Hunting leopards using hound packs in Mozambique is forbidden from 2017 hunting season

Moved from Leopard Hunt With Hounds Special 2017: https://www.africahunting.com/threads/leopard-hunt-with-hounds-special-2017.34275/ to it's own thread by @AfricaHunting.com.

FYI. Hunting leopards using hound packs is forbidden from 2017 hunting. You should Contact the Mozambican authorities ANAC for further information.
Mikael Rein
Sport Hunting Advisor
ANAC, Maputo Mozambique

@Royal27 respectfully you miss my point.
First, The thread has already been moved from Simons thread. Please see above! And you are correct it had nothing to do with Simon's thread. Thanks to the moderator that's not a problem.....not in the hunting reports anymore.

This isn't a hunt report. This is unsubstantiated information being presented as fact that could have a negative impact on someone's business.

You're in the food business Charlie - if I posted something on the internet stating that your company had food poisoning issues without any documentation to back it up would you be OK with it staying up as a reminder that things are not as they seem?

If documentation is provided, then it should absolutely stay up. It hasn't been.

Second, Your point makes sense on one level but this whole thread so far rebukes this hack , Mikael Rein, and brings into question repeatedly his legitimacy to speak on behalf of the government he reports to be a part of. Indications are that he is not what he says he is but who knows.

Third, If in the future someone brought into question anything about TMS and Simon, one would be hard pressed to beat you or me to coming to his defense. I dare say others would be fast on the trigger as well. So far it doesn't sound like the guy has evidence to back up his claim and he may be spreading the same crap elsewhere as noted in the info from the Hunting Report.

Fourth, Another reason I say leave it up is because of the thrashing the guy is getting in this thread. I started to reply "go get him Royal" in the post where I said leave it up the first time. But I think everyone is doing a good job of that so far wouldn't you agree.
Now as you say if the guy can back up his claim then I was wrong about him and so were others. However, something just doesn't seem right about him and I don't think we are wrong. Note that he has not tried to rebut the research @BRICKBURN did on page one.

Last but not least if this guy is the fake he seems to be then we want his name here for future reference and rebuttal......just like the thread you went back and found on that operator going to the Salt Lake hunting shows jacking up people's hunts and holding their trophies for ransom. That long ago thread sure added ammunition to the claim of the more recent poster.

@Royal27 respectfully you miss my point.
First, The thread has already been moved from Simons thread. Please see above! And you are correct it had nothing to do with Simon's thread. Thanks to the moderator that's not a problem.....not in the hunting reports anymore.

I didn't miss your point Charlie. My point was that unsubstantiated "law" should not be spoken as truth and especially not without any proof. I know this isn't in hunt reports any longer. Thay doesnt mean that a lie cant damage business. I'm questioning this gentleman's motive. More so every minute he doesn't reply.

I don't think he is fake per say. I think he's a real anti hunter and as such as no place here, at least not when spreading falsehoods as he seems to be (again he should be able to substantiate what he says quite easily, if it is true).

We will just have to respectfully (as you said) disagree on this one. But if the OP doesn't provide some facts.... Facts he should have if he's speaking the truth.

Mr Rein is not fake. He's a consultant, how he's based his research is questionable, and I would truly like to see the data or research he has done. Saying videos on youtube of leopard hunting is damaging the hunting industry doesn't fly, the anti's hate everything about hunting and are going to chew at hunting one bit at a time.

This pretty much sums up my feelings of this jackass's post.
IMG_0336.JPG
He lost me as soon as he posted opinion based information as fact with the intent to harm a sponser in good standing. I don't know this guy and don't care to. As soon as someone posts something with intentions like that anything they say after that is complete BS wether it has merit or not.

Simon I trust your source on the 2017 legality of hunting with hounds. So I wonder why this man chose to say hunting with hounds would be banned from 2017?

Thanks Charlie, I have official confirmation. But don't want to go into it on public forum for reasons.

Good news Simon!

Thanks Pieter.

Simon I trust your source on the 2017 legality of hunting with hounds. So I wonder why this man chose to say hunting with hounds would be banned from 2017?

Charlie, Mozambique is a very "complicated" environment to operate in.
First language is Portuguese
They are attempting to develop policies and plans and they make heavy use of outside expertise, as many countries do. "Foreign Aid"

eg.
"After western powers, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank recently suspended financial aid to Mozambique, the country has now turned to China."
"The investment of US$6 billion in the Rovuma/Gauteng pipeline, the largest ever Chinese investment in Mozambique"

"In restructuring this debt at a time when the local currency, the metical, is weakening, total public debt should surpass 100 per cent of GDP by 2016, according to estimations by Fitch Ratings."

The agency to which Mr. Rein is apparently a consultant to ANAC & MOZBIO (everyone loves acronyms in Africa, get used to it)

"The legislative progress, the establishment of the Administração Nacional das Áreas de Conservação (ANAC) as an autonomous public agency tasked with the management of all conservation areas, and the establishment of the Foundation for the Conservation of Biodiversity (BioFund) under TFCA II now provides the institutional framework for long term management and sustainability of the conservation areas."
http://www.inatur.org.mz/eng/News/MOZBIO-PROJECT-MOZAMBIQUE-Process-Framework

http://www.biofund.org.mz/en/

Final Draft of the MOZBIO Project
attached PDF.

March 2015
"The Minister of Land, Environment and Rural Development, Celso Correia, launched Thursday the project MozBio, an initiative that aims to protect biodiversity in conservation areas in Mozambique.The project, valued at $ 46.3 million, is funded by the World Bank.

The first phase of the MozBio program will be implemented between 2015 and 2019, with World Bank funding valued at US $ 46.3 million. The initiative is expected to directly benefit a total of 20,000 families and Celso Correia ensures that everything will be done so that the initiative benefits the population living in and around the conservation areas.

The Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development has also ensured that there is work with neighboring countries to jointly protect cross-border conservation areas, such as South Africa, Tanzania, Swaziland and Zimbabwe."
Portuguese version
http://opais.sapo.mz/index.php/sociedade/45-sociedade/34930-celso-correia-lanca-moz-bio.html

Attachments

• MOZBIO - Process Framework- PF with Exec Sum Project.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
I realize it is Africa and all the stake holders don't have computers (yes I live in the 1st World) but it is quite cost effective to request feedback through online surveys. Mobile phones seem to have caught on quite well in Africa. You can even make an APP, as AH just did, to facilitate access for those who do not have a computer.

fisheries survey.jpg

Click on the link and you are sent to three different proposals for changes to fisheries management in various regions.
EVERYONE is allowed to offer input.

https://talkaep.alberta.ca/fisherie...a9b6a&elqaid=7926&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=13534

@BRICKBURN , just sent you PM, sorry was busy with trophies for next weeks shoot.

Thanks.
We need to invite the folks in Mocambique to participate here. :A Gathering: :A Type:

Wayne, I think people need to understand a lot of operators in Mozambique are Portuguese, don't speak English, they market Spain , Portugal, Brazil etc.....

I have informed other role players.

Apparently some EU countries don't consider hunting with dogs to be unethical.
DEER, MOOSE, ELK, BEARS, COUGAR, BOARS, BIRDS, etc.

SWEDEN

NORWAY

FINLAND

BULGARIA

CANADA

SIBERIA

GREENLAND

PORTUGAL

FRANCE
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-20704312

To date I have still not heard of where Mikael Rein had the official authority to post hunting leopards with hounds is illegal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie
He is an anti hunting consultant of some kind who hopes leopard hunting with dogs can be banned this year. He posted his hopes and really outed himself when Simon confirmed he has the right to hunt with hounds this year.
Regards
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross