AH veteran
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
yellow-shark.com
Deals & offers
shipping-hunting-trophies-namibia.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I used these folks on my last leopard safari while in Namibia. Found them to be very good. They communicated well with me via email. I recommend them.

I love Namibia but I’ve had THE worst experiences with shipping of trophies there. All of you guys just make excuses. I’ve got trophies there and in RSA ready now and no one can seem to box and ship! Here in the USA if something is ready to ship, ie everything ready and paperwork in order, someone boxes it and ships it in a day or two max. You guys, even when EVERYTHING IS READY, sit for months and months doing nothing.
If you are going to advertise on AH you need to tell us how you operate differently than EVERYONE ELSE IN SOUTHERN AFRICA! Because you are part of a incompetent industry.
Regards,
Philip

I love Namibia but I’ve had THE worst experiences with shipping of trophies there. All of you guys just make excuses. I’ve got trophies there and in RSA ready now and no one can seem to box and ship! Here in the USA if something is ready to ship, ie everything ready and paperwork in order, someone boxes it and ships it in a day or two max. You guys, even when EVERYTHING IS READY, sit for months and months doing nothing.
If you are going to advertise on AH you need to tell us how you operate differently than EVERYONE ELSE IN SOUTHERN AFRICA! Because you are part of a incompetent industry.
Regards,
Philip
Phillip I wonder if he virus has thrown an already shakey industry as far as the competency were used to?

The reason I am so hard about all of this is due to my experiences. I’ve had a dip and pack shipment arrive in Texas in 30 days because I complained about the incompetence of the industry. So I know what is possible and I know when you guys are blowing smoke.
Philip

The reason I am so hard about all of this is due to my experiences. I’ve had a dip and pack shipment arrive in Texas in 30 days because I complained about the incompetence of the industry. So I know what is possible and I know when you guys are blowing smoke.
Philip
I don’t pretend to know more than you bud and you certainly have more experience than I do I’m just saying when I used them everything went well.

Phillip I wonder if he virus has thrown an already shakey industry as far as the competency were used to?
It sure has. I have my rhino and more in RSA ready to ship and since around the first of the year and they’ve said the rhino horn numbers were wrong and had to be corrected by someone. They were not wrong, we had the main man in charge of the dept on site after the hunt to do all paperwork. Then another excuse, then another. All things that can be handled in a few weeks time max.
These guys batch all the safaris to do export paperwork then they batch the crating then they batch the shipping. So they sit on your property until they are good and ready to do 20 or so orders at once. NO PERSONAL SERVICE!
This is one reason I’m going back to hunt with Frontier Safaris in the EC. They guarantee 6 month turn around on finished taxidermy shipped to you! Imagine for a moment not waiting as long as 3 years from the time you pull the trigger to the time the trophy is on your wall. Instead in 6 months all of your memories are in your trophy room.
Regards,
Philip

I don’t pretend to know more than you bud and you certainly have more experience than I do I’m just saying when I used them everything went well.
And that is fantastic. Things can go well in some cases like my record 30 day turn around from Namibia to Texas.
I’m not trying to call out any one company, I’m just saying the system is broken and needs to be fixed.
Philip

An example is my Namibia shipment right now. I paid the final payment for all the taxidermy and was told it would be 90-120 days to crate it up! Then look for shipping options! 90-120 days? What the hell do they have one old man trying to crate things up working half days?
So sorry guys but I’ve had it with these African taxidermists and shipping agents.

Four years ago I got a $1800 shipping bill for two gemsbok skulls,a eland cape and skull and 3 springbok capes and skulls. That was over double from a couple years previous. I told them to forget it as it wasn't worth it to me, they responded and said that they could reduce the price to $1100 if that would be acceptable. They are aware that trophies are important to hunters so they threw a crazy high price to see if I would go for it. I bet that many first time hunters are so anxious to get their stuff they are quick to pay and never realize that tey are being gouged. This was from Windhoek to Portland Or. So beware not all shippers are honest.

Like Philip, I had terrible experience getting my dip and packed trophies back in the USA from Namibia. The hunt took place July 1-10 2018. It wasn’t until late April 2019 they hit the US.
Part of the explanation when I would inquire about the status was that ”the system shuts down for about six to eight weeks in December/January.“ Sounded like BS.

Africa continues to be problematic with shipping , / dip pac , and of course Taxidermy. My Africa hunting days are winding down rapidly but I will always love hunting there. It’s unlike anything else.

