Hunting honey badger

Amon458

AH veteran
Reaction score
I really want to get one as a trophy but am having a hard time finding them on trophy fee lists is it something not regularly hunted or are they not allowed to be taken? I have mostly just looked at South Africa would you recommend a differnt county?

Thank you for your time.
Amon458

I think l read somewhere on here that they are a very limited quota animal , something one to each property , mainly up in the north .
p.m enysee , he was very fortunate to collect one this year , and will be a whole lot better informed than l.

@Amon458 , you can hunt them in SA, drop Bossie from Limpopo Big Game Safaris a PM, he seems to get them on bait, hope to get one for myself soon.

@Amon458 , you can hunt them in SA, drop Bossie from Limpopo Big Game Safaris a PM, he seems to get them on bait, hope to get one for myself soon.
Good advice, Bossie is the go to guy for honey badger.

It's a special hunt for sure, Bossie would be a good person to contact.

Anyone that is baiting for leopards is bound to have other predators in the area. A trail camera is helpful to know when they come in to the bait. I'd recommend the hunt to anyone, it's thrilling to get one.

I had the chance to take one with my bow in Namibia in 07 but the outfitter said he couldn't get a permit, so we just watched him on the bait. He came just before dark.

Anyone that is baiting for leopards is bound to have other predators in the area. A trail camera is helpful to know when they come in to the bait. I'd recommend the hunt to anyone, it's thrilling to get one.

I have plenty of trail cam pictures of Badgers/Ratels on the bait that showed up during my Leopard hunt.

Missed seeing one at mid day by fifteen minutes one day on the bait rounds.

One day.

I have plenty of trail cam pictures of Badgers/Ratels on the bait that showed up during my Leopard hunt.

Missed seeing one at mid day by fifteen minutes one day on the bait rounds.

One day.

And they can really mess you around on a leopard hunt!

JA Pietta I remeber you calling me and telling ma about your problem with the Badgers that took over your Leopard bait:E Laugh::A Shit::E Laugh:

Bossie dont suppose you have any on bait this time of the year:) May have a day or two open in early Feb before the next cleints fly in;)

Tokkie I don't have them on bait right now but by the time you want to come we will have them right there where we want them.
You see it's my turn to take the family on vacation:A Drive: so I don't have plenty of time to do the things I love so much :W Sniper:
But I will make it worth the trip for me as well :P Boat::P Fisherman::A Banana:
And then the wife:P Gorgeous: and kids :P Girl:will love :K Love Eyes: me again.

a MAN's GOT TO DO WHAT a MAN's GOT TO DO

HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE

I hear you Bossie, Louise is looking forward to 2 weeks in CT, I think I need to book a charter there too!Only 2 seasons in life, hunting and fishing season. Please say hello back home for me. Tight lines, catch a monster, hope to boat a Copper Steenbras or two in January in EC myself, keep my Old Man on his toes:Jimlad: He hates to boat a Mako or Raggie, I love catching them:Cigar:

I don't know much about the Ocean's fish but I think even if I catch a Baber, Brim or Black Bass it can work.:E Lol: I am not really a tight line guy so I bought some lures to see if anything might take that. Cast and real is something I can do:D Beers:

My son has one, a really cool full body mount. Great hunt for a youngster as you don't need a heavy recoiling rifle.

My outfitter (Namibia) had to apply for a special permit. If you want one, plan in advance and work out the permits ahead of time. It isn't an impulse buy!

If my wife's experience is any guide, the best way to find a honey badger is to set up a leopard blind.

Here's a photo
IMG_1287.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,