AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Information sent to me by Steve Kobrine from Steve Kobrine Safaris (www.stevekobrine.com) which he wanted me too share on AH!

Hunting Water Chevrotain with a bow...

watermark.php

The first Water Chevrotain taken with a bow and the first legally hunted animal in Liberia in years. Chevrotain are 20 million years seperately evolved and are the most primitive of all ruminants. When I last checked there are only two listed in the gun category of the SCI Record Book. They are actually quite common in my hunting area in Liberia and I expect most clients to have success on the amazing little animals...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.Thanks for posting.

Ruminant?
I see hooves and the tail looks like a Reedbuck, but that head looks like a big rat.

The Tiny Eleven!
That should get some collectors motivated.

An amazing trophy! Anyone that has a small animal collection has my attention, it takes alot of time and effort.

Here is the picture of a Water Chevrotain posted by PH Christophe Morio in AH Photo Gallery...

watermark.php

Many years ago in CAR, we were lucky to get that funny and unusual animal... This is a Water Chevrotain, they live in the rain forest close to the water where they hide in case of danger.

Oh no, no. no

This little guy just has that "I just embarrassed the h**l out of you!" look about him

I mean it would be one thing to be gored by a buffalo, mashed by an elephant or mauled by a leopard, really, if you lived the scars might be quite the conversation starter, but this little guy....

This is the kind of evil critter that flys you 1/2 way around the world, sends you off into a hot steamy jungle, has you humpin' through the swamp for a couple of weeks to emerge as just one empty-handed sweat covered mosquito bite.

Meanwhile,Mr. Chevrotain is stretched out my the river, margarita in hand, laughing his cute little a** off

All kidding aside, looks like a very unusual and worthy trophy

Any chance I can get Steve Kobrine to contact me?

I've sent two emails through his Web page regarding Ghana, but have yet to hear a response.

Thanks!

Last edited:
And I learn something new again....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!