Hunting Tanzania... Kilombero Kronicles 10; Close Season!

Shallom

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunted
Tanzania, Germany, Austria, USA
No matter how tough a season is and how challenging business and operations become, there is nothing that compares to end of season - it is down right depressing and i am still lobbying to have an all-year round season or at least a 9-month season as it will only mean better management, more flexible calendar and more presence and protection in the concession along with better income generation to the government. The quota does not change anyhow, so what is the point of restricting the season to six months? In Tanzania, it just allows poachers more freedom and dubious government staff access to resources for all the wrong reasons! But policy is policy.

It has been a tough year with the economy and we have fallen short on our business projections, but hope for some kind of relief through our guests and government so that we can at least stay above the surface and continue the battles on behalf of the wildlife and wild habitats of Tanzania. We ask you to promote global concern for our hunting traditions and seek your support and solidarity in contributing to the conservation of wildlife around the world. Only with a combined and broad-minded mentality can we begin to protect our right to hunt and sustainably utilize our natural resources. Beware of falling into the politics, economics, greed and self serving agendas of man - it is our downfall. Look at the bigger picture and think about what is important to you and what impact you want to have on your world... now think of the consequences and consider what you are willing to do about it.

The issue is not WHERE you hunt, but how you hunt and what you are supporting as a result of your choice. Be it Mongolia, Tanzania, Zambia or Canada... hunting is a worldwide appeal and a right to every hunter. Just do it right and support the right cause. Do your bit to ensure that you are promoting a bright future for hunting and for generations of young hunters.

The Kilombero Kronicles will be back again next season. Happy New Year!

Attachments

• IMG_7215.JPG
    IMG_7215.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5124.JPG
    IMG_5124.JPG
    198.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6981.JPG
    IMG_6981.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3506.JPG
    IMG_3506.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 87
Ryan:

I really enjoy reading your accounts of hunting in the Kilombero. I hope that some day you will compile them into a book. I'll buy the first copy!

- browningbbr

bbr, that is a very humbing compliment - ahsante. I may attempt to do that when am less mobile and unable to indulge in field activities. I will remember to sign you the first copy. It will be no best seller though so don't fuel the anticipation. As we say in Tanzania... 'God Willing'. You are better off joining me for a hunt - it will happen sooner than a book!
Cheers,

Ryan, Thank you so much for this post! There are some very profound points that you make here, the most important of which is that we, as hunters, should carry with us a sense of responsibility for the choices that we make and as you said, do our bit to ensure that we are promoting a bright future for hunting and for generations of young hunters.

Ryan i believe you will come through these economic times fine anyone with your passion for hunting and your work ethics is bound to succeed!;)

Ryan, I always look forward to the next Kilombero Kronicle release! Just realized though that the hunting season is now closed for you in Tanzania, what a downer, we'll have to wait some time for more! That's one healthy looking boy, someone has been feeding him loads of buffalo meat. Best wishes.

Thanks guys... let's hope the months go fast and slow down again come July. Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross