AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hello,
I would like to plan a big game hunt in Hungary after a river cruise.
Can anyone comment on their experience with agent and their hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t help you other than to say these guys had a booth at DSC. Might look into reviews on them

Didn’t Red Leg post a trip report on Hungary?

I can’t comment on Hungary, but I will say hunting roe bucks in rut by spot and stalk is my favorite hunting of anywhere in world. What are you interested in hunting there?

I read your title TOTALLY wrong... I did not read the second word as a country, so I clicked on to see. :E Rofl:

I got nothing... best of wishes sir.

I read your title TOTALLY wrong... I did not read the second word as a country, so I clicked on to see. :E Rofl:

Technically you did read the title correctly lol. I’m sure many could add stories about hunting without food.

In my defense, I really like game meat, in my case mostly moose and caribou. It's a big part of my weekly diet, so I always feel like I am hunting hungry. I initially felt a keen connection to the author of the post.

Spent a lot of time in Hungary in 1998. Wasn't allow to hunt. But they have loads of different deer species including the big stags. Also lots of pigs and pheasants. You should have a great hunt, but will have find someone who actually hunted there to be a big help. Should make for a great hunting report. Good Luck.

Reactions: WAB
Feel free to PM me and I can pass you on the details of who I hunt Hungary with.

If you are in Hungary in September it will be the last month of the Roe bucks, the first month of the Red Stag season and Mouflon will be open also. Boar are open all year around.
The trophy fees for Red Stags can be somewhat eye watering. Mouflon are a beautiful animal. African Swine Fever has taken its toll on the wild boar population. All wild boar shot are incinerated last time I heard.
Hungary has great hunting traditions and respect is always shown to the fallen animals.

65EBBD7B-F38A-4C01-956C-6894DC4627B1.jpeg

Edited, so we can stay on the right subject.

September - hunting in Hungary = Roebucks are hard to hunt the don’t move a lot after their rut (= ends middle of August) and most of the roebucks are down (best hunting time for roebucks = 15.04. up to End of May and from 20.07. up to 10.08.)
Red stags are in rut up to 15-20. September but best time is in most areas the first week of September (but depending a lot to weather/temperature)
The rut of the fellow‘s starts End of September …
Wildboars - mostly hunted in September on smal feedingplaces In the last daylight or with moonlight (= not realy my hunt)
Mufflon you can hunt also in September.
If you need company- or outfitterinfo I can send you a few contact‘s
Alternativ is a Chamois hunt in Austria = some areas are easy to reach from Hungary (1/2 day drive)

Hungary is a great place for hunting European game (except chamois, mosse and bison) but a bit expensive. The hungarians (very friendly, I must say) will charge you with insurance (even if you are covered by the best in the world) hunting permit a.s.o.
Anyway, amomg several godd hunting agents, I suggest toget in touch with Lesli Club. The owner speaks half a dozen languages.
Let us know the results.
Take care of yourself.

Whatever you do, avoid going with 'Wonderhart'. A bit of googling will tell the tales.

Like this?

Nov 16, 2020
Just a heads up Wonderhart I believe are still offering driven Boar hunts and also hunts for deer in Hungary.
Myself and a group of other hunters from the UK booked a hunt with him a couple of years back , this was our third hunt with him.
When we got to the airport in Budapest we were told that the venue that we were supposed to go to had cancelled at the last minute and we were going to a different hunting ground.

We got to a lovely hunting lodge in an area that we had not hunted before (this hunting lodge owners and it’s staff went above and beyond to look after us when they new what had gone on) after we had dinner Tamas came to me and said that the original hunting ground had not returned his deposit so he was not able to pay the new hunting ground the deposit that was needed to enable us to hunt over the next two days.

He asked me if I could lend him money to pay the deposit so that he secure our hunt , as we had hunted with him on two previous occasions and had not had a problem I lent him 10K to ensure that we could all have the hunt that we had traveled to Hungary for.
This was all lies as he was in debt to other hunting clubs , he use our money, in excess 30K which was over 21k that we as a group had paid and my 10 K to pay some of his debt off .

I have spent considerable amount of money with my barrister pursuing him. All he has paid me back is around 2.5 K even though he has admitted that he owes us the whole amount.
He also stitched another group up that are taking him to court.

So please be aware he is seriously in debt and not well liked by his fellow countrymen .

DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH WONDERHART.

Tamas if you read this why don’t you call me and sort out how you are going to pay us back ?

Thats the o
Like this?

Nov 16, 2020
Just a heads up Wonderhart I believe are still offering driven Boar hunts and also hunts for deer in Hungary.
Myself and a group of other hunters from the UK booked a hunt with him a couple of years back , this was our third hunt with him.
When we got to the airport in Budapest we were told that the venue that we were supposed to go to had cancelled at the last minute and we were going to a different hunting ground.

We got to a lovely hunting lodge in an area that we had not hunted before (this hunting lodge owners and it’s staff went above and beyond to look after us when they new what had gone on) after we had dinner Tamas came to me and said that the original hunting ground had not returned his deposit so he was not able to pay the new hunting ground the deposit that was needed to enable us to hunt over the next two days.

He asked me if I could lend him money to pay the deposit so that he secure our hunt , as we had hunted with him on two previous occasions and had not had a problem I lent him 10K to ensure that we could all have the hunt that we had traveled to Hungary for.
This was all lies as he was in debt to other hunting clubs , he use our money, in excess 30K which was over 21k that we as a group had paid and my 10 K to pay some of his debt off .

I have spent considerable amount of money with my barrister pursuing him. All he has paid me back is around 2.5 K even though he has admitted that he owes us the whole amount.
He also stitched another group up that are taking him to court.

So please be aware he is seriously in debt and not well liked by his fellow countrymen .

DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING WITH WONDERHART.

Tamas if you read this why don’t you call me and sort out how you are going to pay us back ?
Thats the one

Hello,
I would like to plan a big game hunt in Hungary after a river cruise.
Can anyone comment on their experience with agent and their hunt.
I’ve hunted there for roebuck and boar. check out Pannovad which is run by Peter Horn and Toni Torok. Peter opened Hungary to western hunters. He’s a great guy and you will have a good hunt. Peter also has a book, Hunting Across the Danube, that details the great spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross