prodgers

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunted
Tanzania, Cameroon, Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, New Zealand.
Good day everyone,

I would like to share a short clip with you all of a recent safari in Zambia that we filmed for a client. Also, I would like to let you know we have new rates for your 2017 Safari filming package. Our cameramen enjoy safari life and are experienced to film under the challenging conditions that Africa has to offer. We take pride in our work and the high standard we set can be seen throughout every aspect of our production process. Have your safari filmed professionally with us.

Quote will include:

• Filming by 1 of our experienced cameramen with a professional HD camcorder and equipment.
  • Field production of your video.
  • Creative editing with suitable maps, music and personalised graphics.
  • 2 DVD copies and 2 BluRay copies printed in hardcover.
  • Photos and iPad/phone friendly MP4 highlights clip.

Optional extras:

• Personalised hardcover photo book.
  • FedEx to your home address.
  • Drone usage for aerial footage.

Contact me directly for an all-inclusive quote for your next safari. Enjoy a short taste of Africa and go to our Vimeo channel to view more of our productions. Follow our endeavours on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/igalaproductions/.

Kind regards
Pierre

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 10.51.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Our representative will be at the following shows this year if any interested parties would like to meet up and discuss filming of their next safari.

Africa show Saskatoon 21-23 January.
Africa show Calgary 27-29 January
Las Vegas SCI 1-4 February.

Please contact me if your are interested in meeting.

Regards Pierre.

I watch our video that Pierre did for us all the time. It really was worth every penny. It's great to sit down and enjoy the memories of the greatest experience of my life all in living color. IGala does excellent work.

I have had a number of my safaris filmed, and they do provide great memories.

Having said that, video is a "nice to have", not a requirement. It may be that you'd rather take a second safari rather than film one, or take more or more expensive animals. These are the trade-offs that most of us will have to make when deciding whether to spend money on filming.

So it all comes down to price. And interestingly - at least to me - is that unlike safari outfitters, it seems that no video producers ever show prices on their websites. Nor do they show prices when they offer their services here (again, unlike safari operators).

Is there a reason for that?

I note that many on this site have said when they come across a safari site without prices, they move on. So, with respect, why should video operators be different?

Pierre, I took another look at my post. Please do not take this as a criticism of you, your company your work. That was not my intention. My post was intended as a general comment on safari videographers.

Your work looks great.

I have had a number of my safaris filmed, and they do provide great memories.

Having said that, video is a "nice to have", not a requirement. It may be that you'd rather take a second safari rather than film one, or take more or more expensive animals. These are the trade-offs that most of us will have to make when deciding whether to spend money on filming.

So it all comes down to price. And interestingly - at least to me - is that unlike safari outfitters, it seems that no video producers ever show prices on their websites. Nor do they show prices when they offer their services here (again, unlike safari operators).

Is there a reason for that?

I note that many on this site have said when they come across a safari site without prices, they move on. So, with respect, why should video operators be different?

Hi Hank, no offence taken whatsoever. It is a fair question. Yes, you are right it is an "optional extra" to a add to a safari. You could look at it that way, but at the same time you could also look at it in the sense that you will go home with only a few photos to show for your safari and have to wait up to a year for your trophies to arrive. Also, the finer details of a safari are forgotten over time, but when it is captured professionally you will be able to relive that safari over and over again. Having a professional cameraman allows the hunter to completely focus on the "once in a lifetime" safari and not worry about "will I have great photos to take back home or "how will I explain all of this to my friends and family". If its your only safari that you will go on then you can relive that safari unlimited times. I know many clients who have been to africa several times and had all of their safaris filmed. They are sitting with a library of hunts over the years that they can relive for decades to come. It is the finer details that one forgets over time and what better way to refresh the memory than with a high quality video.

As for the prices not being on the post, there are a number of variables such as when,where, special requests, drone footage, travel itinerary that are considered and included in the quote and I prefer to do an all-inclusive quote once I have all the details of the safari. I will be happy to send you our 2017 rates which will give you an idea of what the costs will be roughly. I hope this answers your question.

Kindest regards

I think filming your hunt and get pros to do it is an awesome idea.
I always try to film the shots of our clients ( amateur way) and they really apreciate it and they always go back home and share those moments with Friends and Family. So i find it very interesting. I have seeing few videos of Igala and they do very well.

Valid point brought up about publishing a price list. Perhaps a basic five day hunt in South Africa no drone use would give everyone an idea of where the pricing begins. Even at shows outfitters will have a sign up indicating the price of a special or the price of a low end hunt. My two cents worth.

Was nice to talk to you in Saskatoon, Pierre. Would have liked to talk a little more one on one, but kind of ran out of time.

Was nice to talk to you in Saskatoon, Pierre. Would have liked to talk a little more one on one, but kind of ran out of time.

It was great too meet you as well sir, although it was brief it was good. Would be great to do so again soon!

Valid point brought up about publishing a price list. Perhaps a basic five day hunt in South Africa no drone use would give everyone an idea of where the pricing begins. Even at shows outfitters will have a sign up indicating the price of a special or the price of a low end hunt. My two cents worth.
There a number of things that contribute to cost such as travel fees etc. Here is our 2017 filming rates pdf. Feel free to download the file and it will give you a good idea of the costs involved. Contact me directly for an all-inclusive filming quote.

Attachments

• 2017 Filming Rates.pdf
    423.4 KB · Views: 239
Thank you sir! Much appreciated!

Folks,
I would urge everyone to take a look at this. If you have ever considered using such a service but were afraid to ask how much???? You could do this and have a professional filming of your hunt to pass down to the next generation. Wish I had know about this prior to my Elephant hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross