Hunting Farms Wanted

Discussion in 'Free Classifieds' started by Craigzilla, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Craigzilla

Craigzilla New Member

Hi all
    Im new here... I am not sure how this system works.
    I am looking for some farms where I Can bring normal middle-class hunters from europe to hunt birds and pigs. I have the PH, Outfitter, off shore companies all set up, I just need farms to shoot on!!
    Can anyone help?

My issue is that farmers are too expensive - why charge $500 for a vlakvark I usually pay R150 for???

The idea is to bring normal working class hunters here to have a normal hunt...

Thanks in advance
    Craig

2. Patrick R

Patrick R AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
    mmmm...interesting, locals pay R950-R1 800 for Warthog + day fees. Perhaps you already have your area to hunt for R150 per Warthog? If farmers are to expensive, who provides your Warthogs then?

2ndly you have to use PH's and Outfitters that are registered in all of SA provinces...or at least where your PH's are registered...you might be NOT USING the guy's you already have...

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    siml and Boela like this.

3. Boela

Boela AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Zululand Hunters & Conservation Association, South African Hunters Association, PHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, England, Wales, Austria, Swaziland, US: Idaho, Alaska
    R150 for a Warthog? You will not find that in KZN. If you are lucky you might find farmers in the Northern regions or Cape provinces where they will let you, as a close friend, shoot them as vermin if you know the landowner personally and very well.
    Finding willing, qualified and registered PH's to do the hunts with legally, will pose a problem in my humble opinion.

Good luck with your quest, I sincerely hope that someone is willing to help you.

4. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN AH ENABLER SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR LIFETIME TITANIUM BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
    Welcome to AH.
    You have bumped into the market for the "international" hunter.

I just read an economic report on Biltong hunting in SA and the results stated that prices for Biltong hunters had increased 30% over the last few years. Less trips, more expense was the result.

There are not a lot of "farmers" hanging out here. There are plenty of Outfitters and hunters.

Perhaps someone will see your search and help you out. Patrick is spot on with the local prices I have encountered.

5. peras

peras AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    PHASA HSC
    Hunted:
    South Africa,Zimbabwe,Mozambique
    +1

6. siml

siml AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    SOUTH AFRICA, BOTSWANA, NAMIBIA, ZIMBABWE, MOZAMBIQUE, ENGLAND, U.S.A
    You need to compare apples with apples. If you interested in birds, I have top wing shooting in the Free State. I look after my birds and if you want quality, you need to pay for it.