Hunting Days India

Discussion in 'Hunting Asia & Middle East' started by monish, Jun 1, 2010.

1. NitroX

NitroX AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, ADA, SSAA, BGRC, SAFGA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Australia, New Zealand, England, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden,
    BTW that image is one I photocopied from a family's private history book and later scanned the photocopy to post on the net along with lots of other Indian and Asian hunting photos. They seem to pop up here and there in 'collections' occasionally. I know where it and many others have come from because that one in particular is unique. ;)

2. bluey

bluey AH ENABLER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers SFP
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)zambia
    once you post a picture on the net , its like a feather in the breeze ...........

3. NitroX

NitroX AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, ADA, SSAA, BGRC, SAFGA
    Hunted:
    Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, Australia, New Zealand, England, Denmark, Germany, Norway, Sweden,
    True. Always polite to post a credit or acknowledgement when one is known.

The photo scan was once pinched by a "page" on the greatest photo stealing site that exists ie "Facebook". Along with a lot of other images. Facebook where huge whole profiles and pages exist almost entirely without little original content, and usually with no credit to the creators. Using almost entirely stolen images. Facebook cares little about it and probably likes it as they can then sell any images that are posted to FB.

4. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

I talked to my mom about the idea of re legalizing sport hunting in India. Her response was that wildlife would be gone in a snap. I explained to her the benefits of controlled hunting and how it worked wonders with places like Namibia. She then said that hunters aren't her problem, it's just that she has absolutely NO trust of India's governing body. For those who don't know my mom, she spent a large part of her childhood in India (she's of Rajasthani heritage) and in the later years (during the 80's), thanks to government turmoil and dangerous riots, she then proceeded to move to America, get a graduate degree, get invited to a birthday party by a friend, fall in love with the man having the party, marry him, and have my older brother and I.

5. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com AH ENABLER FOUNDER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    jeff likes this.

6. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    I would have been something amazing to live and hunt in that bye gone era! Imagine stalking a tiger!

7. Clayton

Clayton AH Fanatic

Member of:
    NRA: Patriot Life Endowment Member, 2nd Amendment Foundation: Life Member LA Shooting Association: Life Member, Gun Owners of America: Annual Member SW LA Rifle & Pistol Club: Annual Member
    The world was a different place back then.

8. Marshall T Farr

Marshall T Farr AH Member

Hunted:
    Canada , Australia
    My thoughts exactly @Red Leg..........Corbett's works are classics and show great examples of some horrific man eating tiger's and leopards from that time

9. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    I love the old photos and stories!