Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe
It’s September. The grass is turning golden, the breeze has a bite. Geese are flocking up, gardens and wild berries are ripe for harvest. Elk are polishing their antlers and bugling challenges in the aspen groves. I love the opportunities and the clarity of purpose that this season offers. I’m sitting at my computer and my eyes wander up to this sculpture that my loving wife gave to me. I am a hunter. I identify with the wolves. Time to gather some good wild meat.
fullsizeoutput_1df7.jpeg

It’s September. The grass is turning golden, the breeze has a bite. Geese are flocking up, gardens and wild berries are ripe for harvest. Elk are polishing their antlers and bugling challenges in the aspen groves. I love the opportunities and the clarity of purpose that this season offers. I’m sitting at my computer and my eyes wander up to this sculpture that my loving wife gave to me. I am a hunter. I identify with the wolves. Time to gather some good wild meat.View attachment 365956
Sounds nice it’s September in Alabama and it’s 95 freaking degrees outside still haha.

Sounds nice it’s September in Alabama and it’s 95 freaking degrees outside still haha.

Yep, it’s this time of year I wish I was still back home!

Yep, it’s this time of year I wish I was still back home!

lit the border wasn’t closed Bill we’d be chasing big pheasants one of these weekends. There’s alot around this year.

Reactions: WAB
Good health, good hunting and stable winds for you Longwalker (y)

lit the border wasn’t closed Bill we’d be chasing big pheasants one of these weekends. There’s alot around this year.

Yep, instead I’ll be dove hunting tomorrow. We’ve got lots of birds but it’s 95 friggin degrees out!

Yep, instead I’ll be dove hunting tomorrow. We’ve got lots of birds but it’s 95 friggin degrees out!
Same here haha

The first time I hunted in Alberta was about 65 years ago and when I got there there was still ice on the Peace River.

Shot giant white tail, mule and moose, Took out a nice griz all on my relatives farm with a 30-06.

It’s September. The grass is turning golden, the breeze has a bite. Geese are flocking up, gardens and wild berries are ripe for harvest. Elk are polishing their antlers and bugling challenges in the aspen groves. I love the opportunities and the clarity of purpose that this season offers. I’m sitting at my computer and my eyes wander up to this sculpture that my loving wife gave to me. I am a hunter. I identify with the wolves. Time to gather some good wild meat.View attachment 365956
This just makes me smile and dance in anticipation of this years hunting season.:A Banana:

We Southerners will get them back in March and April during turkey season. The temps will be in the 60's and the wildflowers will be blooming and no snow on the ground.;)

The first time I hunted in Alberta was about 65 years ago and when I got there there was still ice on the Peace River.

Shot giant white tail, mule and moose, Took out a nice griz all on my relatives farm with a 30-06.
Just curious: you shot whitetail 65 years ago in the Peace River country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois