Hunter Hosting

Does your province/state/area allow hunter hosting?

• Total voters

Canadanoob

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Here in Alberta we are allowed to host non resident hunters just wondering how many other jurisdictions around the world allow this?
As a host here you are not allowed to accept any form of payment it's more as a favor between hunters kind of thing.
There are some rules and limitations of course.
I know the poll is pretty useless without listing every area of the world as a voting option and I can't figure out how to delete it from my post once I started messing with it so don't be shy to comment where you are from.

Last edited:
good question.

I think if I invite a Foreign friend to hunt here without compensation and only plains game I might be able to host them.

Not too sure though, the outfitter guys will know better.

In most states the only issue is getting that states hunting permit. Then you can take your buddy hunting. I do this every year at my dear camp.

I have a Namibian coming to Idaho to hunt archery elk and bear over bait.

Here in Alberta we are allowed to host non resident hunters just wondering how many other jurisdictions around the world allow this?
As a host here you are not allowed to accept any form of payment it's more as a favor between hunters kind of thing.
There are some rules and limitations of course.
I know the poll is pretty useless without listing every area of the world as a voting option and I can't figure out how to delete it from my post once I started messing with it so don't be shy to comment where you are from.

What does Hunter Hosting mean? I'm not familiar with that term? What are your obligations, rights and actions vs those of the "Hosted" Hunter?

Here in Sweden I have often had guests hunting wild boar, moose, red stags and roe bucks. Both swedes and non-swedes.
No special paperwork.

In Alabama the only restriction is the purchase of a hunting license on private land.

Hi shootist basically it means that I as a permanent resident of Alberta can invite a non resident to come hunt with me under my supervision as an alternative to a non resident having to hire a licensed guide or Outfitter.
There is a permit I would have to acquire for a nominal fee to host and I believe you can only do it every couple years if hosting a non Canadian.And only certain species would be available to you as a non resident i believe,it's been awhile since I looked up the specifics of the program.

Hi shootist basically it means that I as a permanent resident of Alberta can invite a non resident to come hunt with me under my supervision as an alternative to a non resident having to hire a licensed guide or Outfitter.
There is a permit I would have to acquire for a nominal fee to host and I believe you can only do it every couple years if hosting a non Canadian.And only certain species would be available to you as a non resident i believe,it's been awhile since I looked up the specifics of the program.

Thanks for the explanation. Where I live (Michigan) all a "visiting hunter" needs to do is purchase a non-resident hunting license for an exorbitant fee as compared to what a resident pays.

Here in Wyoming I can take a non-resident into the wilderness areas. They have to either hire a guide or a resident companion who receives no compensation. Outside the wilderness areas no one is required by law. Bruce

Here in Wyoming I can take a non-resident into the wilderness areas. They have to either hire a guide or a resident companion who receives no compensation. Outside the wilderness areas no one is required by law. Bruce

I have often wondered about this law requiring hunters to have a guide in wilderness areas. What is the logic here, to line the pockets of the outfitters? I can traipse all over the wilderness areas with no guide as long as I'm just hiking or camping or whatever else besides hunting.

I have often wondered about this law requiring hunters to have a guide in wilderness areas. What is the logic here, to line the pockets of the outfitters? I can traipse all over the wilderness areas with no guide as long as I'm just hiking or camping or whatever else besides hunting.

Hiking is Non-consumptive, hunting, not so much.
Management and :S Dollar::S Dollar::S Dollar:
!
In BC, Canada they are starting to introduce "success fees", on foreign hunters.
TAXES!

BobT that's exactly what that law was put in place for, to line the outfitters pockets, and you'r right that you can hike, fish, mountain climb and what ever else you want to do but not hunt! They pushed that through under the guise of safety !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!