AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
LZS/ZLDGorenjske/LD Begunjscica
Hunted
Slovenia, Croatia, Austria
Lp!

As I said in my presentation, I come from Slovenia. I would like to introduce you to hunting in our country, hunting traditions and habits. You closer to our wildlife and way of hunting it. Well, all pretty slow because I do not speak English so well as you.

In Slovenia we do not know privat hunting, but the game managed hunting grounds of the family, which are societies. For the hunting we have a concession contract for a period of twenty years. The amount of concession fees is ten percent of the revenue generated by the sale of game meat. We pay it each year separately.

The hunter can become the eighteen years as soon as you can not get an arms license. The first is the trainee period, which lasts from one up to three years. Each trainee has a mentor. Mentor has made mentoring exam. After the preparatory period followed by the first family exam, and then state that consists of more than ten individual tests. State examination are also lectures.

So a few to start ...

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Lp!

Even the acquisition of weapons is not as straightforward as for example in America. Before the first acquisition of the weapon, you have to pass psychological and physical examination and a course on the safe handling of weapons. Then you pass the administrative unit's application for authorization to acquire arms. Even bullets can buy only if the dealer show weapon list.

Every hunter has a hunting card that is valid if it has affixed a label for the current year. Without this as irrelevant to hunt.

To control all that is in charge of hunting inspected, believe penalties are high and we keep the rules and laws.

A good old rhoe deer, taken by .270win...
watermark.php

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Janez,

Nice posts , thanks. Is it the same in Slovenia as it is in Poland that all hunters must belong to a certain hunting club ? Also each club has their own area's to hunt in with special tags per specie and year yes ?

regards.

Lp!

Under the new law of hunting is also a possibility that you are only a member of the Hunting Association of Slovenia. Only in this case they do not belong to the advantages we have as members of families. All you have to hunt in this case to pay, unless you're not invited. It is true that even you do not have any obligations, such as for example the compulsory work in the hunting area.

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Very neat to see a different way of hunting. In a round about way, that is the hunting we are headed to over here in the U.S. We do have public areas for hunting, but the best are private farms (at least for whitetails). These farms are well maintained to promote trophy quality and age structure. To hunt the farm you generally have to be a family member or close family friend that is willing to put in the time planting food plots, hanging tree stands, cutting brush, etc.

Hello Janez

My question is, can people from another country hunt in yours? and if so how would they go about it. Bob

Lp!

Very neat to see a different way of hunting. In a round about way, that is the hunting we are headed to over here in the U.S. We do have public areas for hunting, but the best are private farms (at least for whitetails). These farms are well maintained to promote trophy quality and age structure. To hunt the farm you generally have to be a family member or close family friend that is willing to put in the time planting food plots, hanging tree stands, cutting brush, etc.

Maybe we don`t understand. When I wrote "family" I dont mean Family like family. We tald societies- family, but this is not thrue family. Public areas are managed by guverment, thats are excelent hunting grounds but you must pay a trophy by a price list and whit you on a hunt is a profesional hunter employed by guverment. Thats men are PH on our way and I now a PH Lojz and he is the best. On his area I can hunt alone, because we are friends a long time and I now his area like my background.

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Lp!

Hello Janez

My question is, can people from another country hunt in yours? and if so how would they go about it. Bob

Of course you can. We are not a bananarepublic, we are a European country whit hunting tradicion and also a hunting turisem tradicion. I will post some links in next days...:smoking:

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Lp!

Happy New year to all members of forum and all Hunters of the world!!!

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

HAPPY NEW YEAR Janez as well as everyone else. Janez I don't know a lot about your country what is the major airport you would fly into in your contry. Bob

Lp!

Mouflon is also our big game hunting. Hunting it is very interesting because the mouflon is a cautious and vigilant animal.

watermark.php

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir, I would love to hunt Mouflon in 2011 and will be very happy if you could supply me with any information. I live in Scotland.
Best regards.

Lp!

Do you wont a information about hunt Mouflon in Slovenia or some averege information about spices and hunt on it?

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Lp!

This year was my son Boris, for the first time with me when I take, a game.

ogwhuq.jpg

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Attachments

• ogwhuq.jpg
    ogwhuq.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 690
Lp!

This year was my son Boris, for the first time with me when I take, a game.

ogwhuq.jpg

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Congrats to you and your son thats a very nice Roe deer makes me wish I was there.

Lp!

Thank you both. I hope that my son, really excited about hunting.

This male fox, I take, last Monday. Shot with .270 win, 8.4 grams H-mantel. Heavy, was 7.20 kg.

121q4wk.jpg

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Attachments

• 121q4wk.jpeg
    121q4wk.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 434
Lp!

Some chamois that I have, photographed last year.

33u2vxi.jpg

r1mlvn.jpg

504ab8.jpg

Lovski zdravo
Hunting hello
Janez L

Attachments

• 33u2vxi.jpeg
    33u2vxi.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 360
  • 504ab8.jpeg
    504ab8.jpeg
    218.1 KB · Views: 347
  • r1mlvn.jpeg
    r1mlvn.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 348
WOW! Janez you seem to be in all the right places I need to come hunt with you. Great photos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber