AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
Hunting Trip
by Bernard Andries

This is a story by my client Bernard Andries who hunted with me in C.A.R.

This story has been translated from French to English by Google translate. The original French version can be found below.

central_african_republic_hunt.gif

Central African Republic (C.A.R.)

1529d1262753976-hunting-trip-hunting-car-map.gif

First Day
From 6 to 22 February 2008 We returned yesterday before I left C.A.R., where February 6 for 2 weeks.

With my wife, CDG TGV LILLE in the afternoon of 06 with bag and baggage to arrive at Roissy 3 hours before scheduled departure in 23 hours.

The registration of weapons is done without problems for wildlife club had said taking the ticket all identifications of arms cal and marks and No and the number and size of bullets (which I urge you, because as we were dealing a neophyte in this area, as everything was clear in his computer, there was no problem.

Boarding time and departure with an hour late (too many people had multiple bags hand ...

Good finish to Bangui where Felicity KO (mandated by the various organizations) responsible for receiving the hunters showed professionalism and this has enabled us to quickly retrieve weapons and ammunition.

An aircraft (20 seats) waiting for us to go into the bush: a Dornier with pilot and co pilot.

watermark.php

Departure to 9 hours for 3 different areas of hunting: a hunter who wanted to hunt leopard TIRAN at Marcel, then we leave to file another at F馗omme who also wanted to hunt the leopard finally Sangb direction where we were 4: 2 hunters for camp held by C. LEMEE waiting with guides JP Leroux and P. Clerota, one to hunt the lion and eland and the other only because the buffalo was his first contact with Africa and the great hunt and end my wife and me in the camp run by Matthew LABOUREUR for hunting leopard, eland, buffalo, bongo antelope, and if the quota allowed.

At each landing on bush tracks, guides were present and still very warm welcome. A cool drink was welcome. Each camp also took its refueling plane for our stay. A perfect organization! They were still waiting for the plane takes off before leaving.

Our guide Christophe Morio and his team of 3: driver, tracker and carrying handles make and load our luggage and we noted the need to hurry because the bait he has to watch the leopard had been visited and that the trace (> 6mm) promised a handsome male and that if we wanted lunch, we change, target, pull a bait, to install and we install in the boma (he had built the previous day) for 17 hours he had to go. So en route to runway 30 minutes to reach the camp BANGORAN.

watermark.php

Arrival at camp shower, hunting clothes, lunch followed by a short siesta we started since yesterday afternoon and departure for 14 hours for the camp FHO is a satellite camp of BANGORAN better situated for most central to leopard and eland.

watermark.php

We target in a box hanging on a tree 50 meters (1 centimeters above: perfect).

En route we passed a red duiker flank with a beautiful trophy Christopher said "it should be removed for leopard bait because if we do not find bakouya (baboon) we will always have something I jumped out of the land, it is behind a tree 80 meters, well I'm trying to stall and wait for it beforehand.

watermark.php

I pull the center to avoid damaging the wrapper, with 375 HH NP Federal.

Arrive FHO where the taxidermist and the cape cut way to the boma on the path I remove a bakouya male (we can keep the red side to eat), the baboon is best for bait.

16 hours, we arrived on the spot: the last bait is completely eaten very promising. The team installs the baboon on the branch with the son of the iron front and rear legs, it drags the hose a few dozens to the bottom of bako up the tree, the tree is rubbed with guts; During this time my wife (because it is this year draws Leopard, I had the chance to make last year) moved into the boma and hold the 375 on the tripod, the muzzle flush hole of 10 centimeters is in the straw, another hole is made for me and one for Christopher.

I checked the lunette (a S and B 2, 5 x 10 with illuminated reticle) and put it on X4: The boma is 35m: and see that the center of the cross lights up well.

Everything is ready, it is 17 hours; Christophe team returns with the vehicle than 1 mile away with orders to come to us 20 hours in the absence of fire, we say hello and leave: it seems that it misleads leopard who hesitates to climb?

Vers 17 heures 30 odd roar left followed by a cry of the leopard feature: all of our senses are on alert for 20 minutes the noises of the bush (cries of birds, guinea fowls, monkeys, bees or wasps, big buzz, we wrap c It is magical.

I scan with my binoculars around, nothing, I began to branch: IT IS THE full through, we heard nothing: it is 17 hours 50; Christopher sees the same time I tremble with my binoculars and experiences difficulty breathing, I had not felt this when I saw him go last year and I understand the feeling that the guide can feel what I am confirmed Christophe but soon all is quiet. My wife is very calm, she framework in the glass; Christopher tries to judge the animal, male or female, who quickly puts face on his stomach on a perpendicular branch so that only the head and front legs are visible .

After a few minutes Christophe says that it is a male, given the size of the head and earlier.

My wife clearly seen but always my face: I discourage the shooting, as too random and asked to wait until he moves and after 15 minutes like always, it starts to get dark, we decided to light the torch red it will do may be moving: it is ready: switch on, it leaves him indifferent and he continues to bite your teeth bait his back on the industry to be more comfortable. We try to whistle for it rises, nothing to do after 10 minutes the torch begins to weaken. I will draw well in my head told my wife whispered, Christopher replied that if she feels well, she can go there soon because the battery is flat and we are in a fairly dark bako ... PAN! At carbine for 1 to 2 seconds and then nothing happens the animal falls away gently from its branch and fell in a heap.

watermark.php

Christopher and I each take a 12 cal charge of 21 grains with torch attached and I put my big jacket barbour and we go on; sound of dead leaves, I see him move, I shoot, click and I had not initiated cartridge in the barrel, Christopher did not see hidden by a tree, I pointed him to take 
 what he does at the same time.

It was directly above the branch, a bullet in the left eye, emerged on the right, he turned his head at the time of the shooting: the upheavals marked the end and I do not think he could have it go even without the 12 cal ... to report that he had also broken right leg to shoulder height.

It was 18 hours 30 of our first afternoon safari.

Back at camp with the vehicle design with leafy branches, firing a rifle at 400 meters from the camp and the team sings a song in Sango (glorifying the hunter for being clever and having to get rid of this predator) quickly relayed by the camp staff, women and children who come in singing to greet us a leafy branch to shake the hand they danced in good humor and joy around the vehicle. What atmosphere.

watermark.php

General meeting and tour film and photos.

Meals and to bed about 21 hours.

Second day of hunting
Sunrise 6am to start at 7am.

The next is the eland of interest.

Christopher explains that we will try to locate the area causing more than 600 000 hectares, not to walk too far on the first day and adapt to the bush and heat.

The morning, we drive 77 kilometers of track by selecting squares.

An hour after sunrise, we are attacked by tsetse flies for 1 / 4 hours and there is even 1 / 4 hours before dark (it will happen every day): the repellents n do not act on the tsetse fly, only the clothes with slightly closed, but many are biting through clothing (appearance and itching like big mosquito bites).

Back to 11 hours 3O seen only 1 female buffalo and antelope in the distance and 2 warthogs.

Shower, swim in the little river that runs through the camp where miniminipiscine infinity is installed (which is nice in this heat !!!). Meals, naps and departure for 15 hours.

In the afternoon, 33 kilometers of track, the 110 miles driven we can locate some herds so the tracks and saline where we can monitor from early morning departures and trace them back.

The team would also like to burn the straw when necessary.

Return 18 hours after dark, cocktails around the campfire followed by dinner and sleep in 20 hours.

This will be a few that rate schedule we adopt for the entire stay.

Third day of hunting

Sunrise 4 heures 30 Start 5 heures 15 we come across a herd of buffalo that we allow to lead us into our areas identified: to 6 hours.

Traces on the runway, the smile of a child tracker Norbert, I feel that the tracks are very fresh and equips There we go, after 1 hours 30.

Eye Contact: 1 male and 3 females including one sees us and they leave Uninterruptable: Christophe said "the male is not terrible, it leaves".

Back to the car, walking herd of hartebeest Lelwel with a beautiful male (trophy estimated at 60 centimeters) stopped at 60 meters, it is not part of our program, we leave.

New traces taken about 10 hours after 1 hour contact, the wind turns, elk are the wind, we leave as it is very difficult to trace the impulses that you have felt more and said Christophe, it could force therefore of them out of the area and scaring them.

Back at the camp.

The afternoon will be devoted to the search for traces of buffalo RAS.

Tomorrow we know which areas in search of fresh tracks to track the ghosts of the bush: eland.

Fourth day of hunting
Out 5 hours, a saline control: many fresh tracks, we take a walk alone, after 1 hour very fresh droppings, the track is mixed in a herd of important runs in all directions and we shall not to unravel to find our feet or the exit signs to the resume: abandonment, return the vehicle several miles during which we see momentum: approach Sioux visibility: it is a Male and a second but too young. Back at camp 12 hours.

Afternoon: grand tour to find Buffalo koba but nothing concrete, and we go way back: large herd of elk in the saline we ascend the herd 1 and 2 handsome males but not seen in good condition shooting Far too many ké§é§¸ and over 100 meters and light down a lot: Christophe said, "we'll take them back tomorrow morning, the males I have seen are beautiful."

Fifth day of hunting
5 hours Departure Ngout駻 direction where we left them last night. It shows the traces of yesterday and after 10 minutes you can hear them (it must be said that it was dark when we left them and the day is just beginning to dawn). The wind is not favorable, Christopher decides to make a big loop to precede and to be fair wind while trying to maintain eye contact but also by hearing the trackers who have a sight and hearing incredible, after 1 hour walking in step, or more than its image, the contact is lost. We try to go gently, still nothing. With trackers, Christopher decides to resume the last trace of eye contact, another 1 hour walk, we find the trail and ascend: surprise, we recroisons our own tracks, the maneuver was so good, but the elk had stopped much earlier and had resumed the march when we set the record for once we were before the flights.

After 2 hours of tracking, eye contact again at 80 - 100 meters, an opening parade where the elk and the stick is installed, removed security, no good male over 20 to 30 animals, we continue the approach following the elk new hole, and stick new parade, I am ready but nothing about thirty animals that pass, Christopher believes the herd to 60 to 80 elk.

New approach opens the field for the straw is burned off, we let the team and stick and crawl to 2: Christopher and me in the burned about 200 - 250 meters, Christophe forbids me to combine and remove the head!

We're almost in the herd before us in range of 50 meters it took us 1 hour 30 because of ramping females constantly looking in our direction. I was hidden behind a termite fungus than 40 centimeters high, while Christophe twinning with caution to find a good male that I wanted quality (1 meter right).

"Bernard lifts you gently by supporting without sudden movement, there are 2 animals left in profile, 2 right profile: a female and a young, right before a male but it is full face, I think it is good if you can draw on when it presents itself well, but extreme caution as we look and can spin. "

Cautiously, I straightened me fondant chick before me, I check what Christopher told through the telescope and identifies the animal in question that concerns us and this is my face: I put the cross between the 2 earlier, not too high because the animal is high and I want to avoid neck, I fall a little and takes heart, he accuses, and stumbles across the herd gets carried away in a race.

We rushed to the Anschluss: a few drops of blood, then nothing, traces of deep running.

Trackers rush, take the trail they found among others with a few drops of blood for 100 yards and Christophe said "you have perhaps brushed" but I felt confident as well positioned to take , not far from 60 yards away and NP in 375 HH, it should work.

About 150 meters, a blood stain slightly higher on a leaf, my eye scans later and I see a gray mass on the side: the momentum is dead, the ball came back his face, so non-citizens, that they explains the lack of blood after measuring, it is 1 meter O7 and 51 inches 1 / 4: good hunting, beautiful conclusion.

watermark.php

Sixth day of hunting
As expected, we start the morning around 6 hours for Batou located 60 kilometers on the road, little thing we stopped 3 times to try to find the blue duiker appelquand we passed a little tight bako The hunter stands in front on one knee, rifle loaded with 12 cal, 4 nickel-supported because it must be extremely rapid, the guide behind to identify the male and the tracker behind calling, producing a nasal sound a bit like a meow that imitate the sound of the injured duiker. Nothing came to the 3 times I can tell you however that it works because last year we had one done this way.

Around 10 hours 30, we arrive at camp very rustic with two bedrooms and bathroom outside like the shower, all located near a river Manovo the edge of which was the dining room very nice. Electricity from solar panel and gas refrigerator containing cold beer! Coke and mocaf, CHWEPPES ...

Meals, naps and short way to the lookout with mattresses for the night, seats and battery for the lamp, the Bongo will hunt mainly on the lookout, the bakos being too tight for tracking and hunting dog not practiced in RCA as too intrusive because it is not forest but gallery forests in savanna.

In 15 hours we have in place, the bongo can come day or night.

The watchtower is located 7 m high with a plain face forming a bay surrounded by bako, centered bay bordered by a swamp of salt to 130 meters in front and another at 60 meters on the right.

Wonderful places to watch birds: sacred ibis, comb duck, heron, grebe, white knight ass, green pigeons by ten, doves shouldered purple martin and martin hunter hunter Pygmy swarm green and scarlet touraco, for鑼setc of hornbill. .. a real treat but no antelope.

Vers 17 heures 30 a sitatunga female shows up and the day begins to decline, a blue duikers to the edge of the salt, but we expect the bongo ... vers 19 heures 30 Surprise: 8 elephants arrived on the salt bottom and remain a half hour (the same evening at 30 kilometers away, another hunter, one American had 40 elephants at the foot of his viewpoint that rubbed on pillars supporting it, fear it! to report that he had spent the previous week three days and three nights without seeing anything Batou.

I right binoculars and see a clear format without identification, we light: a leopard whose form is fine enough we think of a female, she limps forward right, probably a snare, frequently used by the poacher customary.

I told myself after a leopard, it is quiet nothing will sell anytime soon and I lie on the mattress where my wife is already, I dozed for 3 minutes when I hear a sort of barking at 2 times: Christophe me tape shoulder "we just heard a bongo barking, do not move, I check" 2 to 3 minutes later, "it is there," I twin: wonderful vision that striped antelope. Christophe I can not certify that it is a male, then we decide to light the torch with red and immediately, he confirms that he is a male: the reticle 375 with light roared: I seem to see return the ball to the target location behind the front leg, we hear the sound of broken branches: quickly down the ladder toward the salty and we fall on the bongo 20 meters before the point of shooting.

Indeed what a magnificent animal, color, stripes: we have 13. Christopher said "this, you must naturalizing whole, otherwise!

watermark.php

Up for the photo session, we try to position it well when all of a sudden I feel a tingling in the legs and a few bites, fire ants exclaims the tracker, we get away with bongo and I look at the Torch: a trail of ants in the pants in 3 seconds I'm in my underwear and trying to kill the insect while the tracker lighting a fire to keep them away, all is quiet quickly, OUF. A strong odor is felt: we thought it was a smell of bongo but Christopher tells us he is formic acid released by stressing that the ants!

watermark.php

As for the eland and leopard, Bongo and only three animals you give this back to camp with the jeep decorated with foliage, a rifle shot approach to the camp and home with songs by all the camp staff He must live at least once to feel pride and happiness that it gives you.

That evening we went to bed about 23 hours.

Seventh day of hunting
Sunrise 5 am 30, starting at dawn to 6 hours. A few unsuccessful calls to the blue duiker during a walk in a deep baco 3O for 2 hours when we identify a multitude of traces of pota and giant forest hog, but no pets ... Lunch and nap.

The afternoon will be devoted to the blue duiker, yellow back. Going control a new salt that Christopher was discovered in the scanning area on the internet with google earth when he returned to France after last season, by taking the gps point on the map, which allowed him on the ground find: magnificent spectacle of 10 giant forest hog with a beautiful male tirable easily but not in our program that allows us some pictures of these swine unobtrusive and rare contrast to what we think, Christopher said he is animals there that day and the best time for the meeting is to 15 hours on the salt or in bakos (he has never seen at night).

In return, the tracker who walked in front stops suddenly: he almost stepped on a snake that was cut in half with his machete: to report that we saw the second day, beside a pond a python 3 m 50 was busy swallowing a heron and we shall see a puff adder or similar on the airport road to Sangba the last day she crossed the jeep and went rolling over.

Eighth day of hunting
Despite the absence of yellow-backed duiker, we will return to the main camp of Bangoran free to leave the camp at Batu American hunter who was there for a period of 4 weeks with the program: eland, bongo - sitatunga _ bush pig, he spent 2 ï½½ weeks and had reaped the eland to date.

60 kilometers of rough track over which in turn, I see a tail, "fly in the green" Bamara "said the tracker: the lion! actually a big lion track follows the track to indicate that there is 1 lion quota in the area mainly driven bait or appeal.

A little later a group of fifteen bushpigs 50 meters from the vehicle quickly, chase to bako, difficult to choose a good male in the straw out of sight, we continue the trail and suddenly a red spot: a young pota caught in a cable (neck) still alive but in a bad way: we are completing a knife. The cable is a standard technique of poaching of native customary local diamond like many on the area (during our stay, we will find a dozen collars and another vegetable garden in the same place a few days later by another team hunting).

Arrive BANGORAN to 12 hours.

Christopher complains of headache and fever will, he will rest in the afternoon and the next day.

We seek the afternoon and morning and afternoon with a possible Hippotrage another guide Alex circulating prone areas near the plains, but we'll see many antelope but no antelope.

RDV therefore the tenth day of hunting

Tenth day of hunting
Christopher is cocked, the program is looking for the buffalo. Every morning we look in vain for fresh tracks of buffalo, but nothing at all, where are they gone? They are probably in the square where there are many small water points.

In the afternoon, about 15 hours: Christopher decides to walk within a square propitious, since the traces do not go out on the slopes, we must go get them.

Just 30 minutes walk, bars for ... Small curve to put to good wind and approach to about 60 meters and we are looking for a good male, but that young people, following several approaches, a male a little better off as well but Christopher tells me we can find much better for it male is not finished, the center of the strip apparently still soft. He decides to call them by imitating a bellow of youth in difficulty incredible herd rushes to literally stop at 15 not fully exposed, a very large female sees us but wondered what it takes then the herd suddenly the flight: "someone has moved," said Christophe, a fact melliponne me back in the eye and I instinctively put his hand in his face, which was enough ... Back at camp because it is late.

Another day white!

Eleventh day of hunting
Start 5 hours 30, we passed a magnificent male eland solitary trotting to 40 meters from the vehicle ...

We quickly track of buffaloes and go back, after 1 hour 30 walk, touch, approach, overlaps:; buffaloes marched slowly in a small plain: we find the male: almost the same type as that of yesterday, so that Christopher believed that the same herd that we took! We drop.

In the afternoon to 14 hours 30, CAMP FHO of returning this afternoon.

We track that we had identified returned in the afternoon near the camp FHO although it seems to date in the morning. After 1 hour 30 minutes walk: contact approach which inthe perfect.

We see a trail of urine forming an S on a yard sign that the presence of a male said Christopher. Many difficult to find this male from a fifty animals rather scattered: Finally, we find ourselves well placed at 50 meters, but once the trophy does not satisfy us, it's a trophy last day said Christophe, we can do better because we still have 3 days. We return; 5 days without firing a shot, but the start of the safari was tellemnt intense that it does not weigh me at all.

Twelfth day of hunting
Morning, starting at 5 am 30 with Priority Management Ngout駻 buffalo and then Ndiri which are 2 very humid plains where the buffaloes are often before dawn. During the trip 6 heures 30: a solitary buffalo on the runway, a male correct: Christophe stops and offers to my wife to pull, but it lags because it does not tell him to take the car or without action research (especially she has one in tracking last year) which allows the buffalo to sea, we are following at full speed in climbing 2 small hills and on top of the second, we find it "parked" in 70 meters behind a tree, but the race exhausting climb to my wife requires a recovery of breath that allows the animal time to escape, I might try to run, I was ready but I don 'have not hooked.

Click on thumbnail to view the video of Roan Antelope in CAR

We return to the vehicle, we had (with) ran nearly a mile.

At 7 o'clock 30 fresh tracks of a herd on Ndiri, we take them; connect to 8 hours, they are very nervous and number 80, they split into small groups of a dozen heads that we based the but the wind dispersal of animals facts fan us with their nervousness and, after 2 hours, we leave ... Christopher said that during the previous safari every day.

2 or 3 flocks were observed in the jeep: cete week, galley, maybe it is because of bushfire or harmattan?

Click on thumbnail to view the video of Roan Antelope in CAR

Given time, more than 10 heures30, the heat will be conducive to finding the "yag or antelope near the Great Plains, arrived at 1 kilometer from the plain, we leave the jeep and walk and be more discreet.

With the approach of the plain, Fidel Demayo one of our trackers freezes and scans in the distance there, 3 yag駸 600 meters, we let the team approach to our Christopher and me, trying to enjoy each field advantage, a bush, a termite mound, the tall grass, because they are fully exposed: we are 150 meters, Christopher said a proper male and two females and most can be approached without risk. I position myself against a chick and wait for instructions "that right is the male, he pursues the female, this is full right profile: I take it shrinks but remains standing, females continue to graze, then left profile: I withdraw it falters but remains standing, females still graze, then lies down on the spot, head high. I think this attitude reflects a mortal wound. He is lying his face and difficult to remove, after 5 minutes, we decided to approach in order to remove if necessary under good conditions, came to 80 meters, but he is wavering backwards, we see the ball coming in the thorax where does a lot of blood, then it definitely falls on the side to die is a beautiful male 70 inches.

watermark.php

As can be seen: the entry of the bullet is a little behind on the left side, the first ball is completely symmetrical to right and 2 balls remained under the skin of the other side: Federal NP 375 HH .

Afternoon, starting at 15 hours: Christopher decides to go up a canyon on foot. We meet several female bushbuck, and a handsome male who fled to the bottom of the canyon. We continue, thinking to find in a cul de sac at the bottom of the canyon without relying on a flaw in the stone where it went as we show in his footsteps to return by another flaw in the initial location. We continue our tracking to reach the top of a rocky outcrop where we perceive in our cons-low beautiful male 40 meters to stop, but on the alert: Christopher makes me take, I put it in my telescope but does not shoot and let him go! Why? Perhaps because I had not programmed, having already collected a fine specimen in Benin! or because he had so well defended in this canyon? we return to camp after 3 hours of walking in a surprising landscape of rocks and holes in the bottom of which flows a small stream.

In this canyon, Christopher was firing a beautiful yellow-backed duiker male 3 days ago.

Thirteenth day of hunting
Start 5 heures 10 because it is our penultimate day and we still have not harvested the buffalo.

About 6 o'clock 30 feet buffalo on the trail, seem fresh dung, Christopher decides to take: we remove jackets because it is already good and I am taking the 375 and HH 416 Rigby gives the tracker because it is quite heavy, second it is the tracker 458 to Christopher Lott.

We follow these traces at least 1 kilometer on the track as they return to the bush and emerge on the track, then to sink in an area not burned: the herd is therefore at least 60 animals from our Hassan I. tracker not tracking problem. After 30 minutes of walking, but Hassan smiled and finger in my ear I hear the boss, try to listen but I receive nothing, but soon we see them, they seem very many. Christopher tries to select a male correct, we cut 2 times, we identify at least 3 males, but they are 70 and the habitat is dense, we approach cautiously wind shift, stampede, they spin to the big full open NDIR which at least 1 kilometers 5 kilometers: they will pass through said Christophe, quick, but good wind. We arrive at the edge of the plain where our herd is relatively quiet at 200 meters. The scroll bars on the left rather tight, we approach yet to the overdraft limit and I prepared to stick with the 416 Rigby, it scrolls from right to left between 2 small mounds forming 2 groves 3 to 4 meters wide. But animals are so tight that when we see a male: not possible to draw without risk of injury to others as they walk more: the whole herd has grown and now is over 200 meters ... when suddenly 60 meters behind, we see a latecomer all gray by the matrix of land that covers the back, it definitely sign the male and often an old male, he walks toward the others: I am focusing and when the front of the chest back into my cross I release my ball he accuses.

Suddenly the whole flock takes the wind and jump right over us, my wife quickly rise to 416 and prepare: they are 40 meters but at full speed, and very tight, "the penultimate one fine male": Christopher tries to call for slow, but nothing was done, 60 to 70 buffaloes spend very tight, "fully fund" only 30 yards but the shot is too uncertain and difficult injury!

But what a sight and what emotion! All this took only a few minutes and we hear the roar of the feature buffalo die: he had only 10 yards away and was lying near one of the 2 groves.

We are moving forward despite all rifles shouldered, but he died lying on his side: the twig on the eye shows no reaction, it is 8 hours, a fine old male here that 80 centimeters of width and a band of 27 centimeters of wide witness with bursts of advanced age.

In looking up my sleeve ejected during the reset, I measurement: 186 not so about 160 meters, some would say too far to draw a buffalo, but we did not have much choice.

Photo shoot an hour of cut and we return. It was a beautiful morning.

watermark.php

The ball is back behind the left foreleg, through everything to stay under the skin of the other side. They fell on top of the heart by cutting the large vessels which caused a large internal bleeding: the right to ball 416 NORMA TXP is retrieved from the buffalo left the Nosler Partition in 375 FEDERAL HH recovered on the Koba (the Onthe lead was shot, but posted on the photo).

watermark.php

Below the heart of the buffalo with the impact of the ball is where the blood clot.

watermark.php

Returning with the buffalo, we came upon a herd of twenty cattle: it takes remaining in visual contact with the cattle egret and the accompanying flight which gave us the position: after 2 kilometers no race, they are 50 meters my wife prepares with the 416, the bush is dense, difficult Christophe calls but a whirlwind makes flee these 3 kilometers on the run at noon we were tired and must return the vehicle, another 3 miles and often return to is not fast ... we decided not to pursue the animals we have seen, is unlikely to succeed, we returned to camp 13 hours.

In the afternoon, we went up a canyon back to yellow, but the wind was contrary, we have been burned and film and photos.

Fourteenth day of hunting and last
The morning departure at 5 pm for the DA area conducive bako back yellow and blue duiker.

We make several stops at places that seem conducive to chase the blue the call, but nothing at all. When marauding jeep: equally desert many traces on a bike across the tracks and even a scooter that seems to have lost because the trail will turn back regularly ... finally, we find convergence traces to an area Research diamonds where the natives dig and sift in search of rocks, they are numerous and often family-all this perhaps explains the lack of movement of animals today. We therefore decided to return but Christopher wants to take me on the road on a tray suitable for Oribi: we will cautiously actually border, about 120 meters 3 Oribi waiting for us there is a male, I pulls the 375 and now it is nevertheless a very male way.

watermark.php

In order not to kill the cape, it is better to take heart.

The afternoon final opportunity to find the buffalo for my wife, we go to 15 hours we Maraudon around the plains, but no traces of buffalo or after 1 hour and 30 Circuit, 2 warthogs surprised in the plains run to regain the covered, we decided to cut: I try to put it in the telescope: no way to find them, must say that I stayed at a magnification of 10 for the Oribi, they are already far, but the spurs us on 200 - 300 meters and meet again, I reduced the magnification they advance slowly to 150 meters, I took a chick (for nth a hurry and running, we did not stick) I draw, but it took a little behind, he continues, second bullet missed the third shot missed, it must be said that it is now 2OO yards and fourth bullet that gives this.

watermark.php

It is far from being exceptional, but he is wearing.

I take this opportunity to introduce the team: left Fidel De Mayo tracker in the center Luke was the driver, but also bearer and right tracker and the tracker Norbert Hassan has an ear and an eye that the we would like to have: they were of a kind, friendly, polite and competent in a word that a team would usually have and I thank them.

In return, a herd of buffalo vers 17 hours 30, we quickly coupons at a run, but when we arrive where he spent nothing, he had fled we have seen, but mostly because the wind n That was not good... was the last day ...

In conclusion, I actually think it's a good safari: one lacking the yellow-backed duiker that I have not seen or last year or this year.

During our return trip to Bangui, we met 4 hunters: 2 of them went for the leopard everyone in a different camp and after 2 weeks, one has seen anything and after 8 days had the opportunity draw plus 1 eland: then he saw much the first week, he has not seen then and therefore returned empty-handed except for baboons bait.

The other hunter leopard has seen 3 different females but no male: empty-handed also.

The other two hunters were together: one was confirmed to eland - lion: he was a lion and eland ç€'appel which I saw the picture: a thick black mane worthy of the finest Tanzanian when that which the accompanied him, he came first in Africa and only the buffalo hunt.

He had no experience and went directly to the gun rifle without having trained before leaving! Review: A beautiful brand of shooting glasses on the front, a dozen bullets, 2 buffaloes missed a wounded buffalo never recovered.

Nothing is gained ...

Weapons: I went with a 375 HH BLASER R93 bezel with S & B with illuminated reticle and Nosler Partition bullets and a FEDERAL HEYM BIGBORE in 416 Rigby bezel SWAROSKI 1 5/6et NORMA TXP: last year I ' had taken only the 416 but the illuminated reticle is still very useful for shooting in low light (Leopard - Bongo), secondly the blazer is much lighter and more manageable. However, for the buffalo I have more confidence in the efficacy of the 416 but perhaps it is more psychological than real but confidence in my opinion is a major asset in the success of the shot. This is also on my first safari in Benin, guides and hunters incense 416 and the 375 was a little limited in some time. I have so far taken 6 buffaloes with 6 bullets with my 416 Rigby; target and I rule my own glasses and I shoot several bullets at 100 meters this 1 time per week for 4 weeks before my departure.

I fired a shot with the 416, everything else to 375.

To achieve its safari: the first thing to go with a guide that is well known (either oneself or by other hunters who have practiced) and do not walk ... Starting with a known organization (which has a reputation to uphold).

- To make sure that quotas exist! able to take our animals coveted but especially repatriate the trophy.

- In order to be indemnified in case of problems and / or be supported by France when political or other problem in the country where you go, especially in Africa (a few days ago a group of 5 hunters was found in slip by highwaymen in Senegal in Casamance in the relay camp flourished: they took everything: even the weapons). I recall a forum where they said basically that had to be stupid to go on RCA in recent years, the risk is actually falling on the Sudanese but we must remain cautious ... The risk is not zero.

Starting with his weapons, physical fitness and weapons training, because the firing tax is very bitter for a wounded animal not recovered.

It is also, I think I have some experience because nothing is innate and we learn by doing (to correct errors, they must have done).

For safaris closed area (like parts of Namibia and RSA) does not hesitate to refuse an animal based on the advice of local guides while it does not match what you wanted originally (animals too young or too trophy small)

And above all: the largest St. Hubert have with you.

Original French Version

Voyage de Chasse
by Bernard Andries

central_african_republic_hunt.gif

Republique Centrafricaine (RCA)

1529d1262753976-hunting-trip-hunting-car-map.gif

Premier jour
Du 6 au 22 F騅rier 2008 Nous sommes rentr駸 avant hier de RCA o j'é¨ais parti le 6 F騅rier pour 2 semaines.

Avec mon 駱ouse, TGV LILLE CDG dans l'apr鑚 midi du 06 avec armes et bagages pour arriver Roissy 3 heures avant le d駱art pr騅u 23 heures.

L'enregistrement des armes se fait sans probl鑪es car club faune avait pr馗is en prenant le billet toutes les identifications des armes: cal et marque et nï½° ainsi que le nombre et calibre des balles (ce que je vous conseille vivement car comme nous avions affaire un n駮phyte en la mati鑽e, comme tout é¨ait pr馗is dans son ordinateur, il n'y a eu aucun probl鑪e.

Embarquement l'heure et d駱art avec une heure de retard (trop de personnes avaient plusieurs bagages mains...

Bonne arriv馥 BANGUI o F駘icit KO (mandat馥 par les diff駻entes organisations) qui s'occupe de recevoir les chasseurs a fait preuve de professionnalisme et cela nous a permis rapidement de r馗up駻er armes et munitions.

Un avion (20 places) nous attendait pour partir en brousse: un DORNIER avec PILOTE et Co pilote.

watermark.php

D駱art vers 9 heures pour 3 zones de chasse diff駻entes: un chasseur qui souhaitait chasser le l駮pard chez Marcel TIRAN, puis nous repartons pour d駱oser un autre chez FECOMME qui souhaitait 馮alement chasser le l駮pard, enfin direction SANGBA o nous é¨ions 4: 2 chasseurs pour le camp tenu par C. LEMEE qui attendait accompagn des guides J.P LEROUX et P. CLEROT, l'un pour chasser le lion et l'駘and et l'autre uniquement le buffle car c'é¨ait son premier contact avec l'Afrique et la grande chasse et en fin mon 駱ouse et moi pour le camp tenu par Matthieu LABOUREUR pour chasser l駮pard, 駘and, buffles, hippotrague et bongo si le quota le permettait.

A chaque atterrissage sur les pistes de brousse, les guides é¨aient pr駸ents et l'accueil toujours tré‘š chaleureux. Une boisson fra?he é¨ait la bienvenue. Chaque camp prenait 馮alement son ravitaillement dans l'avion pour notre s駛our. Une organisation parfaite!

Ils attendaient toujours que l'avion d馗olle avant de s'en aller.

Notre guide Christophe MORIO accompagn de son 駲uipe de 3: chauffeur, pisteur et porteur s'occupe de faire prendre et charger nos bagages et nous signale qu'il faut se d駱鹹her car l'appç©° qu'il a mis la veille pour le l駮pard avait é¨ visit et que la trace (>6mm) promettait un beau male et que si nous voulions d駛euner, nous changer, cibler, tirer un appç©°, l'installer et nous installer dans la boma (qu'il avait construite la veille) pour 17 heures il fallait y aller. Donc en route pour 30 minutes de piste pour arriver au camp de BANGORAN.

watermark.php

Arriv馥 au camp: douche, habits de chasse, d駛euner suivi d'une courte sieste: nous é¨ions partis depuis la veille apré‘š midi et d駱art vers 14 heures pour le camp de FHO qui est un camp satellite de BANGORAN mieux situ car plus central pour l駮pard et 駘and.

watermark.php

Nous ciblons en accrochant un carton sur un arbre 50 m鑼res (1 centimetres au dessus: parfait).

En route, nous croisons un c駱halophe flanc roux avec un tr鑚 beau troph馥: Christophe me dit "il faut l'enlever pour l'app穰 l駮pard car si nous ne trouvons pas de bakouya (babouin) nous aurons toujours quelquechose: je saute de la land, il est derri鑽e un arbre 80 m鑼res, j'essaie de bien me caler et attends qu'il avance.

watermark.php

Je tire plein centre pour ne pas abimer la cape, avec 375 HH N P F馘駻al.

Arriv馥 FHO o le taxidermiste d馗oupe la cape et en route pour la boma; sur le chemin j'enlé’e un bakouya male (nous pourrons conserver le flanc roux pour manger), le babouin é¨ant meilleur pour l'appat.

16 heures, nous arrivons sur la place: le dernier appat est compl鑼ement mang donc tr鑚 prometteur. L'駲uipe installe le babouin sur la branche avec des fils de fer par les pattes avant et arri鑽e, on traine les boyaux sur quelques dizaines de mettre du fond du bako jusque l'arbre, on frotte l'arbre avec les tripes; Pendant ce temps mon 駱ouse (car c'est elle qui cette ann馥 tire le l駮pard, j'ai eu la chance de le tirer l'an dernier) s'installe dans la boma et cale la 375 sur le tripod, le bout du canon au ras du trou de 10 centimetres fait dans la paille, un autre trou est fait pour moi et un troisi鑪e pour Christophe.

Je v駻ifie la lunette (une S et B 2, 5 X 10 avec ré¨icule lumineux) et la mets sur X4: la boma est 35m: et vois que le centre de la croix s'馗laire bien.

Tout est par? il est 17 heures; Christophe renvoie l'駲uipe avec le v馼icule 1 kilom鑼re de distance avec ordre de venir nous trouver vers 20 heures en l'absence de tir, nous dire bonjour et repartir: il parait que cela trompe le l駮pard qui h駸ite grimper??

Vers 17 heures 30 rugissement bizarre gauche suivi du cri caract駻istique du l駮pard: tous nos sens sont en alerte pendant 20 minutes les bruits de la brousse (cris d'oiseaux, pintades, singes, abeilles ou gu鑵es, gros bourdonnements, nous enveloppent; c'est magique.

Je scrute avec mes jumelles les alentours, rien, je remonte vers la branche: IL EST LA plein travers, nous n'avons rien entendu: il est 17 heures 50; Christophe l'aper輟it en m麥e temps: je tremble avec mes jumelles et 駱rouve des difficult駸 respirer, je n'avais pas ressenti cela quand je l'ai vu monter l'an dernier et la je comprends la sensation que le guide peut ressentir ce que me confirme Christophe mais bien vite tout se calme. Ma femme est tr鑚 calme, elle le cadre dans la lunette; Christophe essaie de juger l'animal: m稷e ou femelle, qui se met rapidement de face plat ventre sur une branche perpendiculaire de sorte que seulement la t黎e et les pattes avant sont visibles.

Apr鑚 quelques minutes Christophe nous dit que c'est un male vu la taille de la t黎e et des ant駻ieurs.

Ma femme le voit bien mais toujours pleine face: je la dissuade de tirer, car trop al饌toire et demande d'attendre qu'il bouge; apré‘š 15 minutes toujours pareil, il commence faire sombre, nous d馗idons d'allumer la torche rouge, cela le fera peut-黎re bouger: elle est pr鑼e: j'allume, cela le laisse indiff駻ent et il continue croquer pleines dents l'appç©° qu'il a remont sur la branche pour 黎re plus l'aise. Nous essayons de siffler pour qu'il se lé’e: rien faire apré‘š 10 minutes la torche commence faiblir. Je le tirerai bien dans la t黎e me dit ma femme tout bas, Christophe lui r駱ond que si elle le sent bien, elle peut y aller car bient? la batterie sera plate et nous sommes dans un bako assez sombre... PAN!!! Au coup de carabine pendant 1 2 secondes rien ne bouge puis l'animal se d馗roche doucement de sa branche pour tomber comme une masse.

watermark.php

Christophe et moi prenons chacun un cal 12 charg de 21 grains avec torche attach馥 et j'enfile ma grosse veste barbour et nous y allons de suite; un bruit de feuilles mortes, je le vois bouger, je tire; clic: je n'avais pas engag de cartouche dans le canon, Christophe ne le voit pas cach par un arbre, je lui signale de tirer 
ce qu'il fait en m麥e temps.

Il é¨ait l'aplomb de la branche, une balle dans l'oeil gauche, ressortie droite, il avait tourn la t黎e au moment du tir: les soubresauts marquaient la fin et je ne pense pas qu'il aurait pu s'en aller m麥e sans le cal 12... signaler qu'il avait 馮alement la patte droite fracass馥 hauteur de l'駱aule.

Il é¨ait 18 heures 30 de notre premi鑽e apré‘š midi de safari.

Retour au camp avec d馗oration du v馼icule avec des branchages feuillus, tir d'un coup de carabine 400 m鑼res du camp et l'駲uipe entonne un chant en sangho (glorifiant le chasseur pour avoir é¨ habile et pour les avoir d饕arrasser de ce pr馘ateur) vite relay馥 par le personnel du camp, les femmes et les enfants qui accourent en chantant pour nous accueillir une branche feuillue la main qu'ils agitent en dansant dans la bonne humeur et la joie autour du v馼icule. Quelle ambiance.

watermark.php

Tourn馥 g駭駻ale et s饌nce film et photos.

Repas et au lit vers 21 heures.

Deuxi鑪e jour de chasse
Lever 6h pour d駱art 7 heures.

Le prochain c'est l'駘an de derby qui nous int駻esse.

Christophe m'explique que nous allons essayer de les localiser sur la zone qui fait plus de 600 000 hectares, pour ne pas trop marcher le premier jour et s'adapter la brousse et la chaleur.

La matin馥, nous roulons 77 kilom鑼res de piste en s駘ectionnant des carr駸.

Une heure apr鑚 le lever du jour, nous sommes attaqu駸 par les TSE-TSE pendant 1/4 heure et il en est de m麥e 1/4 heure avant la tomb馥 de la nuit (il en sera ainsi tous les jours): les r駱ellents n'agissent pas sur les ts ts? seuls les v黎ements ferm駸 prot鑒ent un peu, mais les piq?es sont nombreuses travers les v黎ements (aspect et d駑angeaisons comme de grosses piq?es de moustiques).

Retour vers 11 heures 3O vus 1 buffle femelle seule et un hippotrague au loin ainsi que 2 phacoch鑽es.

Douche, petite baignade dans la rivi鑽e qui traverse le camp o une miniminipiscine d饕ordement est install馥 (que c'est agr饌ble par cette chaleur!!!). Repas, sieste et d駱art vers 15 heures.

L'apr鑚 midi 33 kilom鑼res de piste; ces 110 kilom鑼res effectu駸 nous permettent de localiser quelques troupeaux donc les pistes et salines o nous pourrons contr?er d鑚 le matin des d駱arts de traces et les remonter.

L'駲uipe profite aussi pour br?er les pailles quand il le faut.

Retour 18 heures quand il fait noir, ap駻o autour d'un feu de camp suivi du repas et coucher 20 heures.

Ce sera un peu ce rythme d'horaire que nous adopterons pour tout le s駛our.

Troisi鑪e jour de chasse

Lever 4 heures 30 D駱art 5 heures 15 nous croisons un troupeau de buffles que nous laissons, pour nous diriger vers nos zones rep駻馥s: vers 6 heures.

Traces sur la piste, au sourire d'enfant du pisteur Norbert, je sens que les traces sont tr鑚 fra?hes On s'駲uipe et on y va; apr鑚 1 heure 30.

Contact visuel: 1 male et 3 femelles dont une nous voit et ils partent en courrant: Christophe me dit "le male n'est pas terrible, on laisse".

Retour au v馼icule, en marchant troupeau de bubale de Lelwel avec un tr鑚 beau male (troph馥 estim 60 centimetres) stopp 60 m鑼res; cela ne fait pas parti de notre programme; nous laissons.

Nouvelles traces prises vers 10 heures, apr鑚 1 heure contact, le vent tourne, les 駘ans prennent le vent; nous abandonnons car il est tr鑚 difficile de remonter des 駘ans qui vous ont sentis et en plus me dit Christophe, on risque de les forcer donc de les faire sortir de la zone et de les effaroucher.

Retour au camp.

L'apr鑚 midi sera consacr馥 la recherche de traces de buffles RAS.

Demain nous savons dans quels secteurs rechercher des traces fra?hes pour pister les fant?es de la brousse: 駘ans de derby.

Quatri鑪e jour de chasse
D駱art 5 heures, contr?e d'une saline: beaucoup de traces fra?hes; nous prenons un pied de solitaire, apré‘š 1 heure crottes tré‘š fra?hes, la trace se m駘ange dans celle d'un troupeau important qui circule dans tous les sens et nous ne parviendrons pas d駑éºer pour retrouver notre pied ni la sortie des traces afin de les reprendre: abandon; retour au v馼icule plusieurs kilom鑼res au cours du quel nous voyons un 駘an: approche de sioux, bonne visibilit? c'est un Male et un deuxi鑪e mais trop jeunes. Retour au camp 12 heures.

Apré‘š midi: grand tour pour rechercher buffle et koba mais rien de concret, nous rentrons et sur le chemin du retour: grand troupeau d'駘ans la saline: nous remontons le troupeau 1 puis 2 beaux males vus mais pas de bonne condition de tir, beaucoup trop de ké§é§¸ et plus de 100 m鑼res et la lumi鑽e baisse beaucoup: Christophe me dit: "on va les reprendre demain matin, les males que j'ai vus sont magnifiques".

Cinqui鑪e jour de chasse
D駱art 5 heures direction Ngout駻? l o on les a laiss駸 hier soir. On reprend les traces de la veille et apré‘š 10 minutes on les entend (il faut dire qu'il faisait nuit quand on les a quitt駸 et que le jour commence peine poindre). Le vent n'est pas favorable, Christophe d馗ide donc de faire une grande boucle pour les pr馗馘er et 黎re bon vent tout en essayant de conserver un contact visuel mais surtout auditif par les pisteurs qui ont une vue et une ou? incroyable, apré‘š 1 heure de marche au pas cadenc? plus de son ni d'image, le contact est perdu. On essaie de remonter doucement, toujours rien. Avec les pisteurs, Christophe d馗ide de reprendre la trace du dernier contact visuel, encore 1 heure de marche, nous retrouvons les traces et les remontons: surprise, nous recroisons nos propres traces, la manoeuvre é¨ait donc bonne, mais les 駘ans s'é¨aient arr黎駸 bien avant et n'avaient repris la marche quand nous avions repris la trace: pour une fois nous é¨ions avant les 駘ans.

Apr鑚 2 heures de pistage, nouveau contact visuel 80 - 100 m鑼res, une trou馥 o d馭ilent les 駘ans; le stick est install? s馗urit enlev? aucun bon male sur les 20 30 animaux, on continue l'approche en suivant les 駘ans: nouvelle trou馥, stick et nouveau d馭il? je suis pr黎 mais encore rien sur une trentaine d'animaux qui passent, Christophe estime le troupeau 60 - 80 駘ans.

Nouvelle approche, le terrain s'ouvre car la paille est br?馥: nous laissons l'駲uipe et le stick et rampons 2: Christophe et moi dans le br? sur environ 200 - 250 m鑼res, Christophe m'interdit de jumeler et de lever la t黎e!!!

Nous sommes presque dans le troupeau devant nous en 騅entail 50 m鑼res; cela nous a pris 1 heure 30 de ramping car des femelles regardaient sans cesse dans notre direction. 
J'é¨ais cach derri鑽e une termiti鑽e champignon de 40 centimetres de haut pendant que Christophe jumelait avec prudence pour d駭icher un bon male que je souhaitais de qualit (1 m鑼re en droit).

"Bernard lé’e toi doucement en 駱aulant sans mouvement brusque, il y a 2 animaux gauche de profil, 2 droite de profil: une femelle et un jeune et droit devant un male mais il est pleine face, je crois qu'il est bon, si tu peux tire le dé‘š qu'il se pr駸ente bien, mais extr麥e prudence car il nous regarde et peut filer".

Prudemment, je me redresse en me fondant au ké§ devant moi, je v駻ifie ce que m'a dit Christophe au travers de la lunette et identifie l'animal en question qui nous regarde et se pr駸ente pleine face: je mets la croix entre les 2 ant駻ieurs, pas trop haut car l'animal est haut et je veux 騅iter le cou, je baisse un peu et tire plein centre; il accuse, tr饕uche et tout le troupeau s'emballe dans une course effr駭馥.

Nous nous pr馗ipitons l'anschluss: quelques gouttes de sang puis plus rien, des traces de course profonde.

Les pisteurs accourent, prennent la trace qu'ils retrouvent parmi les autres grç¨e quelques gouttes de sang et ainsi pendant 100 m鑼res: Christophe me dit "tu l'as peut-黎re bross? mais je me sentais confiant car bien en position pour tirer, pas loin 60 m鑼res peine et une NP en 375 HH, 軋 doit travailler.

Vers 150 m鑼res, une tache de sang un peu plus importante sur une feuille, mon regard scrute plus loin et je vois une masse grise sur le flanc: l'駘an est mort, la balle est rentr馥 pleine face, donc non ressortie, ci qui explique le peu de sang; apr鑚 mesure, il fait 1 m鑼re O7 et 51 inches 1/4: belle chasse, belle conclusion.

watermark.php

Sixi鑪e jour de chasse
Comme pr騅u, nous partons le matin vers 6 heures pour BATOU situ 60 kilom鑼res, sur la route, peu de chose: nous arr黎ons 3 reprises pour essayer de trouver un c駱halophe bleu l誕ppelquand nous passons pr鑚 d置n petit bako serr? le chasseur se place en avant, sur un genou, fusil cal 12 charg avec du 4 nickel et 駱aul car il faut 黎re extr麥ement rapide, le guide derri鑽e pour identifier le male et le pisteur derri鑽e qui appelle en produisant un son nasillard un peu comme un miaulement qui imiterait le bruit du c駱halophe bless? Rien n弾st venu aux 3 reprises; je peux vous dire cependant que 軋 marche car l誕n dernier nous en avions fait un de cette mani鑽e.

Vers 10 heures 30, nous arrivons au camp: tr鑚 rustique avec deux chambre et les WC dehors tout comme la douche, le tout situ pr鑚 d置ne rivi鑽e la manovo au bord de laquelle se trouvait la salle manger bien sympathique. Electricit par panneau solaire et r馭rig駻ateur au gaz renfermant des bi鑽es bien fraiches!!! Coca et mocaf, chweppes...

Repas, courte sieste et en route pour le mirador avec matelas pour passer la nuit, sié‘’es et batterie pour la lampe; le Bongo se chasse principalement l誕ff?, les bakos é¨ant trop serr駸 pour les pister et la chasse au chien non pratiqu馥 en RCA car trop d駻angeante car il ne s誕git pas de for黎s mais de galeries foresti鑽es dans la savanne.

A 15 heures nous sommes en place, le bongo pouvant venir de jour comme de nuit.

Le mirador est situ 7 m de hauteur face une plaine formant comme une baie entour馥 du bako, baie centr馥 par un mar馗age bord d置ne saline 130 m鑼res en face et une autre 60 m鑼res droite.

Merveilleux endroits pour admirer les oiseaux: ibis sacr? canard casqu? h駻on, gré«e, chevalier cul blanc, pigeons verts par dizaine, tourterelles 駱aulettes violettes, martin-chasseur et martin chasseur pygm馥, gu駱ier vert et 馗arlate, touraco, calao des for鑼setc... un vrai r馮al mais aucune antilope.

Vers 17 heures 30 un sitatunga femelle se montre et le jour commence baisser, un c駱halophe bleu au bord de la saline, mais nous attendons le bongo... vers 19 heures 30 surprise: 8 駘駱hants arrivent sur la saline du fond et restent une demi heure (le m麥e soir 30 kilom鑼res de l? l誕utre chasseur, un am駻icain a eu 40 駘駱hants au pied de son mirador qui se frottaient sur les piliers le soutenant, qu弾lle frayeur!!! signaler qu段l avait pass la semaine pr馗馘ente trois jours et trois nuits Batou sans rien voir.

Je jumelle droite et vois une forme claire sans pouvoir identifier; nous 馗lairons: un l駮pard dont la forme assez fine nous fait penser une femelle, elle boite de l誕vant droit, sans doute un collet, fr駲uemment utilis par les braco coutumiers.

Je me dis apré‘š un l駮pard, on est tranquille rien ne vendra de sit? et je m誕llonge sur le matelas o mon 駱ouse se repose d駛? je somnole depuis 3 minutes quand jå¼¾ntends une sorte d誕boiement 2 reprises: Christophe me tape lå¸paule ォon vient då¼¾ntendre un bongo aboyer, ne bouge pas, je v駻ifieï½» 2 3 minutes plus tard, ォil est l狃, je jumelle: merveilleuse vision que cette antilope ray馥. Christophe ne peut me certifier que cå¼¾st un male; nous d馗idons alors då¸clairer avec la torche rouge et imm馘iatement, il me confirme que cå¼¾st un male: la 375 avec ré¨icule lumineux rugit: j誕i l段mpression de voir rentrer la balle lå¼¾ndroit vis derri鑽e la patte avant, nous entendons un bruit de branches cass馥s: vite en bas de lå¸chelle en direction de la saline et nous tombons sur le bongo 20 m鑼res avant lå¼¾ndroit du tir.

Effectivement quel magnifique animal: la couleur, les rayures: nous en comptons 13. Christophe me dit "軋, il faut que tu le naturalises entier, sinon!!!

watermark.php

En place pour la s饌nce photos, nous essayons de bien le positionner quand tout d'un coup, je ressens des fourmillements aux jambes et quelques piqures; les fourmis rouges s'exclame le pisteur, nous nous 駘oignons avec le bongo et je regarde la torche: une train馥 de fourmis sur le pantalon, en 3 secondes je suis en slip et tente d'駘iminer les insectes pendant que le pisteur allume un feu pour les 駘oigner; rapidement tout se calme, OUF. Une odeur forte se fait ressentir: nous pensions que c'é¨ait une odeur du bongo mais Christophe nous dit qu'il s'agit d'acide formique d馮ag par les fourmis qui stressent!!!

watermark.php

Comme, pour lå¸land et le l駮pard, le Bongo et seulement ces trois animaux vous donnent ce retour au camp avec la jeep d馗or馥 de feuillage, coup de carabine l誕pproche du camp et accueil avec des chants par tout le personnel du camp: il faut le vivre au moins une fois pour ressentir cette fiert et ce bonheur que cela vous procure.

Ce soir l? nous nous sommes couch駸 vers 23 heures.

Septi鑪e jour de chasse
Lever 5 heures 30, d駱art au lever du jour 6 heures. Quelques appels infructueux au c駱halophe bleu lors d置ne marche dans un baco profond pendant 2 heures 3O o nous rep駻ons multitudes de traces de pota et d檀yloch鑽e, mais pas d誕nimaux... Repas et sieste.

L誕pr鑚 midi sera consacr au c駱halophe bleu, dos jaune. En allant controler une nouvelle saline que Christophe a d馗ouvert en scrutant la zone sur internet avec google earth quand il est rentr en France apr鑚 la derni鑽e saison, , en y prenant le point gps sur la carte, ce qui lui a permis sur le terrain de le retrouver: magnifique spectacle de 10 hyloch鑽e dont un tr鑚 beau male facilement tirable mais pas dans notre programme cela nous permet quelques photos de ces suid駸 relativement discrets et rares contrairement ce que l弛n pense, Christophe me dit qu段l s誕git l d誕nimaux diurnes et que la meilleure heure pour les rencontrer est vers 15 heures sur les salines ou dans les bakos(il n弾n a jamais vus de nuit).

En rentrant, le pisteur qui marchait en t黎e s誕rr黎e brutalement: il a failli marcher sur un serpent qu段l a coup en deux avec sa machette: signaler que nous avions vu le deuxi鑪e jour, en bordure dç½®ne mare un python de 3 m鑼res 50 é¨ait occup engloutir un h駻on et que nous reverrons une vip鑽e heurtante ou similaire sur le chemin de l誕駻oport de sangba le dernier jour, elle a travers et la jeep est pass馥 dessus en roulant.

Huiti鑪e jour de chasse
Malgr l誕bsence de c駱halophe dos jaune, nous allons rentrer sur le camp principal de Bangoran pour laisser libre le camp de Batou au chasseur am駻icain qui é¨ait l pour une dur馥 de 4 semaines avec le programme: 駘and- bongo sitatunga _ potamoch鑽e, il avait pass 2 semaines et demi et n誕vait r馗olt que lå¸land ce jour.

60 kilom鑼res de mauvaise piste au cours desquels dans un virage, je vois une queue ォs弾nvoler dans la verdureサ ォbamaraサ me dit le pisteur: le lion! effectivement une grosse trace de lion suit la piste: signaler qu段l y a 1 lion au quota sur la zone principalement chass l誕pp穰 ou l誕ppel.

Un peu plus loin: un groupe d置ne quinzaine de potamoch鑽es 50 m鑼res, vite hors du v馼icule, course poursuite vers le bako, difficile de s駘ectionner un bon male dans les pailles, perdus de vue, nous poursuivons les traces et soudain, une tache rousse: un jeune pota pris dans un cable(collet) encore vivant mais bien mal en point: nous l誕chevons au couteau. Le c稈le est une technique classique de braconnage coutumier des indig鈩es locaux comme les diamantaires nombreux sur la zone (pendant notre s駛our, on retrouvera une dizaine de collets ainsi qu置n autre pota au m麥e endroit quelques jours plus tard, par l誕utre 駲uipe de chasse).

Arriv馥 BANGORAN 12 heures.

Christophe se plaint de maux de t黎e et fera de la fié’re, il se reposera l誕pré‘š midi et le lendemain.

Nous chercherons l誕pr鑚 midi et le lendemain matin et apr鑚 midi un 騅entuel Hippotrage avec un autre guide Alex en circulant sur les zones propices pr鑚 des plaines, mais nous verrons de nombreux bubales mais aucun hippotrague.

RDV donc au dixi鑪e jour de chasse

Dixi鑪e jour de chasse
Christophe est retap? le programme est donc la recherche du buffle. Le matin, nous cherchons vainement des traces fra?hes de buffle mais rien de rien, o sont-ils donc pass駸?Ils restent vraisemblablement dans les carr駸 o existent beaucoup de petits points d弾au.

L誕pr鑚 midi, vers 15 heures: Christophe d馗ide de marcher l段nt駻ieur d置n carr propice, puisque les traces ne sortent pas sur les pistes, il faut rentrer les chercher.

A peine 30 minutes de marche, buffles en vue... Petite courbe pour se placer bon vent et approche environ 60 m鑼res; nous recherchons un bon male, mais que des jeunes, apr鑚 plusieurs approche, un male un peu meilleur car bien large mais Christophe me dit que nous pouvons trouver beaucoup mieux car ce male n弾st pas fini, le centre du bandeau paraissant encore bien mou. Il d馗ide alors de les appeler en imitant un beuglement de jeune en difficult? incroyable: le troupeau accoure litt駻alement pour s段mmobiliser 15 pas en plein d馗ouvert, une tr鑚 grosse femelle nous voit mais se demande ce que c弾st puis le troupeau prend brutalement la fuite: ォquelqu置n a boug サdit Christophe, effectivement une melliponne m弾st rentr馥 dans l弛eil et instinctivement j誕i port la main au visage, ce qui a suffit... Retour au camp car il est tard.

Encore une journ馥 blanche!

Onzi鑪e jour de chasse
D駱art 5 heures 30, nous croisons un magnifique 駘and male solitaire qui passe au trot 40 m鑼res du v馼icule...

Nous prenons rapidement une trace de buffles et la remontons; apr鑚 1 heure 30 de marche, contact, approche, recoupe:; les buffles d馭ilent lentement dans une petite plaine: nous trouvons le male: pratiquement le m麥e type que celui d hier, tel point que Christophe pense que c弾st le m麥e troupeau que nous avons repris!!! Nous laissons tomber.

L誕pr鑚-midi vers 14 heures 30, CAMP de FHO en rentrant ce midi.

Nous prenons une trace que nous avions rep駻馥 en rentrant le midi pr鑚 du camp de FHO bien qu弾lle semble dater du matin. Apr鑚 1 heure 30 de marche: contact, approche parfaite aucours de laquelle.

Nous voyons une tra?馥 d置rine formant un S sur un m黎re ce qui signe la pr駸ence d置n male me dit Christophe. Beaucoup de difficult駸 pour trouver ce male parmi une cinquantaine d誕nimaux assez 駱arpill駸: enfin, nous le trouvons bien plac 50 m鑼res; mais encore une fois le troph馥 ne nous satisfait pas, c弾st un troph馥 de dernier jour me dit Christophe, on peut trouver mieux car il nous reste encore 3 jours. Nous rentrons; 5 jours sans tirer une balle, mais le d饕ut du safari fut tellemnt intense que cela ne me p鑚e pas du tout.

Douzi鑪e jour de chasse
Matin, d駱art 5 heures 30 avec priorit? buffle direction Ngout駻 puis ensuite Ndiri qui sont 2 grandes plaines tré‘š humides o les buffles passent souvent avant le lever du jour. Au cours du trajet 6 heures 30: un buffle solitaire sur la piste; un m稷e correct: Christophe stoppe et propose mon 駱ouse de le tirer mais elle tra?e car cela ne lui dit pas de tirer de la voiture ou sans action de recherche (surtout quå¼¾lle en a fait un au pistage l誕n dernier) ce qui permet au buffle de prendre le large, nous le suivons au pas de course en gravissant 2 petites collines et au sommet de la seconde, nous le trouvons ォgar鮟 70 m鑼res, derri鑽e un arbre, mais la course ext駭uante en mont馥 n馗essite mon 駱ouse une reprise de souffle qui laisse l誕nimal le temps de så¸chapper; j誕urais pu essayer la course, jå¸tais pr黎 mais je n誕i pas accroch?

Cliquez sur la vignette pour voir la vid駮 de Roan Antelope en RCA

On retourne au v馼icule, nous avions (par) couru pr鑚 d置n kilom鑼re.

A 7 heures 30 traces fra?hes d置n troupeau sur Ndiri, nous les prenons; contact 8 heures, ils sont tr鑚 nerveux et en grand nombre 80, ils se s駱arent en petits groupes d置ne dizaine de t黎es que nous prenons en fonction du vent mais cette dispersion des animaux nous faits 騅enter et avec leur nervosit? apr鑚 2 heures, nous abandonnons... Christophe me dit qu誕u cours du safari pr馗馘ent, chaque jour.

2 ou 3 troupeaux é¨aient observ駸 de la jeep: cete semaine, cå¼¾st gal鑽e: peut-黎re est-ce cause des feux de brousse ou de l檀armattan?

Cliquez sur la vignette pour voir la vid駮 de Roan Antelope en RCA

Vu l檀eure, plus de 10 heures30, la chaleur sera propice pour trouver le ォyag鮟 ou hippotrague pr鑚 des grandes plaines; arriv駸 1 kilom鑼re de la plaine, nous quittons la jeep pour marcher et ainsi 黎re plus discret.

A l誕pproche de la plaine, Fidel D駑ayo un de nos pisteurs se fige et scrute au loin: l?bas, 3 yag駸 600 m鑼res environ: nous laissons lå¸quipe pour faire notre approche Christophe et moi, en essayant de profiter de chaque avantage du terrain, un buisson, une termiti鑽e, des hautes herbes; car ils sont en plein d馗ouvert: nous sommes 150 m鑼res, Christophe me dit un male correct et deux femelles et l plus possible de s誕pprocher sans risque. Je me positionne contre un ké§ et attends les directives: ォcelui de droite, cå¼¾st le maleï½», il poursuit la femelle, se pr駸ente plein profil droit: je tire, il se ré¨racte mais reste debout, les femelles continuent brouter, puis profil gauche: je retire, il vacille mais reste debout, les femelles broutent toujours, puis il se couche sur place, la t黎e haute. Je pense que cette attitude t駑oigne dç½®ne blessure mortelle. Il est couch pleine face et difficile de retirer; apré‘š 5 minutes, nous d馗idons d誕pprocher afin de pouvoir retirer si besoin dans de bonnes conditions, arriv駸 80 m鑼res, il se relé’e mais vacille reculons, nous voyons lå¼¾ntr馥 de balle dans le thorax då¼› sort beaucoup de sang, puis il tombe d馭initivement sur le flanc pour mourir C'est un beau m稷e de 70 centim鑼res.

watermark.php

Comme on le voit: l'entr馥 de la balle est un peu en arri鑽e sur le cot gauche, la premi鑽e balle est tout fait symé¨rique droite et les 2 balles sont rest馥s sous la peau de l'autre cot? Federal NP 375 HH.

Apré‘š midi, d駱art 15 heures: Christophe d馗ide de remonter un grand canyon pied .Nous rencontrons plusieurs guibs femelles, ainsi quç½®n beau male qui så¼¾nfuit vers le fond du canyon. Nous le poursuivons, pensant le trouver dans un cul de sac, au fond du canyon sans compter sur une faille dans la pierre par o il est pass comme nous le montrent ses traces pour revenir par une autre faille lå¼¾ndroit initial. Nous continuons notre pistage pour arriver au sommet dç½®n escarpement rocheux då¼› nous apercevons en contre- bas notre male magnifique 40 m鑼res l誕rr黎 mais sur le qui vive: Christophe m段ncite tirer; je le mets dans ma lunette mais ne tire pas et le laisse filer!!! Pourquoi? Peut-黎re parce que je ne l誕vais pas programm? en ayant d駛 r馗olt un beau sp馗imen au B駭in! ou parce qu段l så¸tait si bien d馭endu dans ce canyon? nous rentrons au camp apré‘š 3 heures de marche dans un paysage surprenant de failles et rochers au fond duquel coule un petit ruisseau.

Dans ce canyon, Christophe a fait tirer un beau c駱halophe dos jaune male il y a 3 jours.

Treizi鑪e jour de chasse
D駱art 5 heures 10 car c弾st notre avant dernier jour et nous n誕vons toujours pas r馗olt le buffle.

Vers 6 heures 30 pieds de buffles sur la piste, les bouses paraissent fra?hes; Christophe d馗ide de les prendre: nous enlevons vestes car il fait d駛 bon; je prends la 375 HH et donne la 416 Rigby au pisteur car elle est assez lourde, le deuxi鑪e pisteur lui porte la 458 LOTT Christophe.

Nous suivons ces traces au moins 1 kilom鑼re sur la piste, car elles rentrent dans le bush et ressortent sur la piste, pour så¼¾nfoncer ensuite dans une zone non br?馥: le troupeau est cons駲uent; au moins 60 animaux d誕pré‘š Hassan notre Ier pisteur donc pas de probl鑪e de pistage. Apré‘š 30 minutes de marche, Hassan sourit et mais le doigt lå¼›reille je les entends patron; jå¼¾ssaie då¸couter mais je ne per輟is rien, mais tré‘š vite nous les voyons, ils paraissent tré‘š nombreux. Christophe essaie de s駘ectionner un male correct, nous les coupons 2 fois, nous rep駻ons au moins 3 males, mais ils sont 70 et le biotope est dense, nous approchons prudemment: saute de vent, d饕andade; ils filent vers la grande pleine ouverte de NDIRI qui fait au moins 1 kilom鑼re sur 5 kilom鑼res: ils vont la traverser me dit Christophe, vite, mais bon vent. Nous arrivons au bord de la plaine: notre troupeau est l relativement tranquille 200 m鑼res. Les buffles d馭ilent sur la gauche assez serr駸, nous approchons encore la limite du d馗ouvert et je me pr駱are sur le stick avec la 416 Rigby, 軋 d馭ile de droite gauche entre 2 petits monticules formant 2 bosquets de 3 4 m鑼res de large. Mais les animaux sont tellement serr駸 que dé‘š que nous voyons un male: pas possible de tirer sans risque då¼¾n blesser d誕utres d誕utant plus qu段ls marchent: tout le troupeau est pass maintenant et se trouve plus de 200 m鑼res... quand tout dç½®n coup 60 m鑼res derri鑽e, nous apercevons un retardataire tout gris par la gangue de terre qu段l porte sur le dos, cela signe incontestablement le male et souvent un vieux male, il marche en direction des autres: je me concentre et dé‘š que l誕vant du poitrail rentre dans ma croix: je lç¨he ma balle: il accuse.

Soudain tout le troupeau prend le vent et fonce droit sur nous, vite ma femme prends la 416 et se pr駱are: ils sont 40 m鑼res mais en pleine course, et tr鑚 serr駸: ォl誕vant dernier, un beau m稷eサ: Christophe essaie de les appeler pour les ralentir, mais rien n馳 fait, 60 - 70 buffles passent tr鑚 serr駸, ォ fond la caisseサ peine 30 m鑼res mais le tir est trop al饌toire et difficile: dommage!!!

Mais quel spectacle et quelle 駑otion!!! Tout cela n誕 pris que quelques minutes et nous entendons le beuglement caract駻istique du buffle qui meure: il n誕vait fait que 10 m鑼res peine et så¸tait couch pré‘š dç½®n des 2 bosquets.

