Hunting Daily Fees

It all comes down to what you want out of your Safari, most outfitters can offer you more than one option if you just ask the question. Have a look at the packages, they are usually great for a first time Safari and this can give you a feel of what to expect.

champagne taste,beer pocket book,dont cut it.

As a small business owner, I look at my daily operations cost, and wonder how some places can be doing it so cheap... Yes! I'm sure you'd be happy to charge me more!

Not directed at the OP, just speaking about business in general and what I've read and seen myself...

Cost of doing business is completely missuderdsood by most consumers. When providing a top quality product or service, many don't seem to focus on the price much once they see the top shelf product. They see the product and don't mind the price. Many will shop for the best value per dollar, and will purchase there. I think most fall in this category. I've found a small margin that don't seem to understand, "my cost+ profit margin= your cost." And it doesn't get any cheaper than that.

As a small business owner, I look at my daily operations cost, and wonder how some places can be doing it so cheap... Yes! I'm sure you'd be happy to charge me more!

Not directed at the OP, just speaking about business in general and what I've read and seen myself...

Cost of doing business is completely missuderdsood by most consumers. When providing a top quality product or service, many don't seem to focus on the price much once they see the top shelf product. They see the product and don't mind the price. Many will shop for the best value per dollar, and will purchase there. I think most fall in this category. I've found a small margin that don't seem to understand, "my cost+ profit margin= your cost." And it doesn't get any cheaper than that.
You are exactly right. While all good outfitters try hard to keep costs down and pass that on to clients at the end of the day we all have to make money doing it or we simply cannot continue to do it. I'd love to take the whole world hunting with me but in the end I have to run a business. I can assure you no one gets rich off of being an outfitter. We do it because we love it but still have to make money to be able to keep doing it.

This is what I see a lot of:

Both companies in South Africa the same distance from the airport with the same grade of accommodations.

Company A
7 day package
impala
warthog
springbok
steenbok
$4,200

Company B
7 day package
impala
warthog
gemsbok
kudu
$4,200

I know some people want to hunt different animals. I know there a lot of variables that go into pricing but jesus example A, give me a reason to pick you. :A Outta:

Last edited:
@curtism1234 sometimes there are no discernible differences. In RSA most of the outfits are pretty similar, its a good idea to meet the owner or the PH and make sure you like them. Nothing worse than spending a week with someone you hate.

Also the animal quality has something to do with price. I won't pay as much for EC kudu as I would for a southern greater, the same for springbok in the EC as opposed to a Kalahari springbok for a couple of examples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.