Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
I just looked at 14 draws I entered for this fall.

Can you day ZERO, NONE, NADA…:mad:

Truly, there were only two I expected.
Makes no sense when you have the priority points and get nothing.

Why do I like hunting in Africa again?

I expect zero results most years in the USA. Unless you are hunting a general tag or private land you can forget about it!
Yep, love Africa!

How many provinces were you butting in for Brick?

I got nada in Sk, and I don't think I had any in AB this year.

Are you sure you weren't looking at my results? I didn't get drawn either. I guess whitetail is on the menu for this year.

-John

Rather than spending money on licenses/drawings/tags, I put that money in the 'next African safari' piggy bank.

Sorry brick. Just come down to oklahoma where all tags except antelope are over the counter. Even elk and bear are otc except on quota. Not all things are perfect here but sometimes i forget how fortunate I am. P.m. me if you are coming through and I'll point you to something to shoot. Our whitetail harvest is about 100k annual but needs to be about 200k for acouple of years. Had 3 hit by cars this month in front of my house. Much rather a hunter than a bumper!!!

That's just sad. No it's an excuse to head to Africa. Smiles all around.

Goose egg for me this year too (Idaho, Utah & Wyoming). Used up all my luck the last two years. Idaho Unit 1 moose two years ago and Idaho Big Horn Sheep last year. So I have zero room to complain :D

Only one province gets my money. That is bad enough.

There are OTC tags to buy here.
Hunting those darned Whitetails is always open. Most areas still have plenty.
I'll pick up the bow and focus on that. It's still pretty open.

Next year country.

Africa is so darned easy though.

I submit upwards of 50 apps every year and don't draw most years, but I am shooting for the top units in each state in the US.

Over the years, it has become a quite addictive habit of mine. I say it's my form of gambling, but it really isn't all that costly, especially when one weighs in the true value of drawing one of the top hunts in the nation.

Access to Africa certainly takes the edge off of a fellows need to draw a tag!

Hey Brickburn,
Looks like whitetail for me as well, oh well, I've already booked my second safari to South Africa for next year. That'll keep me going. Plus my trophies from my Safari in 2012 just arrived on Monday! so all and all I can't complain too much.

Yes sir, good to have another trip booked.

Share those trophy pictures with us.

No luck for me in Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, Oklahoma or Wyoming. I drew a Sept bear tag and Dec. antelope doe tag here in Colorado missing out on elk, mule deer, sheep, goat, moose and turkey.

So, it's another trip to Oklahoma to take out a couple does on the old dairy.

At least I spent 14 days hunting in South Africa in June!

Last edited:
Nada for me but then again I mostly put in for priority points only.
Probably chase a moose with bow the last week of season and then whitetails in November. Not sure ill even be able to get any sheep hunting in.

Nada for me but then again I mostly put in for priority points only.
Probably chase a moose with bow the last week of season and then whitetails in November. Not sure ill even be able to get any sheep hunting in.

I can echo that sentiment.

Man Brick...that sux. I got my first choice for elk and speed goat here in Wyoming :)
I can't wait for fall. Not to mention , I leave on Sunday for Zimbabwe.
Wyoming usually has some leftover tags in some pretty good units. Come on down...

Congratulations on that Elk tag. That will be fun.
I may take you up on that Antelope hunt one day. Thanks.
When I hunted Sage Grouse in Wyoming I saw an Antelope on an irrigation pivot from a mile and his horns were visible. I have never seen anything like that before or after.

have my bear hunt in Aug, moose in Sept then deer, having to give up the moose hunt next year for the Africa trip
i might apply for Kansas next fall as well, am working fairly close but this spring i was more focused on work than applying for tags, even contemplated moving to Kansas so i could get the resident tags vs the draw lol

I got a buck and doe tag for Wyoming in October and a deer/duck hunt in Alaska planned for November and next spring was planning a trip to New Zealand. But now they found a mass in my right lung and with my history of cancer they want to check it out, but my damn insurance company wants to review my case to see if they will pay for the test. Can you believe that crap. I notified all my outfitters and they all agreed to put everything on hold for me till I find out what's going on.

The Kansas tag is easy to draw, you just need to have a place to hunt.

Iowa is a lot harder to draw, again you need access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,