Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
DSC, NAPHA, SCI, Roland Ward Guild
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe
Hi Everyone!

Just out of curiosity, has anyone hunted around the safari areas surrounding Mana Pools in Zimbabwe? And what are your thoughts..... Wildlife numbers? Elephant and Buffalo size? Etc.

The areas around Mana Pools looks like a great hunting area, my personal beliefs, the best...

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Happy Hunting!!!:peace:

Hi Jacques, There are hunting areas surrounding the Mana pools area. They were originally set aside as citizen hunting areas, but a lot of SA operators buy the quotas and take their clients in there. As a Zimbo that doesn't sit well with me but corruption being what it is, it is done. Some nice trophies come out of there very year but no real exceptional jumbo...they are mostly Hwange NP side. It is a good Buff area. The Lion there are very forward and people are killed there from time to time in the camps.
We also use the Chimutsi dam site as the base for the proficiency exams held at the beginning of Oct each year.
Mana is an awesome place and there are people trying to develop the area with hotels etc and there is strong lobbying against that! It really is a last frontier of wilderness!

Did a canoe trail there a couple of years back with Nick and Linda Murray was awesome, hunting I could not tell you anything about but beautifull...... No doubts about that!

My best always...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,