165.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.17.56 PM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.17.56 PM Large.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.17.58 PM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 12.17.58 PM Large.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 98
Deer, gator and pigs. Oh my

I lived in Port of Spain, Trinidad for 3-1/2 years back in the mid to late 1990s. I didn't do any hunting as firearms were difficult to have. I did enjoy some fun deep sea fishing trips though. Also saw many cayman around the golf course.

How is security?….. Trinidad & Tobago supplied more ISIS fighters (per capita) than any western country.

I wonder if UsFWS allows any of these to be imported? doubtful. Very interesting thread.

Iguana on the menu.
I can only imagine how hot it would be during their hunting season.

How is security?….. Trinidad & Tobago supplied more ISIS fighters (per capita) than any western country.
I wasn't aware of the ISIS statistic, interesting. There was a Islamic uprising in the early 90s that was squashed fairly quickly, but left most residents pretty uneasy. Police HQ got bombed and several people were killed.

Trinidad differs from most other Caribbean islands in that it has a large middle class and doesn't base its economy on tourism. It is resource rich, particularly with natural gas. Trinidad is a huge LNG exporter, as well as other natural gas derivative products (fertilzer, methanol, etc).

Just about all homes are surrounded by a brick wall and gated driveways. I worked for a major oil company and we had a security guard at our home 24/7. Private security is big business in developing countries, with every major building, grocery store, school, etc having private guards. I lived there 3-1/2 years and only had one petty theft from my backyard. We loved living there and my 4 daughters loved their school and everything about the assignment.

Funny story about when my wife and I went to Port of Spain for a pre-assignment visit. The company local rep took us around with a realtor to see some of the rental homes available. One house was quite nice and a good location, but the company rep was concerned about the wall along the backyard. She said our security chief would probably require some concertina wire be added to the back wall, due to it not being high enough. I looked at my wife and told her, "it's the little things that help make a house a home." She didn't laugh.

I lived in Jamaica for a cople of years and maintained a beach home there from 1985 until very recently. It has very good bird shooting but it is difficult for a non-citizen to obtain a gun license. I shot friends' guns and had a great time with doves and pigeons as well as sporting clays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!