Hunting Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hunting USA & Canada' started by Mac Baren, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Mac Baren

Mac Baren New Member

I am going to be on the Big Island this winter and am interested in doing some hunting for Polynesian boar while there. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for guides, etc? I have been looking at the website for Nahele Outfitters and they both look like a good outfit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

2. Mekaniks

Mekaniks GOLD SUPPORTER AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI, South Africa- Northwest Province
    I have hunted the Big Island twice with Hawaii Safaris https://hawaiisafaris.com for Black Hawaiian Sheep and Boar. Had a blast both times. Their hunting area is just outside of South Kona.

Vanguard2279 and Bullthrower338 like this.

3. Tiger2001

Tiger2001 New Member

4. Tiger2001

Tiger2001 New Member

I hunted with Mike of Nahele Outfitters in June 2019 for a Vancouver bull. The hunt was amazing and rivaled my Australia experience for scrub bull. Mike runs a professional (family) operation and cares about his clients and the animals he hunts. I can’t wait to go back to the big island to hunt with him again! Next time for a Polynesian boar with dogs and a knife. I also hunted with another Hawaii- based outfitter (which will remain nameless). Let’s just say, never again.... It’s Nahele Outfitters all the way for me. I can not recommend them enough.