It sure has. I have my rhino and more in RSA ready to ship and since around the first of the year and they’ve said the rhino horn numbers were wrong and had to be corrected by someone. They were not wrong, we had the main man in charge of the dept on site after the hunt to do all paperwork. Then another excuse, then another. All things that can be handled in a few weeks time max.
These guys batch all the safaris to do export paperwork then they batch the crating then they batch the shipping. So they sit on your property until they are good and ready to do 20 or so orders at once. NO PERSONAL SERVICE!
This is one reason I’m going back to hunt with Frontier Safaris in the EC. They guarantee 6 month turn around on finished taxidermy shipped to you! Imagine for a moment not waiting as long as 3 years from the time you pull the trigger to the time the trophy is on your wall. Instead in 6 months all of your memories are in your trophy room.
Regards,
Philip
I agree. I’ve never waited more than 3-4 months for my crates to arrive and that included my last hunt with a leopard trophy. Then my taxidermist turns my trophies around in 90 days guaranteed. Example shot my leopard in June of last year had him and 6 other trophies in my house in March, would have been sooner except they asked my permission to take my cat to the Great American sportsman show.

Regards,
Philip
Philip,
I'm more afraid you're a victim of Murphy's Law,could it be ?
Every year thousands of German speaking hunters are in Namibia and trophy return transport is not a significant problem in Namibia by the shipping agents.
But a few black sheeps are everywhere
(I prefer tadxidermy at home,possible complaints due to)
At least we had HS Spezialised Transport/Windhoek -best.
Kudu.JPG

My kudu, shot in October 19 ,coming in summer 20
Trophäen Namibia.JPG

After payment,one week later the trophies arrived Frankfurt airport.

Nearby,one buffalo skull trophy is still in Zimbabwe (my wife is not unglad about it :)
"Matabele Taxidermy" does not get his butt out of the curd.
I have already considered buying a similar one on ebay, at a third of the cost.
None of my friends would say this is not the one I shot :cool:

Last edited:
Philip,
I'm more afraid you're a victim of Murphy's Law,could it be ?
Every year thousands of German speaking hunters are in Namibia and trophy return transport is not a significant problem in Namibia by the shipping agents.
But a few black sheeps are everywhere
(I prefer tadxidermy at home,possible complaints due to)
At least we had HS Spezialised Transport/Windhoek -best.
View attachment 375850
My kudu, shot in October 19 ,coming in summer 20
View attachment 375851
After payment,one week later the trophies arrived Frankfurt airport.

Nearby,one buffalo skull trophy is still in Zimbabwe (my wife is not unglad about it :)
"Matabele Taxidermy" does not get his butt out of the curd.
I have already considered buying a similar one on ebay, at a third of the cost.
None of my friends would say this is not the one I shot :cool:
Yes I have the record for dip and pack shipments with my 2016 shipment that was 30 days arriving in TX after I left Namibia. So I know it can be done. But the reality is they are slow. Africa slow. Sorry to be derogatory but if you all knew what I am dealing with in Namibia and RSA right now you would understand. 2 months just to box in Namibia after I’ve paid in full and have importer on ready and 9 months in RSA waiting on someone to sign a permit correction! Are they all taking December off this year? I mean they had the lockdown time off?
Philip

Yes I have the record for dip and pack shipments with my 2016 shipment that was 30 days arriving in TX after I left Namibia. So I know it can be done. But the reality is they are slow. Africa slow. Sorry to be derogatory but if you all knew what I am dealing with in Namibia and RSA right now you would understand. 2 months just to box in Namibia after I’ve paid in full and have importer on ready and 9 months in RSA waiting on someone to sign a permit correction! Are they all taking December off this year? I mean they had the lockdown time off?
Philip
Oh je.

As I said, I have been waiting for a buffalo skull for almost 2 years.
When it finally came to packing I wanted to have a WhatsApp photo of the trophy to be on the safe side, which I am still waiting for today.
I don't like it anymore and I really buy another trophy on ebay.

We have the watch-Africa the time.
But so much time.......

Titus.............thank you for posting on Africa Hunting.........I would like to hear more about Yellow-Shark if you are so inclined................regards........FWB

I used yellow shark for my trophies for my Namibia hunt.

Everything went smooth as I could have hoped . I think my PH would have been a great advocate for me if they had not. He doesn't seem to mess around when it comes to his clients satisfaction.

With the pandemic I am sure everything has slowed down a lot, and wouldn't surprise me if prices go up for some time to come.

I think people in North America do not understand that time isn't of the essence in many parts of the world.

I was pleased to get everything in good shape when it did arrive, and I would not hesitate to use them for my next trip to Namibia.

Craig

Regards,
Philip
1000%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg