunters to rethink about photos. The headline of editorial was "Shooting ourselves in the foot" (if I remember correctly)- I did post this article on the forum, but it was then removed.

@Woodcarver
If yours was meant to me. (throlling)
Not throlling. (after 1745 posts, and 2134 likes) just saying what I see, as possible issue and growing problem.
Prima facie, what we can see, the huntress in question, got blasted by media. Hasnt she? Why?
Not at all. Sorry, should have quoted the post before mine that I was answering; Dirtdart asking about manspaining.

In regards to this lady posting what some see as gory, inflammatory pics; in this country at least, it is her choice. I wouldn't. But that would be my choice.
I do think she wants the infamy she is getting from the media. She feeds on it. It doesn't matter if I don't like it, she will continue and you and I will need to continue to represent hunters in a more respectful manner.
I know a fair number of hunters that are fed up with the peta types and the media. They have reached the point of f***'em. She comes across as one of those.

For me, I see our passion as being under assault. But the group I see as needing to convince that hunting is the best form of conservation, isn't the wacko bunny huggers. It's the regular suburbanite that doesn't hunt, and may or may not own a firearm. These are the ones that could be swayed at the ballot box either way. We need them to continue to support hunting. Inflammatory pics don't help. Just my 2 cents

Anyway it was valentines....so yeah a heart is appropriate....mind you would have been better if it had an arrow through it.... ;) :E Shrug::D Beers:

1614105964609.png

Oh shit another new word I dont comprehend....translate mansplaining please....
I looked up the term "mansplaining" and this is what it means according to the only dictionary I could find listing it.
When a man explains something to a woman in a patronizing tone as if the woman is too emotional and illogical to understand.
:E Shrug:

My God, I can't believe we claim to be a bunch of African hunters, and no one has asked with caliber, rifle and how far was this giraffe shot. :) :) :)

Not at all. Sorry, should have quoted the post before mine that I was answering; Dirtdart asking about manspaining.

In regards to this lady posting what some see as gory, inflammatory pics; in this country at least, it is her choice. I wouldn't. But that would be my choice.
I do think she wants the infamy she is getting from the media. She feeds on it. It doesn't matter if I don't like it, she will continue and you and I will need to continue to represent hunters in a more respectful manner.
I know a fair number of hunters that are fed up with the peta types and the media. They have reached the point of f***'em. She comes across as one of those.

For me, I see our passion as being under assault. But the group I see as needing to convince that hunting is the best form of conservation, isn't the wacko bunny huggers. It's the regular suburbanite that doesn't hunt, and may or may not own a firearm. These are the ones that could be swayed at the ballot box either way. We need them to continue to support hunting. Inflammatory pics don't help. Just my 2 cents

General joe public in uk especially in the cities and urban areas , from lots of comments I have read posted after articles or online media about african hunting isnt going to be changed ...they are all pretty rabid in what they post...so unfortunately it's not going to get better....

As others have said, I think it is pretty clear that this lady posted this for attention and perhaps to start a debate over it.

However what sticks out to me here- humans are omnivores- I think there is a pretty strong consensus amoung evolutionary biologists about this. And indeed most humans eat meat and animal products. You would think the picture of a giraffe heart should just be viewed as food. Yet in the west especially, people are disgusted by this- i think it highlights a bigger problem how disconnected people are from the natural world and where their food comes from.

Meh. I don't see it as much different than the photos of hunters sitting holding a rifle grinning in front of a game animal we've just taken. I guess anything that inflames public opinion against us ought to be avoided. But what she does on her social media is her business.

I wonder if/how she'll have it mounted.

On the plus side I learned what a "Pen Killer" is.

I am very open and very proud about being a hunter... I dont go out of my way trying to be rude, obnoxious, or offensive to anyone.. but I also have nothing to hide about my lifestyle..

In fact, I think I've done far more good for the sport/lifestyle than harm by being open about it and willing to engage in conversations with people that are either opposed to hunting, or are curious and dont fully understand it..

If the opposing party is a close minded cancel culture anti... you only give them power by giving a damn about their position or opinion or choosing to hide who/what you really are...

If they arent willing to engage in actual discussion/debate and have an open mind.. then they simply arent worth my time.. They can keep being who they are.. and I'll keep being me.. and if they dont like it.. they can endure the stress and the discomfort of it all.. I'll sip another glass of red wine at night thats been paired with a delicious venison stew.. and never give them another thought or concern..
:S Agree: Very well said...

This is totally taken out of context she knew she was going to get reaction from the greenies and she was ready for it. But now hunters are taking this overboard did you guys see what a neat throphy black bull giraffe it is? Have a look at the link posted I would love to hunt a stink bull like this one day.

So what if she shot it from a vehicle looking at how she is dressed you are telling me that all hunters on this forums as taken all their game from foot? Or never stopped and climbed off to take a quick 2 minute stalk to shoot an animal I call that BullSh#t.

Fred let us Africans take care of our own game as we have done so and very succesfully for quite sometime. One less trophy hunter who slanders other hunters can stay home and away from Africa.
Frederik,
Relax. I was just being my usual facetious self when commenting on what the huntress was wearing while hunting. I don’t care what someone else wears while hunting. I do care that I don’t get shot in the ass by another hunter when jumping off the truck to shoot an animal. But, that’s just me. Ha! Ha!
CEH

View attachment 390227
I’M OVER THE MOON’

Trophy hunter slammed for posing with bloody HEART from giraffe hubby paid £1.5k for her to shoot as ‘Valentine’s gift

A TROPHY hunter posed with a bloody giraffe heart which was cut out of the beast she shot.

Merelize Van Der Merwe, 32, infuriated campaigners by sharing the photo of her "perfect" Valentine's Day gift.

She boasted how her "wonderful" husband paid £1,500 for her to kill an old giraffe at a game park.

She captioned the picture: "Ever wondered how big a giraffe's heart is? I'm over the moon with my big Valentine's present!!!"

It sparked outrage among animal rights activists who said it was plain "cruel" and branded her a "sociopath".

But Merelize argues her kill actually helps save threatened species in South Africa.

The defiant mum told the Mirror she calls animal rights groups "the mafia" and has "no respect for them".

The couple had been planning a Valentine's trip to the resort of Sun City but they "quickly" changed their plans when the opportunity to shoot a giraffe came up.

Merelize said: "I'd waited years for my own perfect bull – the older a bull gets, the darker he gets.

"I love the skin and the fact it's such an iconic animal for Africa.

"Our plans changed quickly. My wonderful husband Gerhardt knew this was my dream.

"I was like a child for two weeks, counting the days. Afterwards I was flooded with emotions."

She plans to use her 17-year-old victim's skin as a rug.
@Fred Gunner
Good on her for full filling her dream and having a shot back at the uninformed animal libbers. I hope the skin she got makas a great rug.
Bob
20200720_080301.jpg

A mate holding a giraffes heart to show the cup of a 375 H&H projectile stuck to the left side of the heart. The projectile didn't penetrate but separated with only the cup reaching the heart. A good example of bullet failure and the importance of using the correct bullet for the game.

Spoken like a true pen killer she's your poster girl own it
@Fred Gunner
There's no need to be nasty about the style of shooting she did. She fulfilled her dream and paid the price. Ethical, right , are you correct . I don't know and can't say but she accomplished her dream. Not the smartest putting it on social media but her choice and she is taking the antis on. Her choice
Please try and be respectful to others that post here and not be demeaning to her and your fellow posters. It shows,a complete lack of respect for your fellow hunters. If you wish to hang shit on them in that way at least PM them
Bob

So I'm a "pen killer".
What exactly is a pen killer?
@BeeMaa
Mate last pen I shot was having a competition with my son. We lined up 2 at 50 yards and had to see who a shot theirs first. It surprising how skinny they are at that range.
Did you shoot yours with that little 338 or what, we were just using a 22.
Bob

There was a young gal that was on a hunt that I was on. When she shot a zebra she had a suitcase with sexy clothes in it. She changed and Wallowed around on the dead zebra. She showed the pictures and her sister in law thought it was really stupid. She went back to her room and pouted.

