Hunting Hawaii

Mac Baren

Reaction score
I am going to be on the Big Island this winter and am interested in doing some hunting for Polynesian boar while there. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for guides, etc? I have been looking at the website for Nahele Outfitters and they both look like a good outfit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

I have hunted the Big Island twice with Hawaii Safaris https://hawaiisafaris.com for Black Hawaiian Sheep and Boar. Had a blast both times. Their hunting area is just outside of South Kona.

I am going to be on the Big Island this winter and am interested in doing some hunting for Polynesian boar while there. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for guides, etc? I have been looking at the website for Nahele Outfitters and they both look like a good outfit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

I hunted with Mike of Nahele Outfitters in June 2019 for a Vancouver bull. The hunt was amazing and rivaled my Australia experience for scrub bull. Mike runs a professional (family) operation and cares about his clients and the animals he hunts. I can’t wait to go back to the big island to hunt with him again! Next time for a Polynesian boar with dogs and a knife. I also hunted with another Hawaii- based outfitter (which will remain nameless). Let’s just say, never again.... It’s Nahele Outfitters all the way for me. I can not recommend them enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois