Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana
Tanzania Update...

We are currently in full swing with our Africa season. The PH’s are still guiding hunts and tours throughout South Africa and the first dangerous game hunt of the year is almost complete. We have 4 camps up and running in Tanzania, it is a dry year and water in the bush is available but in smaller amounts than normal.

watermark.php

Dr. C and his wife have been in my main camp for 14 days so far, we are just finishing up lunch in the bush on their last day here before they fly out to their second and final area for their hunt.

watermark.php

During their time in Rungwa with me they have taken a huge East African Kudu, Lichtenstein’s Hartebeest, Oribi, Impala, Hyena, Sable and Leopard. The Kudu, Hartebeest, Oribi and Sable are all truly exceptional trophies.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

The Leopard is a huge Tom that we shot a few minutes after daylight after having him and a female on bait for 4 days (we had to avoid lions several times on this hunt and had a nice male steal the bait at one point – who says lions cant climb tree?). We had 3 male leopard on bait and 5 females, we saw many lions and wild dog as well as a host of other animals.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Tomorrow they head out for Masailand in search of Lessor Kudu and other Northern Species – they will have a great hunt!

watermark.php

I have a lion hunter coming in next followed by several other safaris. My hunting days will end in October but my guys will be hunting through the end of the season – we have a couple openings for Buffalo and then another in Massailand. Should you be interested please let us know – a message can be left for me at our office number in the states 573 587 1234 – please leave your name and phone number with the hunt you are interested in for 2015. Otherwise I look forward to talking with you all in a few months and sharing the rest of the seasons adventure on AH – Thanks.

Nathan Askew

Last edited by a moderator:
Nathan, great going buddy, your clients must be over the moon.

Green with envy!!

Wonderfully written and beautiful trophies. Wow. Thanks Nathan!

R.

Very nice trophies for sure.

Some great trophies and a good time...

Nathan, what do you find works best for leopard baits in your area?

Nice job Nathan.
That Leopard is a monster.

Love it, great pictures and write up. Thanks for sharing.

All great trophies ... I don't know if its a characteristic of an East African kudu, but love how he carries the mass all the way to the tips ... just looks mature ... got to get me one of those!!!!

Thanks for looking at the pictures. I just got out of our main camp in Tanzania and I am looking forward to getting home for a short break - 5 months of back to back adventures and good folks in camp has been great - but I am tired! More updates and pictures on the way.

Nathan, what do you find works best for leopard baits in your area?
Hey Simon - I will use about anything for bait. I think impala and warthog are best but I use it all! The more baits the better. I almost hung up an ostrich this year - not sure how that meat rots and may go off too quickly?
How is Mozambique going for you guys?

Nice job Nathan.
That Leopard is a monster.
Thanks - that was the second biggest of the season - I cant wait to get the big one up on the site!

Thanks for looking at the pictures. I just got out of our main camp in Tanzania and I am looking forward to getting home for a short break - 5 months of back to back adventures and good folks in camp has been great - but I am tired! More updates and pictures on the way.

Get home safe and have a rest. We'll be here waiting to see the pictures.

Hunting Tanzania Update #2 – Bullet Safaris – September 4, 2015

After taking his 3rd leopard the Cravens cleaned up in Massailand, taking all species in 6 days! Lessor Kudu, Grants, Tommys, Zebra, Wildebeest, East African Impala, Dik-dik, Warthog, and a BIG Buffalo.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

The next hunter was Gary and wife Glenda – for Lion. We shot a huge 8 year old lion mid way through the hunt. He also took a great buffalo and his second leopard with us.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

After Gary came an old friend Rudy from Minnesota. He shot everything he wanted including a huge leopard I scouted for him the year before. He also took Kudu, an exceptional Roan, and Sable…What a hunt.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Bob from Louisiana joined us next. He took his first buffalo and several other animals. We had 2 male leopard on bait and one in the camp. We failed to connect on the right cat during shooting hours until the last day; unfortunately he missed the shot on his leopard. He will be back in 2017 to hunt for another leopard.

Ronnie from Mississippi came into camp after several flight delays. Once he arrived things took off in a hurry with him taking the biggest leopard of the year on the second morning of his hunt. He also took an East African Kudu, Sable, Oribi, Dik-dik, Impala, Reedbuck and several other species.

watermark.php

We will be hunting through the end of the season here in TZ. October is good for Buffalo and late November to December is a great time to hunt the Northern Species/Massailand Area. Should you be interested in a hunt for next year for Lion, leopard or buffalo please let us know – a message can be left for me at our office number in the states +1 (573) 587-1234 – please leave your name and phone number.

I look forward to talking with you in a month and sharing the rest of our season’s adventures with you on AH – Thanks.

Professional Hunter
Nathan Askew

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Nathan, some great results up there...

Incredible Kudu...

All those cats are pretty impressive too.

Hi Guys - we are back in the USA!
We had a great season in TZ and RSA - great clients, old friends and the last real adventure on earth led to some great experiences that will be with us forever!
Life is short - get out there and chase your dream...
As usual a big shout out to the crew and supporters here at AH!

Bullet Safaris show schedule 2018:
DSC / Dallas: booth 720
HSC / Houston: booth 116
SCI / Vegas: booth 553 and 652
NRA / Dallas: booth 4926

See yall there - Nathan Askew 573 587 1234

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg