Hunter Ambushed by Elephant, Trampled To Death

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

A hunter in his late fifties was killed in Gabon when he was ambushed by an elephant and trampled to death.

The drama unfolded last week in Roungassa village, in the province of Ogooue Lolo, Gabon Media Time reported

The remains of the man, whose identity has not been revealed, were found lying in the forest by members of the Central Brigade of the capital of Ogooué Lolo, residents told the website. This kind of hunting accident has been occurring more frequently in Gabon in recent months. More and more animals, especially elephants, are staying closer to the villages because of deforestation, which destroys the habitat and the trees whose fruits the animals feed on, the website reported.

Screenshot_30.png

Probono

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Kenya, South Africa, Zim, Uganda, USA
This is awful.

Philippe

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
What history does not say is that these hunters are also on the hunt for elephants for ivory, and that they are most often only equipped with 12 gauge. They shoot the elephant, injure it and get killed in return.

The smartest are equipped with 458s and there the song is different.
BIAJ5570.JPG

Hardly a week goes by without the newspapers talking about seizures of ivory from the hands of dealers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaiFurnell

Latest profile posts

Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
I have been looking at an option for a 505, that doesn't break the bank (that concern my have to yield), and is more in the 50-110, or 50 Alaskan range. However not easy to find a case, other than the Weatherby, of course. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tam Dl wrote on xausa's profile.
Hello, do you have any information on your 505 SRE cartridge. Up here in Canada, there is talk about how the various 500s may exceed the 10 000 Joule limit recently imposed. Not that they do on paper, but you never know what they may infer or claim.
Eastern Cape Hunting Report Coming soon...

IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2152.JPG
IMG_0899.JPG
IMG_0521.JPG
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2583.JPG
Jaynecobb wrote on cal pappas's profile.
I hate to bother you....I own 2 of your books including British bore rifle. I was hoping you might have more 10 bore loads. For the heavier and later rifles. Any help would be appreciated.
Gert Odendaal wrote on Av8or's profile.
Good day , Do you still have .375 H&H Magnum brass available to sell?