Well there is all type of color varieties...even subspecies...if you saw the bic I got the other day it was nice. I got a papermate 2 years ago that might make book.
@Living The Dream
Mate I shot one of those 4 in one colour pens but it was disqualified for being a hybrid .
Bob

@Fred Gunner
Good on her for full filling her dream and having a shot back at the uninformed animal libbers. I hope the skin she got makas a great rug.
Bob
View attachment 390436
A mate holding a giraffes heart to show the cup of a 375 H&H projectile stuck to the left side of the heart. The projectile didn't penetrate but separated with only the cup reaching the heart. A good example of bullet failure and the importance of using the correct bullet for the game.
I can’t see how any hunter can object to a photo like this. It’s no gorier than the meat counter at any supermarket and there’s not disrespect for the animal.

Giraffes have huge hearts and showing one as a curiosity makes for an interesting photo. Antis won’t be anymore put off by it.

The think folks have to understand is that antis don’t care how “respectful” a photo is. One can dab up the blood and put a sprig of greenery in the mouth and it won’t make any difference. They want hunting banned, period, whether they see it on Facebook or not.

Shame! Thats a rare one!! Got any trophy pics? Full story?
@Living The Dream
No mate after it got disallowed I said stuff it and gave it to the locals. They had a hard time skinning it and complained it was all guts and no meat .
Bob

Honestly, I think it's great this woman is into hunting enough to do that but in this day and age it's true that you're begging for heat if you post it. Sadly, many have posted their hunting pics on social media as private, friends only can see them, only to have one of those "friends" share it publicly. This chick obviously has enough backbone to not care and probably was looking to spin the anti's up. What I hate to see nowadays is this full on attack on "trophy hunters". When trophy hunting is actually getting pretty high up the ethical hunter ladder. Most youngsters start out just wanting to shoot, then they move to kill all they can, then being more selective and lastly seeking the experience of being out. Trophy hunting, especially as it's done on managed ground whether that's a free range ranch out west or a concession in Africa, is the pinnacle of ethical hunting by removing trophies beyond their prime and no longer prime contributors to the herd genetics. I constantly see hunters apologizing and denying their being trophy hunters. You are only confirming to the uneducated that the anti's are right, "look even hunters turn their noses up at trophy hunting!" A recent poll stated a majority surveyed were against trophy hunting but not hunting for food, as though the majority of hunters were hunting to feed the family or starve. The uneducated out there actually think stuff like that. Seriously, do we want to go down that road? How many people are hunting for survival? We utilize what we take if we are ethical but there's a big difference between eating game meat because you choose to as opposed to have to. The next baby step with that approach is showing how little subsistence hunting is done and therefore the rest can just be eliminated. If hunters don't stick up for each other then we are going to loose.
I recently heard one friend bash another for a preserve whitetail hunt on a 2000 acre area. I pointed out that I have a resident herd on my place whose whole home range is basically 100 acres and you would have to pressure them hard or chase them with dogs to get them to leave that 100 acre area and so that preserve was 20 times that size...? He said, yeah but there's a fence. I asked him how much ground did he cover in a day? How much ground could he see from his stand? Would he hunt over bait for an animal where it was legal and the usual practice by locals? He just kept repeating, "there's a high fence."
I hunt. I do so ethically and legally!. I take trophies. I have many of those on my walls as momentos. I am very interested in conservation because I love to see game thrive so I CAN HUNT! I am also quite happy to take the time to explain hunting, conservation and the taking of trophies to any with a questioning mind and open ears but if they are the close minded extremist fools I don't waste my time with them nor do I apologize. This chick may turn off some but she may also cause some to sit up and take notice because she doesn't fit the stereotypical redneck hunter the world has painted us as.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois