Hunting Rhino

Discussion in 'Hunting Africa' started by Saul, May 21, 2019.

1. Saul

Saul AH Enthusiast

Hunted:
    USA, England, Hungary, Argentina
    For those of you who have had the opportunity to hunt rhino, how hard was it to get permits and to import it? I assume it is quite the expensive hunt, so was the experience worth the price? How does the hunt compare to the other big 5?

2. Saul

Saul AH Enthusiast

Hunted:
    USA, England, Hungary, Argentina
    Not sure if no one on here has hunted rhino or if they have but do not want to say publicly which I completely understand considering the constant attacks by antis. If you would rather message me directly I would appreciate that as I am very curious about this.

3. mark-hunter

mark-hunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
    There have been rhino hunting reports in hunt report section on the forum. Some have hunted.

Saul likes this.

4. LivingTheDream

LivingTheDream AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    @Saul I have darted a Rhino so I guess that kinda of counts. It was a very rewarding experience and I enjoyed it alot. It wasnt the hardest hunt, but it was a very intense hunt. Getting 14 yards to a Rhino with just a needle is kind of crazy. Being able to put your hands on Rhino is something magical. You can have a replica mount made and not worry about the permits. Definitely a cheaper alternative.

Saul likes this.

5. Timbo

Timbo AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BGRC PFRC & SSAA
    Hunted:
    Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia
    Are "dart hunts" still available? I've often wondered if after being darted so many times tbe rhinos become a tad addicted to it: and a bit like a junkie looking for their next hit? :LOL:

Saul and rpgoldsby like this.