Nous avan輟ns malgr tout carabines 駱aul馥s, mais il est mort é¨endu sur le flanc: la brindille sur l凋il ne montre aucune r饌ction: il est 8 heures: un beau vieux m稷e que voici 80 centimetres då¸cartement et un bandeau de 27 centimetres de large avec des 馗lats t駑oins dç½®n age avanc?

En allant rechercher ma douille 駛ect馥s lors du r饌rmement, je mesure: 186 pas donc environ 160 m鑼res, c弾st trop loin diront certains pour tirer un buffle, mais nous n誕vions pas beaucoup le choix.

S饌nce photos, une heure de d馗oupe et nous rentrons. Ce fut une belle matin馥.

watermark.php

La balle est rentr馥 derri鑽e la patte avant gauche, a tout travers pour rester sous la peau de l'autre cot? Elles est pass馥 sur le sommet du coeur en sectionnant les gros vaisseaux ce qui a provoqu une volumineuse h駑orragie interne: droite la balle de 416 NORMA TXP r馗up駻馥 sur le buffle, gauche la Nosler Partition FEDERAL en 375 HH r馗up駻e sur le koba (le plomb é¨ait surla balle, mais dé¨ach sur la photo).

watermark.php

En bas le coeur du buffle avec l'impact de la balle l o se trouve le caillot de sang.

watermark.php

En rentrant avec le buffle, on tombe sur un troupeau dç½®ne vingtaine de b黎es: on le prend en restant en contact visuel grç¨e des h駻ons garde boeufs qui les accompagnaient et dont le vol nous donnait la position: apré‘š 2 kilom鑼res au pas de course, ils sont 50 m鑼res: ma femme se pr駱are avec la 416, le bush est dense, difficile: Christophe les appelle mais un tourbillon de vent les fait fuir: ces 3 kilom鑼res au pas de course en plein midi nous a fatigu駸 et il faut rentrer au v馼icule, encore 3 kilom鑼res et souvent le retour se fait au pas rapide... on d馗ide de ne pas poursuivre, les animaux nous ayant vus, cå¼¾st peu probable de ré¨ssir, on rentre au camp 13 heures.

L誕pré‘š midi, nous avons remont un canyon pour le dos jaune, mais le vent é¨ait contraire, nous avons donc br? et fait film et photos.

Quatorzi鑪e jour de chasse et dernier
Le matin d駱art 5 heures pour le DA zone de bako propice au dos jaune et au c駱halophe bleu.

Nous faisons plusieurs haltes dans des endroits qui nous paraissent propices pour chasser le bleu l誕ppel, mais rien de rien. Lors de la maraude en jeep: tout aussi d駸ert: beaucoup de traces de v駘os partout sur les pistes et m麥e une mobylette qui semble s底tre perdue car les traces vont r馮uli鑽ement demi tour?our finir, nous trouvons la convergence des traces vers une zone de recherche de diamants o des indig鈩es creusent et tamisent la recherche de cailloux, ils sont nombreux et souvent en famille: tout cela explique peut-黎re l誕bsence de mouvement d誕nimaux ce jour. Nous d馗idons donc de rentrer mais Christophe veut sur le chemin m誕mener sur un plateau propice pour l弛urebi: nous y allons prudemment: effectivement en bordure, environ 120 m鑼res 3 ourebis nous attendaient, il y a un male, je le tire la 375 et voil? ce n弾st cependant qu置n male tr鑚 moyen.

watermark.php

Pour ne pas trop massacrer la cape, il vaut mieux tirer plein centre.

L'apré‘š midi derni鑽e possibilit pour trouver le buffle pour mon 駱ouse; nous partons vers 15 heures: nous maraudons autour des plaines, mais pas de traces ni de buffles apré‘š 1 heure 30 de circuit; 2 phacoch鑽es surpris dans la plaine courent pour regagner le couvert; nous d馗idons de les couper: j'essaie de les mettre dans la lunette: pas moyen de les trouver, faut dire que j'é¨ais rest au grossissement 10 pour l'ourebi, ils sont d駛a loin, mais nous les coursons sur 200 - 300 m鑼res et les revoyons, j'ai r馘uit le grossissement: ils avancent doucement 150 m鑼res, je prend un ké§ (car dansl a pr馗ipitation et la course, nous n'avons pas pris le stick) je tire, il a pris mais un peu derri鑽e, il continue, deuxi鑪e balle rat馥, troisi鑪e balle rat馥, il faut dire qu'il est maintenant 2OO m鑼res et quatri鑪e balle qui donne ceci.

watermark.php

Il est loin d'黎re exceptionnel mais il est bien coiff?

J'en profite pour pr駸enter l'駲uipe: gauche Fidel De Mayo: pisteur; au centre Luc: c'est le chauffeur, mais aussi porteur et pisteur et droite Norbert HASSAN le pisteur qui a une oreille et un oeil que l'on aimeraient avoir: ils é¨aient d'une gentillesse, aimables, polis et compé¨ents: en un mot une 駲uipe qu'on aimerait souvent avoir et je les remercie.

Au retour, un troupeau de buffles vers 17 heures 30, nous le coupons rapidement au pas de course, mais quand nous arrivons l o il devait passer, rien, il s'é¨ait enfuit nous ayant vus, mais surtout cause du vent qui n'é¨ait pas bon.

C'é¨ait le dernier jour...

En conclusion, je pense effectivement que c弾st un bon safari: seul manque le c駱halophe dos jaune que je n誕i pas vu ni l誕n dernier, ni cette ann馥.

Lors de notre voyage de retour Bangui: nous avons rencontr 4 chasseurs: 2 d弾ntre eux allaient pour le l駮pard chacun dans un camp diff駻ent et apr鑚 2 semaines, l置n n誕 rien vu et apr鑚 8 jours avait l弛pportunit de tirer en plus 1 駘and: alors qu段l en voyait beaucoup la premi鑽e semaine, il n弾n a plus vu ensuite et est donc revenu bredouille sauf les babouins pour appats.

L誕utre chasseur de l駮pard a vu 3 femelles diff駻entes mais pas de male: bredouille 馮alement.

Les deux autres chasseurs é¨aient ensemble: lç½®n confirm venait pour 駘and - lion: il a fait 駘and et un lion ç€èª•ppel dont j誕i vu la photo: une crini鑽e noire 駱aisse digne des plus beaux tanzanien quand celui qui l誕ccompagnait, il venait pour la premi鑽e fois en Afrique et ne chasserai que le buffle.

Il n誕vait pas d弾xp駻ience et passait directement du fusil la carabine sans s底tre entra? avant de partir!!! Bilan: une belle marque de lunette de tir sur le front, une dizaine de balles tir馥s, 2 buffles manqu駸, un buffle bless jamaetrouv?

Rien nå¼¾st donc acquis...

Armes: je suis parti avec une 375 HH BLASER R93 avec lunette S & B avec ré¨icule lumineux et balles Nosler Partition FEDERAL ainsi quç½®ne HEYM BIGBORE en 416 Rigby lunette SWAROSKI 1, 5/6et NORMA TXP: l誕n dernier je n誕vais pris que la 416 mais le ré¨icule lumineux est quand m麥e tré‘š utile pour les tirs en luminosit r馘uite (L駮pard Bongo), d誕utre part la blaser est beaucoup plus l馮鑽e et plus maniable. Cependant, j誕i pour le buffle beaucoup plus confiance en lå¼¾fficacit du 416 mais peut-黎re est-ce plus psychologique que r馥l mais la confiance est mon avis un atout majeur dans la ré¨ssite du tir. Cela vient aussi que lors de mon premier safari au B駭in, les guides et chasseur encensait le 416 et trouvait la 375 un peu limite dans certaine occasion. J誕i ce jour tir 6 buffles avec 6 balles avec ma 416 Rigby; Je cible et ré‘’le moi-m麥e mes lunettes et je tire plusieurs balles 100 m鑼res ceci 1 fois par semaine les 4 semaines avant mon d駱art.

Je n誕i tir qu置ne balle avec la 416, tout le reste la 375.

Pour ré¨ssir son safari: la premi鑽e chose: partir avec un guide que lå¼›n connait bien (soit soi m麥e soit par d誕utres chasseurs qui lå¼›nt pratiqu? et qui ne vous prom鈩era pas... Partir avec une organisation connue (qui a donc une r駱utation d馭endre).

- afin d底tre certain que les quotas existent!!! our pouvoir tirer l誕nimal convoit mais aussi et surtout rapatrier le troph馥.

- afin de pouvoir se faire d馘ommager en cas de probl鑪e et/ou 黎re soutenu en France en cas de probl鑪e politique ou autre dans le pays o vous allez, surtout en Afrique (il y a quelques jours un groupe de 5 chasseurs s弾st retrouv en slip par des coupeurs de route au S駭馮al en Casamance au camp du relais fleuri: on leur a tout pris: m麥e les armes). Je me souviens d置n forum o on disait en gros qu段l fallait 黎re d饕ile pour partir en RCA ces derni鑽es ann馥s, le risque existe effectivement de tomber sur les soudanais mais il faut rester prudent... Le risque Z駻o n弾xiste pas.

Partir avec ses armes, une bonne condition physique et un entra?ement au tir, car la taxe de tir reste tr鑚 am鑽e pour un animal bless non r馗up駻?

Il faut aussi, je pense avoir un peu d弾xp駻ience car rien n弾st inn et on apprend en faisant (pour corriger des erreurs, il faut les avoir faites).

Pour les safaris en zone ferm馥s (comme certaines zones de Namibie et RSA) ne pas h駸iter refuser un animal tir sur conseil du guide local alors qu段l ne correspond pas ce que vous aviez souhait au d駱art (animal trop jeune ou troph馥 trop petit)

Et surtout: le plus important avoir Saint HUBERT avec soi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeannaDost

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg