Hunting Rhino

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
For those of you who have had the opportunity to hunt rhino, how hard was it to get permits and to import it? I assume it is quite the expensive hunt, so was the experience worth the price? How does the hunt compare to the other big 5?

Not sure if no one on here has hunted rhino or if they have but do not want to say publicly which I completely understand considering the constant attacks by antis. If you would rather message me directly I would appreciate that as I am very curious about this.

There have been rhino hunting reports in hunt report section on the forum. Some have hunted.

@Saul I have darted a Rhino so I guess that kinda of counts. It was a very rewarding experience and I enjoyed it alot. It wasnt the hardest hunt, but it was a very intense hunt. Getting 14 yards to a Rhino with just a needle is kind of crazy. Being able to put your hands on Rhino is something magical. You can have a replica mount made and not worry about the permits. Definitely a cheaper alternative.

@Saul I have darted a Rhino so I guess that kinda of counts. It was a very rewarding experience and I enjoyed it alot. It wasnt the hardest hunt, but it was a very intense hunt. Getting 14 yards to a Rhino with just a needle is kind of crazy. Being able to put your hands on Rhino is something magical. You can have a replica mount made and not worry about the permits. Definitely a cheaper alternative.
Are "dart hunts" still available? I've often wondered if after being darted so many times tbe rhinos become a tad addicted to it: and a bit like a junkie looking for their next hit? :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you