Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, ATA, PITA, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF, QU & PU
Hunted
USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
I was walking down the street when I was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked me for a couple of dollars for dinner.

I took out my wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked,"If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"
1425579_595033573885348_499098067_n.jpg

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" I asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.."I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on hunting equipment?" I asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't gone hunting in 20 years!"

"Well," I said, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

I replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and hunting."

Attachments

• 1425579_595033573885348_499098067_n.jpg
    1425579_595033573885348_499098067_n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 121
Priceless!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Going to take this to heart!! A lesson for us all!!

It is a health risk to quit hunting and fishing.

Health benefits of hunting

There is much debate around the issues go hunting these days. This article will not address gun laws, but rather nutrition and health benefits view from the sport. First off, no other sport provides both a nutritional and physical benefit. Some may say that the sport of fishing provides a nutritional and physical benefit. If you are stream fishing and have to walk to the stream or river, than yes, that is both a physical and nutritional bonus. It is true that if you sit in a blind to hunt, you are not getting as much of a cardiovascular workout as those who walk the woods. Another form of hunting is trapping. Setting traps and checking them daily is no small task. Regardless of what you hunt, hunters are people in motion.

Hunters are busy preparing blinds, tending food plots, scouting the woods, target shooting and some even train dogs. Some hunters even cut-up and package their own game, which can take more than a few days to process. Hunting is a natural physical activity that can be done alone, with friends and or with family. Many hunters state that they were taught to hunt from a family member and enjoy the quality family-time that hunting provides.

Besides the physical benefits of walking the woods, hunting provides social-emotional health benefits. Many hunters feel that they receive a therapeutic/relaxed feeling when out hunting or enjoy the quality time that it provides to be with family and friends. Many enjoy the challenges that temperature, inclement weather and terrains can add to their hunting adventure. Adding to the intrigue, there are many new reality hunting, fishing and survival television shows depicting the same message.

The objective of hunting is to bring home game meat. Game meat generally is a lean protein. Venison (meat from deer) and elk meat both are low in fat. Game birds, such as partridge and pheasants and game such as rabbit all are lean meats, meaning they have less fat too.

The benefits of hunting sports are that they provide exercise, social and emotional health benefits and a nutritious, low-fat protein. Good luck to all the hunters and if you haven’t tried hunting, fishing or trapping sports, go out and enjoy what nature has to offer, the benefits are numerous!

Posted on December 3, 2012 Tracie Abram Michigan State University Extension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!