Hunting in freezing weather

We had a uncovered box for a toilet at an elk camp in Montana. Due to snow, the seat was just an ice layer. It resulted in very fast seated sessions.
Buy some of that 1" foam insulation, cut the required hole, and use it as the seat. No matter how cold, when your butt hits the foam it is warm!

At my buddies camp his dad wanted to get the most use outta the outhouse hole that he could (old finlander), so during the summer we had the annual ritual of packing the outhouse pile down which involved a cedar pole, a mask and a lotta beers.

We had a uncovered box for a toilet at an elk camp in Montana. Due to snow, the seat was just an ice layer. It resulted in very fast seated sessions.
That's when you just hover.

@Newboomer
Why hover when you can own the experience with such clarity that over 20 years later it still brings back a feeling of pain?!

If you can drive to your location her is a nice solution to a lot of problems. Just dig a hole and place the chair over it, and if you are out in the open a news paper is nice to read as other vehicles pass by.

YBi1MtD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Newboomer
Why hover when you can own the experience with such clarity that over 20 years later it still brings back a feeling of pain?!
I grew up in such conditions and after a lifetime it still brings back vivid memories, very few of which are pleasant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you