Hunting Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley

A pleasure to read through.

Great story and kind of wondering the same thing.

Also, the post by @Happy Myles contains a great deal of truth and wisdom. Once in a while I have returned to a place that was special and extraordinary the first time, only to find disappointment during the return visit. Doesn't happen always but just enough to cause worry. And coincidentally, I visited and hunted the Luangwa Valley years ago in the area described in the article. It was magic. I am afraid of repeating that trip in that same area and trying to recapture something that may be impossible to recapture. I would prefer to preserve that experience in my memory just the way it was. Could be one of the main reasons for trying to go to different locations or countries each time. Maybe a subconscious avoidance behavior??

That stretch of the Luangwa seems to have a large number of big crocs. I did not try one of the mokoros while there. Some looked OK but some looked more like top water baits for crocs. I think the morality rate for the fishermen in that area may be higher than average. Common to see them out in the river at night woking their nets and calling crocs.- no thanks...
There is nothing quite like spending hours/days in a makoro amongst the hippo, crocs and other lurking critters that will make one more appreciate one word: freeboard!(y):A Banana:

Spike,
I agree. Everyone should visit the Luangwa once in there lives. I say this with confidence from experience gained from decades adventuring all over the African continent. I am now an old man and do not regret a moment or money spent on countless safari. Kindest Regards

Just sat having a gin and tonic looking at old posts...and yes they should..but soon ..as all is changing very fast....and I raise my G&T to your past travels and hunts... :D Beers:....shit just poured myself another bombay as I was typing...then when finished forgot I hadn't added the tonic... :X3: ..so to save on the bombay spat it back and added tonic....have to keep an eye on the level that's left when it's a few hours to the bottle store...:E Shrug::E Doh::E Rofl::D Beers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!