Hunting Attire for Women

Gloves, hand warmers, jackets....all good. But I find two other things absolutely critical: (1) a hat (most your heat is lost through the head); (2) constantly snacking (food is fuel is warmth).

Gloves, hand warmers, jackets....all good. But I find two other things absolutely critical: (1) a hat (most your heat is lost through the head); (2) constantly snacking (food is fuel is warmth).

I have the good hat thing covered. That was a priority for my first trip back in June.

85C34591-21C0-4C6D-8536-0683783CACE4.jpeg

Attachments

• Screenshot (477).png
    Screenshot (477).png
    286.1 KB · Views: 242
Last edited by a moderator:
NurseFet, the thing to remember about cold weather gear and hunting in Africa is that by 10:00 it is generally much warmer and you need to shed some of it to stay comfortable. Soooo you need to add a roomy backpack to keep all of your "goodies" corralled.

Not knowing where you are hunting and when I can recommend Sitka for cold weather gear especially gloves. For most hunting in Africa the typical layering does not work. You want a heavy coat for morning especially if in open air vehicle and then things can really warm up. Shed the coat into some normal hunting clothes and you are off. Having the right clothes is important so best of luck.
Philip

Merino wool as a base layer is great. There are also Merino gloves that you can get. KUIU, Sitka, Badlands, and First Lite have great stuff. Check out their web sites, and compare. Like someone said, Camofire is a great place to buy discounted hunting gear. I've purchase some Sitka & First Lite stuff there at ridiculous low prices. With hunting season being over, keep an eye for clearance sales.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up buying.

I’ve heard the rumors, but I’ve never actually seen the deer costume pics.
Antelope... well now, that is another matter! :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 269479

I’m sorry Cody! Truly I am. But you know if I didn’t do it Royal would have! Or Tim, or Bob, or... :ROFLMAO:
It really is one of your better photos, although it wasn’t taken from your good side.

Teach me to read all the way through.......:ROFLMAO:

Seen some great camo g-strings and babydolls at sci........:E Big Grin::A Outta:
What do you think @IdaRam is getting in the mail? It just won’t be anywhere close to Maddy’s size! Lol

I went to SA in May 2014 ,When hunting I wore a long sleeve shirt pants my Safari vest and a baseball cap. I did not feel cold in the mornings or hot in the afternoons. It's possible that adrenalin may have helped with the cold mornings

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ekaterina Lobach North Fork Bullets

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!