AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Houston Safari Club, SCI,NRA
Hunted
Alaska, Mexico, Inuvik NWT, Canada, Yukon, BC, Argentina, Limpopo, SA,Namibia, Africa
Gentleman,
I was in Limpopo SA a few weeks ago on my first safari. I must admit I am hooked on getting back in 2022. I will be attending the DSC in January but wanted to get a head start on PH's & Safari Companies to begin my search for Zambia. My primary species are Leopard,Hippo, & Buffalo. I would also like to add to my collect of plains game. All help is truly appreciated. I have see much discussion on hunts in 2015 and later. I would like some recent feedback from hunters who have hunted there recently if possible considering the Covid virus.

@spike.t, can you help this gentleman?

I hunted in early july with Johnny Duplooys/muchinga safaris - was a phenomenal trip - taking my best buffalo, hippo, croc, kafue lechwe, chobe bushbuck, roan, puku,spotted hyena and a maneating lion- also regrettably passed on a huge kudu. Am rebooked for leopard/elephant and the Bangwelou addon.

Eyedok,
Thank you for the info and I sent Johnny an email already. Where In Texas are you?
I made my first Safari trip about 3 weeks ago to Limpopo,SA. What a BLAST. Looking do do more either in Zambia or maybe Tanzania. Checking out both but thinking Zambia may be less expensive.
thanks again

I hunted in Zambia with Sarge Karim at Nyakolwe Game Reserve. Wes Hixon books hunts there and 9 other areas across Zambia. They have great success rates on Leopard. Nyakolwe has an abundance of plains game including a ton of Roan. Saw them ever day.

Excuse me. I meant to say we hunted the Nyamvu area. Nyakolwe is a neighboring area sharing a border with Nyamvu. I’m bad with place names….especially after my 2nd bourbon.

Look up Strang Middleton, heck of a PH and great guy with access to lots of nice areas. He will be in Dallas as well.

I hunted in early july with Johnny Duplooys/muchinga safaris - was a phenomenal trip - taking my best buffalo, hippo, croc, kafue lechwe, chobe bushbuck, roan, puku,spotted hyena and a maneating lion- also regrettably passed on a huge kudu. Am rebooked for leopard/elephant and the Bangwelou addon.
Please tell me you are writing a hunt report as we speak ;)

Try to find out who is operating in Chikwa and Lundu these days. These are the furthest North and very remote. Absolutely beautiful country.

It’s an amazing place. I hunted there a long time ago with an outfit that is still in operation. The place was amazing but the PH and safari company were horrible. PH wanted to shoot everything from the truck. Tons of hidden fees. Lion skin ruined. Many other trophies ruined or damaged by improper care

The next year the PH while hunting with a friend of mine shot and killed the wrong leopard when following up a leopard shot with a bow, and refused to acknowledge the mistake or allow the party to continue on the blood trail of the original leopard.
Send me a pm if you are interested in the details.

I’m looking to go back myself. I plan on talking to Jason Stone. I see his stuff on Facebook, and man has he been killing some awesome trophies in Zambia.

Reactions: WAB
I talked with Jason. He seems to run a first class operation in a great area. However, I think he sets the upper end of the price range for Zambia.

I think you'll really enjoy the Luangwa Valley. I did my hunt last year in August and did a review on it. Hope you find what you're looking for.

I am trying to locate Andrew Baldrey with Royal Kafue Safari. If anyone knows his email address I would a appreciate a shout. I have heard good things about him and his operation. Any feedback will be helpful.

I am trying to locate Andrew Baldrey with Royal Kafue Safari. If anyone knows his email address I would a appreciate a shout. I have heard good things about him and his operation. Any feedback will be helpful.
I will pm you it...he is actually sat next to me at our bar

Last edited:
Reactions: WAB
I love this site !!! I have gotten so many replies from so many great people. I wanted to thank you for all your help. Let everyone be safe and Blessed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannaStro

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,