Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC
Hunted
USA, Namibia
Last edited by a moderator:
Watched it today and it is relatively well done, some parts could be better but all in all not too bad.

I think she did well. She held her ground and gave them nothing to hit her with. They tried to trip her up and failed.

I watched the shorter 24-minute version and it was actually not that bad. Remember, this video is not from a hunting organization trying to make hunting look good. I did not like how they kept going back to the person from HSI like she is some expert on conservation in africa.

They claimed photo tourism brought in more money than trophy hunting. Don't really know if that is true. Why to they attack African hunting so much and you never hear much about whitetail deer hunting. Oh the deer eat their scrubs. Hunting your own meat is a hell more humane than the feedlots and pork and chicken factories.

What is the ratio of "eco-tourism / photo safaris" monies brought into Africa vs the "hunting" monies spent there. Is the ratio important? What is the respective benefit to wildlife. What percentage of wildlife exist in "parks" vs the rest of the country. I'm sure the ratios vary country by country. Do we as hunters need to address more boldly that our dollars help the overall animal population i.e. conservation and local communities more than the eco-tourism dollars do?

Revenue from eco terrorism, I mean tourism pales in comparison to the amount of money generated by sport hunters. I believe it was Zim or Botswana that stated in their study on conservation that photo safaris and eco tourism is not a viable means to support game conservation.

That gal from HSI said (paraphrased) that Eco-tourism dollars dwarfed hunting dollars, by like 9/1. The question I'm asking is, "is that true."

CBS Evening News ran a sound bite clip of this last night, Sat., 8 June. With their editing effort it came across as very critical of hunting. They made sure to include the HSI sound bite asserting the vastly larger financial contribution to conservation from “eco-tourism”. I think the comparison between the two is pretty complex given the overlap from hunting impact into conservation. Which I suspect the eco-tourism advocates don’t want to consider.

That gal from HSI said (paraphrased) that Eco-tourism dollars dwarfed hunting dollars, by like 9/1. The question I'm asking is, "is that true."

Do raw dollars spent from someone taking a picture outweigh those of someone pulling a trigger? Yes.

That isn't the pertinent question though. The pertinent question is what helps wildlife the most? And the answer is it depends on the area and BOTH photo and hunting tourism is needed to help widllife.

Kenya is 100% photo tourism dollars. How has that worked out for the animals?

Sidenote: the antis also love to throw out the disproven number of only 3% of hunting dollars go back to the local community but I've never once heard what percent photo tourism in the parks gives back. Hmmm.....

Hay Brickburn, you are good with research and stats., how about some input here?

I always wondered what the HSI is going to do with all the starving fearl horses. Elephants will have the same problem. They never answer them question. They are just a self serving organization whose top dogs are making big bucks.

thats bullshit.

Myślę, że zrobiła dobrze. Trzymała się ziemi i nie dawała im nic, co mogłoby ją uderzyć. Próbowali ją potknąć i zawiedli.
I think she did well. She held her ground and gave them nothing to hit her with. They tried to trip her up and failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little biased, but could have been worse. Still, and I have said it before, you cannot believe ANYTHING on CBS or CNN or especially, ABC. They edit out anything, and I mean anything, that does not support their preconceived agenda. And all stories or news that does not fit......well, it is not reported on at all. This was better than most of their sx#t.....FWB

I don’t know much about this but it seems Giraffe are not endangered. Perhaps the opposite, plentiful!
The hide and the meat are harvested and utilised. It’s an industry just like eco tourism . Nature handed it to Africa on a platter.
Other countries generate money and trade opportunity with what nature gave them or with technology they developed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg