Hunting - The Key to Biodiversity Conservation in Africa

John Ledger

Reaction score
Member of
Columnist for African Hunting Gazette
Hunted
South Africa
Land use options are critical in determining the future of Africa's rich biodiversity and diverse habitats. As a life-long conservationist, and past Director of the Endangered Wildlife Trust (EWT) from 1985 to 2002, I have always seen sustainable utilisation of wildlife as one of the most powerful tools to protect habitats. All forms of wildlife use, from subsistence wildlife harvesting, sport hunting for own consumption and trophy hunting, help to make wildlife valuable, and provide incomes and livelihoods to the custodians of the land. Governments need to provide an enabling environment for the legitimate owners of wildlife, and protect them from those who would take away their assets. These include both wildlife thieves and those who use international treaties and conventions to deprive the legitimate custodians of the financial benefits that can be derived from a legal trade in wildlife products. I support hunting in every way that I can, and write a regular column for the African Hunting Gazette.

Welcome to AH John!

Welcome to AH John!

Welcome to AH

Welcome aboard John. My only question is what took you so long to get here? There is a great degree of diversity in the vocations of AH members. I don't recall very many writers though. From time to time you may giggle at our inept attempts at presenting both facts and or humor. In the end we are all hunters not grammarians. I'll be looking for your future posts.

Welcome

Welcome to AH sir. I do hope you will continue to share your insights and thoughts from time to time here on AH.

Welcome to AH John!

Hi John, welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!