Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, Namibia, Spain
There are very few posts on here about hunting in Russia and the few that are here are not very encouraging. The bears seem to be really nice animals, but the hunt itself typically did not go well. Has anyone been on a bear hunt in Russia (either Siberia or Kamchatka) that enjoyed the hunt? If so, who did you hunt with?

CountryLife from what I have heard your description of the hunts seems about par for the course.
Hopefully someone on here can give you some encouraging information.

I hunted Kamchatka spring of 2016. It was a great hunt for brown bear and the hunting was far better than my 2 previous attempts in Alaska (which were way more expensive and not successful), having said this you need to understand fully that hunting in Russia is very different. The travel is a killer, it takes a long time to finally get to camp. Russian food is not so great in my view. The Russian folks in hotels, customs, airports etc are in no hurry to help you out. You will need a ton of patience and then some when dealing with the mounds of paperwork and redundancy that goes with travel thru Russia. Even when you have everything in order and ready to go, it still is a long slow process to travel through Russia. I knew all of this going in as I was "warned" by previous clients however, the bear hunting and fishing were out of this world and I would do it 10 times over before doing another brown bear hunt in AK. A truly great adventure in very remote wilderness. Also very important to hunt with an American outfitter in my view. The Russian guides are good but they will try to pressure you into shooting. You need to stand your ground and only pull the trigger on a bear you will be happy with, there are many to choose from. It will cost a few bucks to get your hide and skull back, just like Africa, but my guys did a great job on both.
check the link below for a video of my hunt. On my trip 8 hunters in 2 camps took 10 bears (2 guys had 2 tags) by the end of day 4.
I hunted with Denny Geurink's outdoor adventures

Last edited:
There are very few posts on here about hunting in Russia and the few that are here are not very encouraging. The bears seem to be really nice animals, but the hunt itself typically did not go well. Has anyone been on a bear hunt in Russia (either Siberia or Kamchatka) that enjoyed the hunt? If so, who did you hunt with?

I've not hunted in Russia, can't even say it's on my list though the idea is intriguing. Serapa has a booking agent that also books hunts in Kamchatka. He has been on this hunt at least once and everything seemed good. If you'd like his contact information, let me know and I will PM it to you.

For transparency, I get nothing out of it if you decide to book with him. Just giving you another option.

I'd be interested in stories fron anyone that has hunted Siberian Roe.
A bucket list hunt but the vagueness over anything hunting in Russia is off putting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross