Hunting with ankle problems - Help picking outfitter

I just got back on here after a week or so off. I see that many people sent me emails. I will be getting to them in a bit. It really makes me feel invited to see this response from the many people on here.
I am fat but in working shape (minus the ankle). Thursday I woke up and decided to chip off a project from my honey do list. I got the great idea to build a patio Thursday (arguably one of the hottest days in Michigan)
Since Thursday I have moved
4500 lbs of pavers
15 wheel barrows of dirt.
And about 1500 lbs of stone.
I think I started another Great Lake in my back yard, I'll call it Lake Sweat.

I am in the planning stages of a plains game safari in either Namibia or SA. I have one small problem. In college I blew out my ankle playing football, broke my talus.
I have no issues with walks up to a few miles (1-3) but then I'm down for the next day (it gets swollen pretty good and hurts)
I was wondering if anyone had experience with outfitters that can do a combo trip (both spot and stalk, and a blind on bad days) or can offer any advice.
I have mobility, just not for repeated long trips.
I have serious ankle problems myself.

Less than 2 years following a complete reconstruction of my right ankle I headed to the RSA for 25 days and my trip included a lot of upland bird hunting as well as the big game hunting so I can commiserate.

I can recommend several to you and would suggest no matter who you decide on going with before you sign on the dotted line make it very clear what your limitations are so they can work around it in their planning for your hunt.

I had a bad experience with one PH who refused to listen to me and made the hunt a miserable experience for a couple of days so it can happen.

All that we can recommend, is:
Proper prior planning...
Prevents pity poor performance...
Enjoy the planning process.

I just got back on here after a week or so off. I see that many people sent me emails. I will be getting to them in a bit. It really makes me feel invited to see this response from the many people on here.
I am fat but in working shape (minus the ankle). Thursday I woke up and decided to chip off a project from my honey do list. I got the great idea to build a patio Thursday (arguably one of the hottest days in Michigan)
Since Thursday I have moved
4500 lbs of pavers
15 wheel barrows of dirt.
And about 1500 lbs of stone.
I think I started another Great Lake in my back yard, I'll call it Lake Sweat.
I recommend good scotch and plenty of Aleve.

After reading about your deck building activities your African hunt will be a cake walk. I am a Michigander myself, where do you live?

After reading about your deck building activities your African hunt will be a cake walk. I am a Michigander myself, where do you live?
Clinton township. I think I'm gonna have to put my safari plans aside for a bit. Found out that we are expecting twin boys. I figure at 8 years old we can take them on safari with us. I'm happy, amd excited

"First things first" has always been a good plan of operation. Keep the dream!!

I am in the planning stages of a plains game safari in either Namibia or SA. I have one small problem. In college I blew out my ankle playing football, broke my talus.
I have no issues with walks up to a few miles (1-3) but then I'm down for the next day (it gets swollen pretty good and hurts)
I was wondering if anyone had experience with outfitters that can do a combo trip (both spot and stalk, and a blind on bad days) or can offer any advice.
I have mobility, just not for repeated long trips.
Don't worry too much but communicate it with your PH way ahead of time along with the animals you are most interested in. With planning there should be no problems. And also book enough days you don't have to hump it everyday trying to get all the animals you want.
Is there any kind of therapy you can do that helps? Acupuncture?
I wish you the best in organizing a great safari!
Philip

I have ankle issues too, try to power through it, but it really got me the last day of my mountain lion hunt last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkdagasv388

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg