hunting film

Andrew Brown

Reaction score
Hey guys! Hope everyone is well.

I thought I would share my story in hopes that someone could point me in the right direction.

Growing up, my father was a hunting & fishing guide in Alaska. Some of my best memories as a child were with my dad on the boat or in the woods hunting deer & moose or trapping beaver. I have a passion for the great outdoors and I've teamed up with two colleagues in the film world. We want to do a documentary about how Africa's wildlife is Africa's top resource. I want to show the side of the argument that hunting equals conservation. We already interviewed Dr. Stuart Pimm at Duke University and he explained how responsible hunting in Africa has proven to work and help increase the endangered populations.

Here's how you can help. If any of you are taking a father/child trip next April-June, w would be willing to pay for the lodging costs if we could document how you were passing down the hunting tradition to your family. We are completely fine with not providing your last name in the documentary if you'd like. We are also spending a week in Kenya with anti-poaching units to show what things look like where a hunting ban is in place. We already have approval from a couple hunting safaris in southern Africa. Message me if interested. Thank you for considering...

also, my name is Andrew Brown - anybody know how I can edit my personal profile name? haha!

Andrew,

Sounds like a great project. I would offer one slight suggestion. Africa's people are her greatest resource ... from iniginous to colonial.

Agreed, Scott. That could be said about any nation. I work full time with a nonprofit in Kenya & have spent a lot of time working towards poverty alleviation. I think it goes without saying that humanity is Earth's greatest resource. That said, wildlife is Africa's greatest natural resource from an economic standpoint. Without safaris and wildlife in general, the economy in Africa would be devastated.

hi Andrew,

very interesting idea and I wish you all the best. Without hunting dollars to compete with the bribes from poachers I am not confident things will work well over there.

are you being sponsored or financed by any particular group?

pheroze

Andrew,

1) I work in education so saying things that go without saying is sorta my job! 2) If everybody thought the way you did ... there wouldn't be a need for the video. Good luck, sorry I won't be there to be in on the fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!