Hunting Hogs in the Swamp

Thanks for sharing!

Am I the only one who was hoping for a guy snorkeling in for the kill, bursting forth from under water, and stabbing the pig with a dive knife?

That definitely would be really cool! Might be possible too if you hide out in a pond during the summer and wait for them to their wallows but the water would be pretty dirty. I appreciate ya'll for watching!

One of the best things about hogs is that there is really no restriction on creativity when it comes to hunting them. My son started his hunting on hogs at age 7 with dogs and a spear, so I have a sweet spot for them. He's 13 now and we just finished up a red stag hunt in Patagonia.

Thanks for the video.

Some good eating there.

Thanks for the video.

Some good eating there.

Yes, we love it too.
This weight we are making mostly sausages from them and Leberkäs.
Do you must also examined the hog meat by a veterinary on Trichina and Becquerells in your country ?
Waidmannsheil
Foxi
Brezel + Sau.jpg

Love the way the rest of the pigs take off..

Yes, we love it too.
Do you must also examined the hog meat by a veterinary on Trichina and Becquerells in your country ?
Waidmannsheil
FoxiView attachment 40650

Thanks! That's a very cool picture!

Thankfully most of our hogs are pretty clean and free of diseases. We try to avoid shooting them in the warm months to avoid the meat spoiling before we can get it on ice. We smell the meat when we cut them open and we have yet to ever found one that is uneatable. We also make mainly sausage with them and also grind the hogs up with deer meat.

Yes, we love it too.
Waidmannsheil
FoxiView attachment 40650

Foxi,

Wild meat doesn't have to be checked by a vet in the USA. Were responsible for ourselves regarding the quality of the meat.

Old breading boars can have meat that is almost inedible. Not because it is bad, just because it is nasty.

i REALLY need to make it out for some hogs in the near future!

hopefully i can drag @Royal27 and @ActionBob with me for the fun.

thanks for the videos!

-matt

i REALLY need to make it out for some hogs in the near future!

hopefully i can drag @Royal27 and @ActionBob with me for the fun.

thanks for the videos!

-matt

Yeah, we're going to have to make this happen, even if 2016!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg