Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OJJF
Hunted
Norway, South Africa
Hi,

Maybe this has been discussed before and maybe there are lots of reason/laws I should know about this topic, but I will ask anyways. Why cant you have big game hunting on private land in Kenya, compared to a lot of the other countries like Botswana. Probably no more hunting on state ground, but private land is free to hunt still? Wouldn`t this be a good compromise. You still have the photo safari places (Masaii Mara), but again hunters can go back to another of the east africa countries:)? The first step to conservation through hunting in Kenya again after loosing almost all of their animals since 1977.

Why is a government doing things that do not make sense? Its popular!

Grab your shotgun and go bird hunting.

KWS | Licensing

"GAME BIRD SHOOTING (SPORT)
Game bird shooting is the only permissible form of sport hunting it is done both on designated bird shooting blocks and restricted private land."

they were going to open a trial area for hunting a few years ago after touring some of the southern countries on a fact finding mission, but the president of the time used his veto to stop it. a lot of money from the anti organisations goes to kenya and i wonder were some of it ended up..........also the newspapers at any mention of hunting start coming out with "big game hunting was only a sport for the white colonials" etc, so dont hold your breath.

Its really to bad. I dont get why people cant do what they please on privat land. I would go bird shooting, but much rather go big game hunting. Just for plains game would be a dream, its so expensive in Tanzania because you minimum have to get a buffalo package, event though you go for plains game. Hopefully they will come to their senses, but I dont believe it sadly. Thansk for the answers.

Its really to bad. I dont get why people cant do what they please on privat land. I would go bird shooting, but much rather go big game hunting. Just for plains game would be a dream, its so expensive in Tanzania because you minimum have to get a buffalo package, event though you go for plains game. Hopefully they will come to their senses, but I dont believe it sadly. Thansk for the answers.
I would quess that if you are a land owner in Kenya you can probably hunt anything there. You probably could also let other people hunt but I doubt if you could get any animals out of the country. Here in the US I own land if the fish and game said that big game hunting was going to be banned do you think I would feed another deer? I would get rid of the unprofitable animal and have more cattle. Maybe keep a few around for my own pleasure

I would quess that if you are a land owner in Kenya you can probably hunt anything there. You probably could also let other people hunt but I doubt if you could get any animals out of the country. Here in the US I own land if the fish and game said that big game hunting was going to be banned do you think I would feed another deer? I would get rid of the unprofitable animal and have more cattle. Maybe keep a few around for my own pleasure

the land owners either black or white are not allowed to kill any wild animals on their properties. there is no legal market for game meat or wildlife products. all consumptive use of wildlife in any way is illegal. this was brought in when hunting was banned in 1977 to stop poaching. as you might guess this was pushed by animal rights groups.if you have problem animals you must get kenya wildlife to sort if they are capable..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.