SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting With KS Big Game Hunting & Big Game Hunting Adventures

MSelkhunter

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Thank you all for welcoming to this great site. I recently got home from my first trip to Africa where I scored a stunning Kudu (54") and a fantastic Impala (22") along with a unique duiker and a few other amazing critters. I am a combat wounded marine and this trip wouldn't have been possible without the help of Mark Daniel Brasal of the Send-a-Vet foundation whose mission is to send wounded veterans on the outdoor adventures of their lives. A massive thank you to John McAdams of Big Game Hunting Adventures for arranging everything for me and his immediate responses to any inquiries or needs that I had. My hard working PH's Johan Seyffert and Kobus Kok of KS Big Game Hunting for their incomparable skill in scouting analyzing a trophy animal and dedication towards giving a hunter the ultimate African experience, at no moment did I ever feel that this experience was fabricated. The genuine hospitality and dedication to the purest form of a perfect hunt shown to me by Johan and Kobus was the exact kind of experience a first or fifteenth time "Africa Hunter" would enjoy. every amenity one could ask for but with the remoteness and feel of a "Back Country" hunt in the states as soon as we stepped away from camp. I was lucky enough to have Izaak Steyn on the hunt with me to capture quite a lot of breathtaking footage, ill try to post the video below. please get a hold of John at Big game hunting adventures to fulfill the ultimate experience in hunting Africa. I cannot wait to get back and spend some time with my new friends and looking for the next great trophy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your hunt, and thank you for your service!!

Mike: It was an honor and a privilege to host you on that safari. We had a lot of fun with you on your hunt and we're thrilled that you had such a great experience.
We could not have put this hunt together without the help of Mark Daniel Brasel from the Send-A-Vet Foundation. They do great work for veterans and you can learn more about them at: http://www.send-a-vet.org
You can check out the video we made of the hunt below.

Awesome video

As previously stated I am a Marine and its a miracle I don't forget to breath sometimes so you'll have to forgive me for a couple of grammatical errors (a little fuel for the other vets/service members on here). First Johann's last name is Seyffert not "seifert" and second, John's responses were immediate not "intimidate" haha. I'm glad you enjoyed the video Izaak worked very hard on it and was with us every step of the way and as a part of your hunt package you can hire him for a nominal daily fee just ask John about it when you book.

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Congratulations and thank you for your service!

Congrats on your hunt. That is a fine kudu

Well done sir.

Great hunt and video. Thank you for your service.

Glad you were able to get to hunt in Africa.
Congratulations.

WOW, first let me say thank you for you'r service. Second this is definitely an organization I will get behind and support.
Looks like you had a great hunt and one that is well deserved. I am going for the first time in april/may. Hope we have as good a time as you did. I am on the board of a 501 veteran organization honor flight kentucky, we fly vets to DC to visit the memorials. Glad to see there is someone providing this for our vets!

Congrats sir, welcome to AH! Thanks for your service to this country!

Mike's kudu had a 3rd horn growing out of his forehead and the duiker had a deformed horn. So, he ended up taking 2 very unique animals on his hunt. I don't think we could do that again if we tried! :)
kudu-september2017.jpg

impala-september-2017.jpeg

duiker-september-2017.jpg

kudu-3rd-horn.jpg

Attachments

• kudu-september2017.jpg
    kudu-september2017.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 354
  • impala-september-2017.jpeg
    impala-september-2017.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 445
  • duiker-september-2017.jpg
    duiker-september-2017.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 302
  • kudu-3rd-horn.jpg
    kudu-3rd-horn.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 314
Congrats on your hunt and your trophies.

I love supporting organizations like Send-a-Vet. They do an awesome job creating lasting positive memories for our veterans. And donations are tax deductible!

Congratulations on a great hunt! That's a beautiful kudu!

Congrats on some very unique trophies first time I ever saw a Kudu like that.

Congrats and thank you for your service!

Well done.

Congrats, very nice animals. They will look lovely on the wall!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you