Hunting Hawaii

Mac Baren

Reaction score
I am going to be on the Big Island this winter and am interested in doing some hunting for Polynesian boar while there. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for guides, etc? I have been looking at the website for Nahele Outfitters and they both look like a good outfit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

I have hunted the Big Island twice with Hawaii Safaris https://hawaiisafaris.com for Black Hawaiian Sheep and Boar. Had a blast both times. Their hunting area is just outside of South Kona.

I am going to be on the Big Island this winter and am interested in doing some hunting for Polynesian boar while there. Does anyone have any advice/recommendations for guides, etc? I have been looking at the website for Nahele Outfitters and they both look like a good outfit. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

I hunted with Mike of Nahele Outfitters in June 2019 for a Vancouver bull. The hunt was amazing and rivaled my Australia experience for scrub bull. Mike runs a professional (family) operation and cares about his clients and the animals he hunts. I can’t wait to go back to the big island to hunt with him again! Next time for a Polynesian boar with dogs and a knife. I also hunted with another Hawaii- based outfitter (which will remain nameless). Let’s just say, never again.... It’s Nahele Outfitters all the way for me. I can not recommend them enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg