Hunters Become Hunted During A Cape Buffalo Hunt

I think you're missing the point as to why it was posted. I promise you it wasn't posted to be viewed as a hunting promotional video. We cannot ignore the ugly side of the industry. Due to this, I absolutely think this video has a place here, as much as the video itself turns my stomach.
You are right. Thanks for saying it. I over reacted and spoke before I read the whole post and got the drift of things. . Brian

I think you're missing the point as to why it was posted. I promise you it wasn't posted to be viewed as a hunting promotional video. We cannot ignore the ugly side of the industry. Due to this, I absolutely think this video has a place here, as much as the video itself turns my stomach.

Hello Again Royal27. I just now gave the post another quick look and didn't see any explanation, as you wrote well in this post, explaining the purpose of running the video. It looks like some people are taking it in a similar vein as I took it. I wonder how our critics will see it. Brian
PS Please don't be offended by my response. I might be having a "Bad Hair" morning. I have gotten myself in trouble elsewhere in AH about knife sharpening too. I am will take my medication and try to simmer down. Cheers, Brian

Hello Again Royal27. I just now gave the post another quick look and didn't see any explanation, as you wrote well in this post, explaining the purpose of running the video. It looks like some people are taking it in a similar vein as I took it. I wonder how our critics will see it. Brian
PS Please don't be offended by my response. I might be having a "Bad Hair" morning. I have gotten myself in trouble elsewhere in AH about knife sharpening too. I am will take my medication and try to simmer down. Cheers, Brian

No worries. I'll give you my two cents, although I certainly can't and won't speak for Jerome.

One of the many things that AH is really good about is letting the members voice their own opinions. It is a place for information to be shared in a neutral matter, as in this case. Jerome didn't feel the need to make comments on this video (or most videos and articles he posts). The video speaks for itself, in my opinion.

Critics will see it how they see it, regardless of what comments were put up. To me though, the real power is in getting the unasked for comments that you've seen. True hunters calling strongly voicing their dismay at something that is being represented as hunting, when it is not.

No worries. I'll give you my two cents, although I certainly can't and won't speak for Jerome.

One of the many things that AH is really good about is letting the members voice their own opinions. It is a place for information to be shared in a neutral matter, as in this case. Jerome didn't feel the need to make comments on this video (or most videos and articles he posts). The video speaks for itself, in my opinion.

Critics will see it how they see it, regardless of what comments were put up. To me though, the real power is in getting the unasked for comments that you've seen. True hunters calling strongly voicing their dismay at something that is being represented as hunting, when it is not.
I didn't realize that Jerome posted this without any explanation. Interesting.

"Critics will see it how they see it, ...." Don't you think that we should be descerning/wise in what we portray? Put our best foot forward? Simple marketing - right. This is a public website.

This is all a bit off-tone for me. It goes without saying that we need to be wise with what we put out there in the world. There is a lot at stake. I will have to go back to my original point of view. Putting that video, with no explanation, on a site that I am associated with, does not please me. I think that an explanation would be appropriate. Brian

Don't you think that we should be descerning/wise in what we portray? Put our best foot forward? Simple marketing - right.

In what we portray, absolutely. I didn't see anything portraying this in a positive light though? To me a poor portrayal would have been a member posting this video while talking about their awesome and dangerous hunt and then others saying how cool it is. That isn't what happened here. Again, just my opinion.

In what we portray, absolutely. I didn't see anything portraying this in a positive light though? To me a poor portrayal would have been a member posting this video while talking about their awesome and dangerous hunt and then others saying how cool it is. That isn't what happened here. Again, just my opinion.
Listen to the dialogue, They are talking like they are big heroes. I give up. You and I are different. Brian

Listen to the dialogue, They are talking like they are big heroes. I give up. You and I are different. Brian

They are talking like that, I agree. What I don't agree with is the premise that by this video being linked that the site, or its members, support the content. To me it is pretty clear that is not the case.

We will have to agree to disagree on this point.

They are talking like that, I agree. What I don't agree with is the premise that by this video being linked that the site, or its members, support the content. To me it is pretty clear that is not the case.

We will have to agree to disagree on this point.
I don't want videos like that, posted without an explanation on a public site that I am associated with. The public just sees the video and will never dig their way through the site to find the members comments. We hunters are our own worst enimies as far as dealing with public oposition to the sport is concerned.

This is an example of how we don't take enough care with our image. It's simple marketing.

The anti -hunters are using every marketing trick in the book while we hunters keep falling on our own swords.
Why should I, a new member, have to explain these simple truths to you guys. I am beginning to remember why I never join these sites.

Jerome, you posted this video, right. Please explain why, Brian

I don't want videos like that, posted without an explanation on a public site that I am associated with. The public just sees the video and will never dig their way through the site to find the members comments. We hunters are our own worst enimies as far as dealing with public oposition to the sport is concerned.

This is an example of how we don't take enough care with our image. It's simple marketing.

The anti -hunters are using every marketing trick in the book while we hunters keep falling on our own swords.
Why should I, a new member, have to explain these simple truths to you guys. I am beginning to remember why I never join these sites.

Jerome, you posted this video, right. Please explain why, Brian

Linking to or posting content on AH does not mean that I endorse nor support any of it. I as well as other members of this community bring information and content to this site as a mean to educate others or purely as a point to start a discussion and sometimes just for entertainment.

AfricaHunting.com has never been about me, and most of the time I do not offer my opinion as to not set a certain tone or dictate the atmosphere of this site.

Brian, I purposefully did not post any comment on this video for members to have the opportunity to express their own point of view.

Linking to or posting content on AH does not mean that I endorse nor support any of it. I as well as other members of this community bring information and content to this site as a mean to educate others or purely as a point to start a discussion and sometimes just for entertainment.

AfricaHunting.com has never been about me, and most of the time I do not offer my opinion as to not set a certain tone or dictate the atmosphere of this site.

Brian, I purposefully did not post any comment on this video for members to have the opportunity to express their own point of view.
Poor judgement, I think. I don't want to be associated with it. Brian

There have been pictures posted of rhinos that have been poached but that doesn't mean we support poaching. We see the good the bad and the ugly to stay informed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.