Hunting Limpopo and sight seeing info

clint21

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello,

I'm looking at doing a hunt in Limpopo next year if things work out. I have picked the outfitter i will do the hunt with but just would like more info on what else is there to do and see with the family.

I'd like to spend about 15 days in Africa including a 6-8 day hunt. Hunt for 3 days then do a family tour and split things up and so on. My list of animals will be a lot shorter now, mainly eland,bushbuck and nyala plus a couple others

Is it safe to bring the kids?
What else is there to do and see apart from Kruger?
Has anyone done the shark cage diving, who would you recommend?
Anything other recommendations would be appreciated,

Regards

My family consisting of 4 children ages 9-16 along with my wife and 82 yo mother hunted in June-July 2017. My three daughters and son hunted and rode and did everything I did. We did an elephant interaction that our PH set up. We cooked game animals and rice and fed a school of 300 students.. We were safe the whole time. Our PHs and hosts took great care of us!! I cannot recommend highly enough the value of taking your family!!

I’ve got a similar trip planned for April but ultimately ended up deciding to go to the eastern cape as I felt it would be a safer experience for the family.

My family consisting of 4 children ages 9-16 along with my wife and 82 yo mother hunted in June-July 2017. My three daughters and son hunted and rode and did everything I did. We did an elephant interaction that our PH set up. We cooked game animals and rice and fed a school of 300 students.. We were safe the whole time. Our PHs and hosts took great care of us!! I cannot recommend highly enough the value of taking your family!!

Thankyou for your time Slam8031, i would like the kids to experience the trip as much as i do but its still early in the research part. The school trip would be a good idea as it will show how lucky we are at home and would be an eye opener for the family especially the kids.

Did you do Kruger Park

Regards

Shark Cage diving in Limpopo?

Are you planning on driving yourself?

Shark Cage diving in Limpopo?

Are you planning on driving yourself?

Hello Brickburn,

Yeah that's my mistake we will fly to Cape Town to do the shark cage diving

Read the reviews on travel sites. Plenty of folks on trip advisor.
Read the folks who gave the 1/5 ratings to see the down side.
There are plenty offerings along the coast.

I skipped it after seeing that we would be floating beside the boat and you were packed in with a crowd.

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 10.44.46 PM.png

Hi Clint,
I definitely think your family would enjoy Kruger Park.
As for safety in general in South Africa the answer is yes, you and your family can travel safely and have an enjoyable visit. The choices you make anywhere, South Africa or South Carolina, determine your measure of safety. There are places I would never go and there are places I wouldn’t hesitate to go. Your PH should be able to adequately advise you. I would listen to his advice. There are places you do not want to be, especially after dark. Just like plenty of places in the U.S.
Here’s a link to a hunt report I posted a little while back that includes some info about Kruger and some other travel info.
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...an-excellent-hunt-with-numzaan-safaris.39575/
I hope you and the fam have a great trip! (y)

Hi Clint,
I definitely think your family would enjoy Kruger Park.
As for safety in general in South Africa the answer is yes, you and your family can travel safely and have an enjoyable visit. The choices you make anywhere, South Africa or South Carolina, determine your measure of safety. There are places I would never go and there are places I wouldn’t hesitate to go. Your PH should be able to adequately advise you. I would listen to his advice. There are places you do not want to be, especially after dark. Just like plenty of places in the U.S.
Here’s a link to a hunt report I posted a little while back that includes some info about Kruger and some other travel info.
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...an-excellent-hunt-with-numzaan-safaris.39575/
I hope you and the fam have a great trip! (y)

Thank you mate, look forward to reading your link

Hi Clint
A visit to a Private Game reserve part of the Greater Kruger is a must.
We are owners in Thornybush PNR and can help you with a short stay there. We can almost guarantee that you will see all of the big 5 at close range in a few days.

See Francois at Penquin tours. He will make all arrangements necessary for an outstanding touring experience. My family, (wife, daughter, mother, father and myself) We were with him July 2017 in SA, Kruger and Vic Falls. Multiple overnights at different locations, in country and international flights and moving between destinations. He exceeded expectations every step of the way and even afterwards. We were treated lime family. I will NEVER hesitate to recommend him and will secure his services on our next adventure.
penquintours.

We have not done Kruger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg