Hunting Safaris Photos GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS 2022

Loved seeing all the pictures of amazing animals and happy hunters with big smiles. I’ve started making my next “wish list”-keep up the great work!

Pardon my ignorance, but is that last pic a type of wildebeest? I love that color!! How common is that?

I believe it’s a golden wildebeest.

Some very impressive animals taken by all the 2022 hunters. @PARA45 certaining looked happy! And I bet @Tundra Tiger is viewing this with interest as he gets closer to his father/daughter hunt. Looking forward to seeing some of the early 2023 season results. Compliments to Colin, Wik and the entire @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS crew.
Thank you Dave! Was a great year and I have started posting 2023 aswell.

Thanks @PARA45. I absolutely love the color. Does a golden wildebeest command a golden trophy fee? I’m guessing it does.
Our trophy fee is $1900 for a Golden Wildebeest. Let me know if you are interested in hunting one and we can put something together for you :)

Loved seeing all the pictures of amazing animals and happy hunters with big smiles. I’ve started making my next “wish list”-keep up the great work!
What animals you thinking next John?
It Would be a difficult task to beat that East Cape Kudu from last year ;)

Great photos! Oscar - love the rifle!! And that last fellow's photos. Holy cow - congrats. And he must have waaaaaaaay deeper pockets than me. :ROFLMAO:
HAHA - the guy hates flying! So he tried to get as many as possible in 1 trip:D

Buffalo! Thinking we could spend a couple days for Vaalie and klipspringer, mtn reedbuck and we haven’t chased an ostrich yet. Would come to your place just to hunt another kudu, most fun thing I can think of!
But maybe another waterbuck, you know
I love those big guys. . .
Maybe one of those tiny blue duikers, or an oribi and definitely have caracal on license-!

Wik, here is my list. Kudu, Nyala, Sable. Or just do another spiral slam and include a sable as an add on. :) I had a blast hunting the mountains. I'll let you know towards the end of the year what are my plans. I am retiring next year (Feb or Mar), so this might play into my planning. I hope I could make it happen. (y)

Wik, here is my list. Kudu, Nyala, Sable. Or just do another spiral slam and include a sable as an add on. :) I had a blast hunting the mountains. I'll let you know towards the end of the year what are my plans. I am retiring next year (Feb or Mar), so this might play into my planning. I hope I could make it happen. (y)
Fantastic! let me know when you are ready to chat about the hunt! Awesome animals to hunt.
Enjoy the last year of work! Look forward to seeing you smoke that cigar celebrating a big kudu and Retirement - haha

With Wiks permission I will share my “crate” experience. Wiks taxidermist is close enough to visit. I have been in the taxidermy industry for over 30 years so we made a point of visiting his facility. Because of my connections here in the states I opted to just have dip, pack and ship done in South Africa.
I had the price sheets and there were no issues/surprises with time or money.
My importer insisted that the lechwe needed cites papers. Needed or not their position was that it was better to leave the crate in SA waiting for papers than ina storage unit in the states. Other than that piece of paper I could have had my box in November. Cites paper came with only a short wait and my crate then moved along quickly until last week I braved the spring snow squall the weatherman forgot to mention and picked up the crate. I was able to meet the ag agent doing the inspect and he had high praise for the size of the crate (small for12 animals), quality of packaging and above all he said the cleanliness of my warthog skull was one of the best he had ever seen.
will definitely use them again for dip and pack. Have heard horror stories of outrageous storage fees but experienced nothing unusual. My crate this trip was within $200 of my crate back in 2018 of similar size despite rampant inflation.
I left my four springboks, bushbuck and lechwe with Merlin Anderson and will have the rest done scattered over time and other taxidermists as funds allow. Was well pleased with all parties involved in this experience!
566BC2EB-9116-47E8-9B22-38526A146C03.jpeg

Wik training Leica on my warthog. She is all about the hunt, doesn’t want treats or her ears scratched-just wants to hunt!

Firebird, did they ever give you an explanation why they thought the lechwe needed CITES paperwork? I also have great confidence in Wics taxidermist.

According to google-lechwe are a cites protected animal. I was irritated that my importer failed to mention this until the crate was ready to ship. Apparently I am the only person in history that this has held up.
The issue was resolved between the exporter and importer. I asked both to hold off shipping until after the holiday season and then the earthquake in Turkey happened. Understandably Turkish air was used to move humans instead of cargo. I just took a deep breath, understood this was a small hurdle for me and an emergency for them and let the shipping parties do what they do. Patience will solve many issues. Wik and his taxidermist both offered assistance in resolving the issue and now that my trophies are decorating my basement, I’m grateful for all involved and their efforts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SungHiggin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg