HUNTER: The True Conservationist

What great timing! I am sitting here this morning with 25 high school freshman that are exempt from their semester exam this afternoon and this video shows up. Sometimes teaching is like hunting in Africa. You start the day after Zebra but then a 60inch Kudu walks out of the bush. Change plans. (y)

Thanks for posting the video.:D

The anti hunters cannot be rationalized with. They have an agenda and pursue it relentlessly refusing to listen, compromise or attempt to share intelligent discourse. We have to be the bigger person; we cannot allow ourselves to be trapped in their discourse. In spite of what they do or say we have to rise above their accusations and educate the public as to what we truly represent and who we are. The public needs to know that hunters lead in conservation and investment in wildlife. The anti's offer nothing in terms of concrete advancement or investment in wildlife. In short they find fault with us and condemn our activities but offer nothing in terms of advancing wildlife advancement. The anti's only goal is the demise of the hunting community, we need to call them out of their shortcomings and misrepresentations and demonstrate to the public that hunters are the true stewards of wildlife.

Thanks for posting Simon. Like you, I'm glad that DSC is trying.....

At least DSC is trying to make a difference.

Over the last two years DSC has been growing. Dallas Safari Club has been creating DSC Chapters around the U. S. This has allowed an increase in membership. This increase in membership has allowed for the following developments to occur

1. DSC Frontline Foundation: http://dscfrontlinefoundation.org
This foundation is allowing DSC to help PH's that are injured or killed while on the job
2. DSC Foundation: http://dscf.org
This foundation is allowing DSC to provide grants for conservation, education, and hunter advocacy

The biggest change has been the DEF, Dallas Ecological Foundation, becoming the Outdoor Tomorrow Foundation. The DEF was begun by the DSC to develop the Outdoor Adventure Classes in public education in Texas. The DEF has grown up and in order to meet the nation wide demand of the Outdoor Adventure Classes throughout the U.S. the OTF was founded. Go visit the OTF webpage and see the difference being made.

http://www.dallasecologicalfoundation.org

So, who else is getting the idea that I am promoting the DSC and the OTF?(y)(y)(y)

I like it.

The only comment I would make is one I have made before - I wish all of hunters' organizations and those involved in any way in the hunting industry (manufacturers and retailers of hunting equipment, outfitters, agents, etc.) would get together and launch one well funded, professional, global campaign to both tell out story and to show what those who are anti-hunters are really all about. We would measure success from time to time, adjust as necessary, and, I firmly believe, actually make a difference in changing the majority of public opinion on this matter. We can't change the true antis, but we can show them up for what they really are - either rabid animal rights types (who would take away your right to kill animals for food) or those who make money from the movement.

These types of videos are helpful. Imagine what we could do if we were truly united.

What I don't like is how hard it is for a new outfitter/operator to get a booth at these shows, just way to expensive with the donation hunts etc.

A few booths should be set aside to help the new guys.

What I don't like is how hard it is for a new outfitter/operator to get a booth at these shows, just way to expensive with the donation hunts etc.

A few booths should be set aside to help the new guys.

Sorry I can't help you with that one but if you do get a booth. I'll make sure to bring the coffee/tea cart by on Saturday before the show opens that morning. My cart always has the best coffee.:D

Good video and just the right length. The perfect follow up to that video, which I hope DSC will do, is more elaboration on how sportsmen and women are the pillar supporting anti-poaching and conservation funding. Short, to the point, less than 3 minutes long videos. Then figure out how to get these messages to the masses.
We know two things. Sportsmen get it. Anti-hunters never will. The masses in the middle are the people who need to hear these messages. THAT is our Everest to climb.

The anti hunters cannot be rationalized with. They have an agenda and pursue it relentlessly refusing to listen, compromise or attempt to share intelligent discourse. We have to be the bigger person; we cannot allow ourselves to be trapped in their discourse. In spite of what they do or say we have to rise above their accusations and educate the public as to what we truly represent and who we are. The public needs to know that hunters lead in conservation and investment in wildlife. The anti's offer nothing in terms of concrete advancement or investment in wildlife. In short they find fault with us and condemn our activities but offer nothing in terms of advancing wildlife advancement. The anti's only goal is the demise of the hunting community, we need to call them out of their shortcomings and misrepresentations and demonstrate to the public that hunters are the true stewards of wildlife.

You're right -- about the die hard , rabid anti hunter. There is no need wasting energy and resources on them. But they are in the minority. Its about the people that are neither here nor there with the whole hunting / anti hunting thing. They are the real masses. They need to be educated -- and they will be -- either by us , or by the anti hunters.

This is great what DSC is doing. Now , will it reach John Doe and will he read it ? I don't know. There certainly are people and organizations like DSC out there that are fighting tooth and claw for us. TGA ( The true Green Alliance -- Ron Thomson ) have the right thing in mind. I support them also . They deserve a chance. And every hunter should support at least one of these. We will only know what we had once we lose it....

Thanks for posting Simon.

Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you