Hunting The Royal Bengal Tiger : The Essentials

i,ll bet the officials issueing the DFO would do so very quickly if their children were the meal for a big cat. i watched a film from russia and big tigers trying to into homes to eat the people inside.

i,ll bet the officials issueing the DFO would do so very quickly if their children were the meal for a big cat. i watched a film from russia and big tigers trying to into homes to eat the people inside.
@leslie hetrick
This is quite true . Unfortunately , politicians and common sense do not mix . I personally believe that the Sundarban forest department should be possess the authority to decide whether or not a marauding Royal Bengal tiger should be dealt with , by way of lethal means . Politicians are not qualified for making these kinds of decisions , by sitting in their air conditioned offices and wearing their fancy suits and ties .

Is it true Professor, that man eating tigers will generally attack in the daytime, while a man eating leopard will only attack at night time? I read this in a Jim Corbett book the other night. I wonder if the Tigers May have changed their habits in the last 100 years.

In the last 48 years of my life , I have shot 11 marauding Royal Bengal tigers . And a few more which were shot prior to 1974 ( when hunting Royal Bengal tigers for sport became formally prohibited in Bangladesh, as per the Wildlife & Conservation Act - 1974 ) . These 11 marauders were shot under the authorization of the Sundarban Forest Department in the People’s Republic Of Bangladesh . I have put together this little guide today , which educates hunters how to contend with marauding Royal Bengal tigers . While I personally consider 11 to be quite a modest and unremarkable bag of Royal Bengal tigers and there are far more experienced gentlemen in the field of tiger hunting than I , I felt that some might find this to be an interesting read nevertheless .

Before we begin , I would like to give the customary prologue that all of the photographs used in this article are my personal photographs ( several of which have featured in my book which was published in 1999 ) . Thus , none of these photographs may be reproduced without my permission as I own exclusive rights to them .

View attachment 367342
A marauding Royal Bengal tiger shot by the author ( pictured ) with a .458 Winchester Magnum . 1976

Fascinating, Professor Mawla. Please keep these articles of your experiences coming.

What is the name of your book?

Is it true Professor, that man eating tigers will generally attack in the daytime, while a man eating leopard will only attack at night time? I read this in a Jim Corbett book the other night. I wonder if the Tigers May have changed their habits in the last 100 years.
@Wyatt Smith
This is 100 % true and even applicable today . I am often asked by apprentice Probem Animal Control Officers “ Are you more afraid of hunting Royal Bengal tigers during the daytime , or during nighttime ? “ . My answer is always , without hesitation “ Daytime “ . Upon hearing this , many question my assessment but I do believe that an explanation is in order . Suppose it is daytime , and a group of beaters have a Royal Bengal tiger surrounded for you . You approach the scene ; rifle in hand . The beaters point at the Royal Bengal tiger for you and ask you to shoot it . As soon as you make eye contact with the Royal Bengal tiger , it will ignore everyone else and attack you ( the person armed with the rifle ) right away .

This is strangely not the case , during nighttime . As a young man prior to 1974 ( when Royal Bengal tigers still had not been formally recognized as a legally protected species in Bangladesh ) , I used to spend my entire nights chasing and shooting Royal Bengal tigers in the Sundarban mangrove forests . On some occasions , I would see three Royal Bengal tigers lying down and I would shoot two of them to death at point blank range . The third one ( even after locking eyes with me ) would refrain from attacking me and would simply bound off into the foliage . For some reason , Royal Bengal tigers are far less aggressive during the nighttime than they are during the day .

I must stress one point , however . Even though a marauding Royal Bengal tiger shall invariably attack a human being during the daytime , it shall return to feed on a human corpse for the second time ; at night . As I have mentioned in this article , it takes a marauding Royal Bengal tiger two meals to complete feeding upon an adult human corpse .

Last edited:
Thank you for the writing. Amazing. Festooning the woods with human entrails has to be something a person doesn’t forget about very quickly.

Great article, Prof.
Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!